The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

game file size

JJBoomer
JJBoomer
✭✭✭✭✭
Whenever a new patch comes out, does that get added, and take up hard drive space? Like is it possible that this game could take up all of my hd space eventually?
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it is possible, but they have said that they plan to reduce the file size in 2020. Everyone will have to redownload the game after they do that.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • JJBoomer
    JJBoomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBois wrote: »
    Yes it is possible, but they have said that they plan to reduce the file size in 2020. Everyone will have to redownload the game after they do that.

Did they say when that was occuring? Cuz the game is already taking up almost 200 gb of my hard drive and I only have another 300 gb to give it...
    Edited by JJBoomer on December 18, 2019 11:54PM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JJBoomer wrote: »
    Did they say when that was occuring? Cuz the game is already taking up almost 200 gb of my hard drive and I only have another 300 gb to give it...

Shouldn't be more than 70GB or so. Do you have the PTS installed? The PTS is a 2nd full copy of the game taking up just as much (or even more) space as the live game.
    :smile:
    Edited by SirAndy on December 19, 2019 12:54AM
  • JJBoomer
    JJBoomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »

Shouldn't be more than 70GB or so. Do you have the PTS installed? The PTS is a 2nd full copy of the game taking up just as much (or even more) space as the live game.

no i don't have the PTS installed. But if every patch takes up more HD space, then it adds up doesn't it?
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    no i don't have the PTS installed. But if every patch takes up more HD space, then it adds up doesn't it?

Well yes, but again, my game folder is only about 70GB. Sounds like your launcher doesn't clean up temp files after patching.
    :neutral: