The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Connplaint about "Trees, Snowswept Pair" (bad Crown purchase)

SickleCider
SickleCider
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I'm talking about this item specifically. The textures are EXTREMELY muddy, and as you can see, some of the branches are hideous 2-dimensional planes. I wouldn't have bought these if the preview had been clearer about the abysmal quality. Is there any chance of this getting a passover?

ddmahwo-c8ab3f46-0c61-4f82-82fd-7ccafb8eed5b.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2QwNzI4YmEwLWY5YjgtNDlkMi1iNzQ3LWVmYjUwZWUzOThkZlwvZGRtYWh3by1jOGFiM2Y0Ni0wYzYxLTRmODItODJmZC03Y2NhZmI4ZWVkNWIucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.-oij80NcsD-5UycyWGIdgilIupf1ckYoJOUVfHqsUPk
ddmahwg-b4a17529-40b9-4bec-a164-c9be4ae5bfbe.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2QwNzI4YmEwLWY5YjgtNDlkMi1iNzQ3LWVmYjUwZWUzOThkZlwvZGRtYWh3Zy1iNGExNzUyOS00MGI5LTRiZWMtYTE2NC1jOWJlNGFlNWJmYmUucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.G7xhVB0jeKnrEEtlvbNVSd3z1-VzK0T-Tf-IZvN1vLk
ddmahvz-f06f5f5a-c871-4a45-81be-3e0e5ba15162.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2QwNzI4YmEwLWY5YjgtNDlkMi1iNzQ3LWVmYjUwZWUzOThkZlwvZGRtYWh2ei1mMDZmNWY1YS1jODcxLTRhNDUtODFiZS0zZTBlNWJhMTUxNjIucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.ogc7stzFLj86FXikAAnvuZzgN3nBVSNgpZZ7RiMU36M

UPDATE: My purchase issue has been resolved by a lovely customer service rep. I think it would be great if someone would look into this, still. There are so few winter furnishings available. :'(
Edited by SickleCider on December 14, 2019 7:29PM
✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • bellatrixed
    bellatrixed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad you got a refund!

I think the issue is just that it's one of the assets that was in the game at launch. There are a ton of furnishings that have ghastly, low quality textures compared to the newer things because they're from 2014, even if they weren't added to housing til recently.

I wish a lot of the old assets would get a pass on textures, but it doesn't seem very likely unfortunately.
    ESO Roleplay | RP community for all factions/servers/platforms
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @bellatrixed Thanks! Yeah, that has to be the case. I wouldn't have said anything about it if it weren't a crown exclusive. Charging for a poor asset, and that being the only means to acquire it, just seems kind of. . . well, it's not nice. What WAS nice was that rep. I wasn't seeking a refund, but that's how it shook down.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I think the issue is just that it's one of the assets that was in the game at launch. There are a ton of furnishings that have ghastly, low quality textures compared to the newer things because they're from 2014, even if they weren't added to housing til recently.

I wish a lot of the old assets would get a pass on textures, but it doesn't seem very likely unfortunately.

Some of the new ones do, too.

Have you seen my thread about the Elsweyr bookshelves(?):

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/505071/texture-improvement-request-for-elsweyr-bookshelf-ancient-stone-full#latest

There is really no excuse for it - especially now, after all the Alinor stuff, which is all pretty high res.

We seem to have gone backwards...
    Edited by Tigerseye on December 15, 2019 4:15AM
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »

Some of the new ones do, too.

Have you seen my thread about the Elsweyr bookshelves(?):

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/505071/texture-improvement-request-for-elsweyr-bookshelf-ancient-stone-full#latest

There is really no excuse for it - especially now, after all the Alinor stuff, which is all pretty high res.

We seem to have gone backwards...

Oh noooooo! That's inexcusably awful! Is that one a crown exclusive, too?