Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is anyone have problems in houses of items turning sideways when you place items?

• ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GChaseXmas wrote: »
    Thanks @ZOS_SarahHecker for the confirmation. Since it's been a while do you have updates or any idea of when this bug will be patched?

Now I don't know about everyone else I know this just started happening to me and some of the guildies I build homes with on X1-NA when the last DLC patch dropped and is continuing to be a bug. Hopefully this is something that can be patched when the New Life Festival begins.

This should be fixed on console in the next incremental patch on Wednesday.
    Staff Post
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @ZOS_SarahHecker for the confirmation. Since it's been a while do you have updates or any idea of when this bug will be patched?

Now I don't know about everyone else I know this just started happening to me and some of the guildies I build homes with on X1-NA when the last DLC patch dropped and is continuing to be a bug. Hopefully this is something that can be patched when the New Life Festival begins.

Any word on when this will be fixed on the PC, though? Still happening on my end.
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Any word on when this will be fixed on the PC, though? Still happening on my end.

This should have been fixed with last week's patch. Could you happen to grab a video of it happening? We'd like to look into it further.
    Staff Post
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It still happens to me when I first place an item, but if you rotate the second place holds the position.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As I mentioned in my previous post, this issue was fixed for me, at least for assistants, mounts, & pets (the only items I had any problems with). I placed them this weekend on PC NA with no problems. They were oriented exactly as I had placed them. This is on PC NA, in Game Pad mode.

Are you having issues with any item, or just assistants? For me, the issue only occurred in gamepad mode, and thus affected me on XB as well as PC (where I use gamepad mode exclusively), and only with assistants, mounts, and pets. PC now seems to be fine for me, and I'm looking forward to it being fixed on console this week.

But maybe there's another bug out there that's not specifically related to assistants/mounts/pets?
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on December 16, 2019 10:26PM
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's not quite fixed but way better.
    They still turn sideways buy if you move your own position and try again it seems to work. Also, only happening 50% of the time now.
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zypheran wrote: »
    It's not quite fixed but way better.
    They still turn sideways buy if you move your own position and try again it seems to work. Also, only happening 50% of the time now.

Ah...so I guess I'm lucky that both assistants I placed this weekend were oriented exactly as expected. Ah well...I just won't move them any time soon. I'll see how it works on XB when the patch hits on Wednesday.
  • Sylianwe
    Sylianwe
    ✭✭✭
    Hm yes, actually, I've had this too, sometimes the joysticks of a controller start to malfunction.

It then shows as either your camera view always going up or your character always slightly moving forward. Both of which are incredibly annoying as this means I can't loot and/or correctly place my housing items.

Using the D-pad instead of the joysticks seems to help.

Edited by Sylianwe on May 17, 2021 10:35AM
    The mind is a walled garden, even death can not touch the flowers blooming there 🌹
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This problem has been fixed on PS4/NA with today’s patch for me.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This problem has been fixed on PS4/NA with today’s patch for me.

Just chiming in that I haven't had any problems since the console patch, and since the patch on PC for that matter. There have been a couple times where I had to pick up and place the assistant again, but it would orient the correct way on a second try. Most of the time, though, they place exactly as I intended on the first try. Also, when they don't place perfectly, it's usually that they're facing forward, toward me. Before, they'd sometimes turn 90 degrees or even 180 degrees from the direction I wanted them placed.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on December 30, 2019 5:59PM