The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Matchmaker right now

LinearParadox
LinearParadox
✭✭✭✭✭
I was going to come in here and post some long-winded rant about how disgusting the MM system is right now, I had screenshots of my matches today; matches starting with 2 people on a team against 3 or 4 on the others, a match starting with like 2 people on each team, another one where an entire team QUIT and left the other two teams in a 3v4, etc. etc. etc.
At least 6 games like this. 6/6 of the games I played.
And in all of them there was NEVER A SINGLE BACKFILL.
I was going to black out people's names and post 'em and upload 'em and blah blah blah...

Then I looked at the boards here and saw how many other people have already complained about the same thing... and for how LONG they've been complaining of it for...
And I remembered... they just don't give a damn about it :)
In the last 300 topics made here, there's been 4 ZoS replies, all of which have been moderator action.
These forums, especially these ones in PvP and such, are nothing more than an isolation chamber for us to all scream into the void like a bunch of fools.

So I won't be wasting my time with all the rest, I'll just say...

I'm utterly disgusted with the state of this game and you fellow players, and you ZoS employees, should be too.
Five years you've had this game in the public eye, five years you've been 'refining' it, or should've been.
And you can't put 12 people in a room together.
Edited by LinearParadox on December 13, 2019 10:51AM
twitch.tv/linearparadox
Benthar the Unkillable - lvl 50 StamDK - AD
High Confessor Celosia - lvl 50 MagDK, AD
Aeolyndra Sunstrider - lvl 50 Magplar Support God, AD
Maldreth Angala - lvl 50 Magicka PetSorc, AD
Veldrosa Wyldwind - lvl 50 StamSorc, AD
M. Night Shatupon - lvl 50 MagBlade, AD
Vestonia Ironhardt - lvl 50 Warden GuardTank, AD
Bone Daddy - lvl 50 Stamcro, AD
Abra Kedaver - lvl 50 Magcro, AD
CP 1100+
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed back fills aren’t happening too. Something broke.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    your post is unconstructive. shame on you
  • LinearParadox
    LinearParadox
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, I'm sorryyyy.

What exactly is constructive in this case? What more could be said?
    This isn't a suggestion, this isn't a "this or that" option. This isn't nerf the thing or buff it's counter or whatever.
    It's very plain and simple.
    The thing doesn't work.
    Make. It. Work.
    That's it. The end.
    twitch.tv/linearparadox
    Benthar the Unkillable - lvl 50 StamDK - AD
    High Confessor Celosia - lvl 50 MagDK, AD
    Aeolyndra Sunstrider - lvl 50 Magplar Support God, AD
    Maldreth Angala - lvl 50 Magicka PetSorc, AD
    Veldrosa Wyldwind - lvl 50 StamSorc, AD
    M. Night Shatupon - lvl 50 MagBlade, AD
    Vestonia Ironhardt - lvl 50 Warden GuardTank, AD
    Bone Daddy - lvl 50 Stamcro, AD
    Abra Kedaver - lvl 50 Magcro, AD
    CP 1100+
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, I'm sorryyyy.

What exactly is constructive in this case? What more could be said?
    This isn't a suggestion, this isn't a "this or that" option. This isn't nerf the thing or buff it's counter or whatever.
    It's very plain and simple.
    The thing doesn't work.
    Make. It. Work.
    That's it. The end.

Pretty sure the "unconstructive" comment was a tongue in cheek shot at the mods here, who have been closing topics that have legitimate complaints about performance, giving the reason that the topic is not constructive.

Pretty sure...but this IS the internet after all...😁
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, earlier this week I was put into a DM as part of a team of 2 vs a team of 3 vs a team of 4 and it was a really garbage experience that doesn't make me like or want to play DMs any more than I already don't.

But since I can't seem to get any of the other BG types to come up... DMs it is, I guess.
  • nihoumab14_ESO
    nihoumab14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    There's something fundamentally wrong with both the grouping tool for battlegrounds as well as the the matchmaking.

Here is one of my recent matches: Here on imgur. It was just me vs 2 teams of 4 (originally red was 4 as well, but they had leavers and were at 2 by the end of the match). I never once got a backfill on my team, red never did either, and green eventually won. Very demoralizing for this kind of play as a solo queue. At the very least the system should re-arrange teams before matches start so they are as balanced as possible.

My match started with 9 people, it should have re-balanced it to 3 teams of 3. And people who do get placed in backfilled queues should both get their daily quest progressed by an increment regardless of performance, and give them extra alliance points or gold or something to make it not feel bad getting placed in a back queue.

Finally, the 5 minute deserter penalty is too short. I know they did it because of the system not being able to match groups up well numbers wise, but it just exacerbates the problem. Also, deserting battlegrounds should lock you out of dungeons and Cyrodil as well for the timer, but if they do that I feel 15 minutes is sufficient penalty, not the previous 20.

What's worse is I feel I shouldn't even try to play these matches since apparently MMR is based on things like performance in medal scores, so by me trying to still play as one person it just makes it a match where I increase my MMR even though I know I will lose, and my MMR will never decrease, meaning I'm putting myself against better skilled opponents by losing all the time? How does that make any kind of sense?

To top it off, my quest is to win 3 battlegrounds, which is very frustrating when it doesn't count 2nd place. In an ideal world, with 3 teams, you'd win 33% of the time, which makes this quest a play nine times quest. When you have these issues that crop up, it makes it take longer if you are unlucky with matchmaking filling your group, and boy does it take far longer. At least the medals quest is doable on less full groups, and the play 5 is always doable.

None of this is to even get into the issues of certain healers/classes like DK healers feeling bad in PVP