Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Gift Event Tickets during New Life & You’ll Earn Free Crown Crates!"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
62f1497baf9b5aed54c67024ac2970a9.jpg
This is the official discussion thread for "Gift Event Tickets during New Life & You’ll Earn Free Crown Crates!" blog article.

Get into the holiday spirit and gift Event Tickets to your friends and guildmates, and we’ll give you four Frost Atronach Crown Crates, completely free!
Staff Post
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 Crates = 1500 crowns
    1 event tickets = 250 crowns x 5 = 1250 crowns

As long as you don't gift MORE than 5 tickets. its cheaper than buying 4 crates.
    Because the way i read it, no matter how many more you gift beyond those 5, you wont get more crates beyond the first 4.
    What are Natch Potes? Can you eat those?
    I believe in Genie-Gina.
  • Jack_TheImpaler
    Jack_TheImpaler
    ✭✭✭
    Nice incentive to gift, however I would rather spend the extra 250 crowns and be able to open the crates now :D
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice incentive to gift, however I would rather spend the extra 250 crowns and be able to open the crates now :D

Very true, also i think they're trying to get more people normalised to buying the tickets instead of playing for em. Problem is, events give them a lot and there's a cap. So if somebody is at cap and what is currently on offer is not of interest, they wait.
    If the cap was higher or the effort to get tickets was greater it might work. As is, it will only work on those with a lot of cash AND not a lot of time. crown addicts won't be tempted.
    I believe in Genie-Gina.
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the article: "Crown Crate delivery date is TBD, but it will occur by the end of January 2020"

Why is the Crown Crate deliver date delayed?

Are the gifted items delivery date also delayed?
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    majulook wrote: »
    From the article: "Crown Crate delivery date is TBD, but it will occur by the end of January 2020"

More likely, actual dates were not finalised before the post was greenlit.
    So when they do have a date, they edit post.
    I believe in Genie-Gina.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DBZVelena wrote: »

Fair enough, but I still question why there is a delay at all? Why not gift 5 tickets, get 4 crates now? Is it a technical limitation or is in intentional. If intentional, I struggle to figure out why.
  • Holmarion19
    Holmarion19
    ✭✭✭
    From memory all the gifting promotions have had this delay so it is more than likely something in the system which prevents an instantaneous response.
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Fair enough, but I still question why there is a delay at all? Why not gift 5 tickets, get 4 crates now? Is it a technical limitation or is in intentional. If intentional, I struggle to figure out why.

It's a technical limitation. Just like how twitch crates are sent out in waves. Their system has to verify that you first reached the 5 tickets gifted mark. then that you haven't already gotten the 4 crates, before sending you the crates.
    This taxes their server system on top of all other permutations ist already doing. To prevent one huge disabling lag spike, they do smaller batches with time in between.
    I believe in Genie-Gina.
  • Dar
    Dar
    Soul Shriven
    Is it enough to split these 5 tickets between 2 players?
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could just gift us some crates, like a Christmas gesture. Who would use this system when you can get 5 tickets from just 15 minutes of play a day?
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love that they say "gift 5 Event Tickets." Sure, I'd love to! How do I gift the tickets I've earned in game? Ohhh, it's Crown Store ones only? Pfff.
  • Fataru88
    Fataru88
    Soul Shriven
    Is there a bug not giving the bonus tickets for bosses right now? I'm on xbox na server and I've killed several bosses today and not received the bonus 3 tickets?
  • icandybunny
    icandybunny
    Soul Shriven
    Who wants to gift me some event tickets ? i really need some to get my white indrick which i unfortunately due to holidays missed too many days to be able to get enough tickets

name in game is icandybunny and i play on the ps4 NA server :smile:

<3
  • elijafire
    elijafire
    ✭✭✭
    4 Crates = 1500 crowns
    1 event tickets = 250 crowns x 5 = 1250 crowns

As long as you don't gift MORE than 5 tickets. its cheaper than buying 4 crates.
    Because the way i read it, no matter how many more you gift beyond those 5, you wont get more crates beyond the first 4.

For me crates only cost 1333.33 so 83 crowns is meh. Especially since them actually honoring the deal is a 50/50

Very true, also i think they're trying to get more people normalised to buying the tickets instead of playing for em. Problem is, events give them a lot and there's a cap. So if somebody is at cap and what is currently on offer is not of interest, they wait.
    If the cap was higher or the effort to get tickets was greater it might work. As is, it will only work on those with a lot of cash AND not a lot of time. crown addicts won't be tempted.

The cap has always been why I won't buy tickets.
    Edited by elijafire on December 30, 2019 4:49PM
  • rhysrwb17_ESO1
    So I sent 5 tickets to someone in my guild the other day thinking I was doing the right thing and helping them out, however they went off-line without claiming them and haven't been online for a number of days.

Does anyone know if they need to be claimed to count, or is it enough that you have sent them to the other player?
  • ceiron
    ceiron
    ✭✭✭✭
    Got mine today. Ps4 eu
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, I did this promotion, gifting tickets to two others, for a total of five tickets gifted. I have not received any crates. What gives? Do we know when these crates are supposed to have been delivered? I don't want to put in a ticket if they aren't supposed to have gone out yet anyway, but we're also getting close to the end of January.

[EDIT: I dug around on Twitter and found the information about the crates going out to all platforms on 1/16/2020. I didn't get mine, so I'm currently in ticket phone tag with the ESO support folks.]
    Edited by Kiyakotari on January 22, 2020 7:34AM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kiyakotari wrote: »
    So, I did this promotion, gifting tickets to two others, for a total of five tickets gifted. I have not received any crates. What gives? Do we know when these crates are supposed to have been delivered? I don't want to put in a ticket if they aren't supposed to have gone out yet anyway, but we're also getting close to the end of January.

[EDIT: I dug around on Twitter and found the information about the crates going out to all platforms on 1/16/2020. I didn't get mine, so I'm currently in ticket phone tag with the ESO support folks.]

I didn't get them either.