The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Flying blade

MartiniDaniels
MartiniDaniels
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Does anybody tried to use it on regular basis? I tried today and it's like worst gap closer I ever saw. Your target will simply LOS or streak again after your first dagger, so when you are again in range to use it, 5 seconds already passed and you again don't have 2 GCD to use it... so far you need to sprint much closer then 22meters and only in that case you can gap close...
Imo ability should be changed in terms of range.. so for example first dagger have 28 meters range and 10 seconds duration to proc, but you can reactivate it for gap close only if you are within 22 meters.
0mDeHwO.jpg
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When I tested it on the PTS a while back, even if you stood a fair distance away, nothing too crazy, you still had to wait about a second for the dagger to land, which kinda defeats the whole purpose of it bypassing the GCD. From my testing, it's just a clunkier, delayed Teleport Strike, which has ruined what was once a good PvE spammable.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it's a pity that once decent ability was changed to half-baked one and with ground-breaking changes of U24, flying blade problems were overlooked. I guess we can only hope for next PTS..
  • JinxxND
    JinxxND
    ✭✭✭✭
    Horrendous change that was made to this skill, turning it from a really good spammable into a terrible high cost, lower range "utility" ability. Really makes you wonder who makes these changes and if they actually try them in game to see how they perform.
    Edited by JinxxND on December 15, 2019 6:12AM
    PC NA -
    'Jinxx - Nightblade
    'Jinxx X Necromancer
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't need to repeat what has already been said, but I will anyway.

This skill is terrible now.
    Seems like another change simply for change sake. A real head scratcher why anyone would take a perfectly good skill and change it into....whatever the hell it's supposed to be now.

Combat team has had alot of misses in the last few patches. This one ranks right up there...😖
    Edited by Kel on December 15, 2019 2:59PM
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If ZOS wanted DW to have a gap closer, they should have made a gap closer, not a klunky, unworkable ranged/gap close mutation.

DW didn't even need the change. It made perfect sense for one of the melee lines to have a ranged spammable for scenarios where range was required. The ranged weapons all had knock backs to keep opponents out of melee range. And the other two melee lines had gap closers to stay in melee range. It was pretty well designed.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I've always felt that conceptually the throwing weapon ability made no sense, as it doesn't have anything to do with dual wielding weapons. Makes even less sense why it would allow you to teleport. Same with steel tornado. At a conceptual level it needs a rework.

That said as skills go both morphs used to be solid. Don't know why they would change one now. Especially when the same thing exists with bolts (at least it did last time I checked).
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The skill was completely butchered for no reason. It wasn’t OP and DW didn’t need a weird conditional gap closer. No one was asking for it but here we are.
  • JinxxND
    JinxxND
    ✭✭✭✭
    Both morphs are bad now, shrouded daggers which acted like a closer range "aoe" with the bounce is too expensive to be spammed now and if you need a brutality buff usually you want it up at or before 28m in game or you just get hit by range skills that are 28m and above normally without having your brutality buff up to get better heals

Flying dagger the skill that once was single target and 28m to match ranged skills to get your brutality buff now is 22m and is a terrible gap closer that doesn't even work, so you end up getting hit with your buffs down and you don't even get the brutality buff until you gap close and by that time you are spending more GCD then you opponent attacking you. ZOS needs to revert both versions of this skill in terms of cost and make it a spammable again not the same cost as expensive blade cloak and revert the 28m range to flying blade and get rid of the gap closer. @ZOS_Gilliam
    PC NA -
    'Jinxx - Nightblade
    'Jinxx X Necromancer
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 targeted cooldowns just to access major brutality uuuugh disgusting, this skill is a dumpster fire