The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Remove the stun from 'Streak'

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »
    I just feel like the stun from steak is overkill; I wouldn't mind it if it maybe applied minor maim (15% damage done debuff) or something to the enemy, but a stun? For a mobility tool? Seems a bit OP.

I mean, they already have their crystal fragments for a stun.

Sorry for the small post, I didn't know what else to say.

I wish they would just remove stuns from PvP period. This game's PvP would be more fun without them. That or just bring back the old unstoppable ability which gave players an effective way to counter it.

well said!
    i wish the same thing.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, it is what it is. I play magsorc more than any other class but i also play other classes. I wouldnt go make a thread about unblockable streak stun myself, it is not big of a deal but it is true that unblockable streak stun isnt the right direction for the pvp. It is not a killer ability but it does not have any counter play. You just cant l2p against streak. Any other stun in the game, you can l2p against. That is the difference. Make it blockable again, then it is fair game for streak. Dont need to list every stun in the game and make a huge list with pros and cons, just go out there with any toon other than magsorc and see it for yourself. And right now, there are 3 other good stuns in the game, anyway: templar, dk ult, fossilize. First two you can just block and last one you keep distance, that is the counter play. And btw, i would argue to make vampire stun 7m, as well. 12m is too good of a distance for that stun. But again, they are not breaking pvp, anyway. Just minor issues.

This 100%. Everything should have a counter play.

Break free and block is your counter play. Unlike Fear and Fossilize, Streak doesn't guarantee a true combo. The following Frag is 100% mitigatable.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    Well, it is what it is. I play magsorc more than any other class but i also play other classes. I wouldnt go make a thread about unblockable streak stun myself, it is not big of a deal but it is true that unblockable streak stun isnt the right direction for the pvp. It is not a killer ability but it does not have any counter play. You just cant l2p against streak. Any other stun in the game, you can l2p against. That is the difference. Make it blockable again, then it is fair game for streak. Dont need to list every stun in the game and make a huge list with pros and cons, just go out there with any toon other than magsorc and see it for yourself. And right now, there are 3 other good stuns in the game, anyway: templar, dk ult, fossilize. First two you can just block and last one you keep distance, that is the counter play. And btw, i would argue to make vampire stun 7m, as well. 12m is too good of a distance for that stun. But again, they are not breaking pvp, anyway. Just minor issues.

Break free and block is your counter play. Unlike Fear and Fossilize, Streak doesn't guarantee a true combo. The following Frag is 100% mitigatable.

Sorry, what? Streak stun is unblockable already 2 patches. And Fossilize unlike Streak doesn't provide gap closer/escape tool, have lesser range, larger cost and is not aoe. Fossilize is powerful yes, but i'll trade it for Streak any day. (as stamDK main)
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Sorry, what? Streak stun is unblockable already 2 patches. And Fossilize unlike Streak doesn't provide gap closer/escape tool, have lesser range, larger cost and is not aoe. Fossilize is powerful yes, but i'll trade it for Streak any day. (as stamDK main)

You don't understand. When you get streaked, break free and immediately block. You'll mitigate the Frag coming at you and survive. The 180 turn prevents a guaranteed follow-up.
    Fossilize with its root has been many mag DK's pseudo-gapcloser for a very long time. It costs your opponent stamina twice and it procs some very important Earthen Heart passives for you. Yeah, it doesn't move you, and that is precisely why you have Empowering Chains.
    As for your trade request, dude... People are already b$/^&ing about Streak stunning sorcs. Can you imagine what would happen if sorcs also got the guaranteed Frag after the stun with Fossilize? Yeah. Yeah, you can. It would be the same as back then with Rune Cage. Less range, admittedly, but this game is melee-range 95% of the time, anyway. Be careful what you wish for.
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just feel like the stun from steak is overkill; I wouldn't mind it if it maybe applied minor maim (15% damage done debuff) or something to the enemy, but a stun? For a mobility tool? Seems a bit OP.

It is incredibly annoying, so I"m with you.

I wish they would just remove stuns from PvP period. This game's PvP would be more fun without them. That or just bring back the old unstoppable ability which gave players an effective way to counter it.

How would you ever kill tankier builds and builds that block all the time, then? Stuns have a place in PvP for controlling a fight and forcing a burst window, the problem is the counter (immunity) just doesn't work, and is maybe a little too short. If ZoS were to actually seriously put time into fixing immunity, and maybe raising it to 10 seconds, it'd be fine, IMO.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And then ud complain about sorcs guaranteed one shots on people like with old rune cage. Lmao.
    Edited by pieratsos on December 14, 2019 8:53AM
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »
    And then ud complain about sorcs guaranteed one shots on people like with old rune cage. Lmao.

What's the difference between timing meteor, curse with streak into frags (+mages fury as an option) vs doing the same with fossilize? Difference is only in terms that using streak requires skill, while fossilize works always if target is not cc-immune.
    I'm not saying that streak stun itself is something unbearable, problem is that it grants gap closer/escape tool too. Basically 3 abilities in 1. Of course it's nice to have such abilities, but problem is that DK was nerfed to the point that class doesn't have any such "universal" ability at all. Yes, we have leap, but that is ultimate.
    I understand that DK is sort of counter to magsorc (and magblade) with fossilize draining stamina and wings negating burst, but all that doesn't work against other classes so good.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

What's the difference between timing meteor, curse with streak into frags (+mages fury as an option) vs doing the same with fossilize? Difference is only in terms that using streak requires skill, while fossilize works always if target is not cc-immune.
    I'm not saying that streak stun itself is something unbearable, problem is that it grants gap closer/escape tool too. Basically 3 abilities in 1. Of course it's nice to have such abilities, but problem is that DK was nerfed to the point that class doesn't have any such "universal" ability at all. Yes, we have leap, but that is ultimate.
    I understand that DK is sort of counter to magsorc (and magblade) with fossilize draining stamina and wings negating burst, but all that doesn't work against other classes so good.

Night and day difference actually. With streak, you have to wait for the animation to end and turn around before following up giving time to ur opponent to cc break. Best case scenario you maybe get 1 hit at ur opponent before cc breaking which is also why the streak combo is only really effective with meteor since meteor is a backloaded ult. With any other ult its kinda iffy to use streak cause you simply wont have enough time to follow up with ur burst.

There is a reason why with old rune cage there was an outrage demanding the skill to be butchered while with streak there isnt much of a hassle outside the usual threads. That is because their practical application isnt even remotely the same.

So again, wanna trade fossilize with streak. Just know that you will be bringing old rune cage meta back and you will be back here asking fossilize to be butchered cause you will literally have zero counterplay to sorc burst and asking for streak to be buffed cause the stun is not reliable offensively. Not saying fossilize as an ability is better than streak. Its not, but in terms of reliable offensive cc, its not even a contest. Fossilize is simply better.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Night and day difference actually. With streak, you have to wait for the animation to end and turn around before following up giving time to ur opponent to cc break. Best case scenario you maybe get 1 hit at ur opponent before cc breaking which is also why the streak combo is only really effective with meteor since meteor is a backloaded ult. With any other ult its kinda iffy to use streak cause you simply wont have enough time to follow up with ur burst.

There is a reason why with old rune cage there was an outrage demanding the skill to be butchered while with streak there isnt much of a hassle outside the usual threads. That is because their practical application isnt even remotely the same.

So again, wanna trade fossilize with streak. Just know that you will be bringing old rune cage meta back and you will be back here asking fossilize to be butchered cause you will literally have zero counterplay to sorc burst and asking for streak to be buffed cause the stun is not reliable offensively. Not saying fossilize as an ability is better than streak. Its not, but in terms of reliable offensive cc, its not even a contest. Fossilize is simply better.

But there is already fossilize alternative available to everyone - turn evil, which is btw harder cc then fossilize, in terms of break free. Yeah, it is rather costly for magicka builds but if it guaranteed successful burst against balanced builds, I'm sure magsorcs would use it. But obviously no magsorc use it, why? Altmer or dunmer could afford it. They don't use it because it requires coming into close melee range first and there is simply no place on magsorc bars both for gap closer and hard-cc. Thus, streak is perfect ability because it's both gap closer and unblockable cc (and kite tool as well). Key point here is that streak requires skill to use and it is not so easy to land against agile opponent.. which sort of balances it out.
    But if you are playing not very agile build, streak is like a can-opener against you :D and it is more deadly on stamsorcs too.

Overall, I'll be ok with streak if ZOS buffed empowering chains. Those are really in pitiful state in comparison to other gap closers and given that it is gap closer of most melee oriented class... it is weird that melee class has worst gap closer in the game (well, worst after "flying blade").
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think the idea to get rid of all stuns is a good one.

How will I kill anyone? By not being a tank. Right now the issue is you can kill people in tank specs.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

But there is already fossilize alternative available to everyone - turn evil, which is btw harder cc then fossilize, in terms of break free. Yeah, it is rather costly for magicka builds but if it guaranteed successful burst against balanced builds, I'm sure magsorcs would use it. But obviously no magsorc use it, why? Altmer or dunmer could afford it. They don't use it because it requires coming into close melee range first and there is simply no place on magsorc bars both for gap closer and hard-cc. Thus, streak is perfect ability because it's both gap closer and unblockable cc (and kite tool as well). Key point here is that streak requires skill to use and it is not so easy to land against agile opponent.. which sort of balances it out.
    But if you are playing not very agile build, streak is like a can-opener against you :D and it is more deadly on stamsorcs too.

Overall, I'll be ok with streak if ZOS buffed empowering chains. Those are really in pitiful state in comparison to other gap closers and given that it is gap closer of most melee oriented class... it is weird that melee class has worst gap closer in the game (well, worst after "flying blade").

Turn Undead is more of an argument FOR Streak stun, because all stam builds get an undodgable, unblockable stun. Magblades get Fear, mag DKs get Fossilize. So why should sorcs get the short stick here? Because they're sorcs?
    You can't use Turn Undead on magsorc because you can't sustain the stamina cost every seven seconds.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Without stuns, anyone who knows what they are doing would never die in a 1v1 fight.
    Edited by Joy_Division on December 14, 2019 2:56PM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah might as well remove death from PvP.
    Oh wait that is what nerf herders are trying to do. lol
    Edited by TequilaFire on December 14, 2019 3:17PM
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Turn Undead is more of an argument FOR Streak stun, because all stam builds get an undodgable, unblockable stun. Magblades get Fear, mag DKs get Fossilize. So why should sorcs get the short stick here? Because they're sorcs?
    You can't use Turn Undead on magsorc because you can't sustain the stamina cost every seven seconds.

But Turn Evil doesn't have gap closer/kite/escape tool attached. It have 2 buffs locked to rune position and one of this buffs is used on FM/Rally. So yeah, Turn Evil is in the same league as fossilize or nightblade's fear.. but Streak has more features and is on the same level as Toppling charge. So it's either nerf of Streak/Toppling charge or buff DK/NB class stuns OR gap closers. If you don't see that stamDK and magNB are underdogs this patch... well AFAIK "every experienced PVP-er knows this":
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/499072/patch-5-2-5-pvp-tierlist/p1

NB at least have cloak which is extremely powerful if opponent's pot is on cooldown... stamDK have nothing besides Leap and Battle roar. All other class abilities are worse then weapon abilities or analogues of other classes.

Yeah and both necromancers are lacking too.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

last time I checked turn undead or fossilize did not move you forward. As for all your ''but you can break free in time'' argument, that applies to pretty much all CC in the game, and if you time it right you pretty much have curse-meteor-streak-execute hitting all at the same time.

Difference with a Dk using fossilize into meteor is that you can actually see the DK literally coming towards you, or see the meteor and streak away from fossilize range, and even if the DK follows up with a leap you can block it. Fossilize does not move you forward, it has basically melee range, you on the other hand have 28m range to work with, do not compare melee abilities on a melee class to a gapcloser+AoE stun, on a ranged character, that is not fair.

turn undead on the other hand while being an AoE unblockable stun similar to streak, is not a gapcloser, and its ground based with very tiny radius meaning you can literally outrun it.

One would think such difference would be obvious to anyone with eyes but I keep forgetting this forum is a natural habitat for hypocrisy and bias.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on December 14, 2019 4:42PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Without stuns, anyone who knows what they are doing would never die in a 1v1 fight.

Yes, if in a tank spec. Right now everyone’s tanky. Let the tanks not be able to kill each other and allow high damage specs.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

last time I checked turn undead or fossilize did not move you forward. As for all your ''but you can break free in time'' argument, that applies to pretty much all CC in the game, and if you time it right you pretty much have curse-meteor-streak-execute hitting all at the same time.

Difference with a Dk using fossilize into meteor is that you can actually see the DK literally coming towards you, or see the meteor and streak away from fossilize range, and even if the DK follows up with a leap you can block it. Fossilize does not move you forward, it has basically melee range, you on the other hand have 28m range to work with, do not compare melee abilities on a melee class to a gapcloser+AoE stun, on a ranged character, that is not fair.

turn undead on the other hand while being an AoE unblockable stun similar to streak, is not a gapcloser, and its ground based with very tiny radius meaning you can literally outrun it.

One would think such difference would be obvious to anyone with eyes but I keep forgetting this forum is a natural habitat for hypocrisy and bias.

Oh, look, we got a badass here.
    Since you're so clever, I got a riddle: what do you think might be the reasoning behind putting a class stun on a class mobility skill on a mobility class? What might be the reasoning behind putting a class stun on a class root on a tank class?
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The argument is about the reliability of a cc and bringing turn evil into the discussion literally proves my point. Just because ability A and ability B are both undodgeable and unblockable it doesn't mean that their practical application is the same. Turn evil is not good because it costs a third of ur Stam and requires u to be on top of ur opponent which makes it unreliable even tho it can't be blocked and dodged. Same with Streak, it can't be blocked or dodged but it's practical application as an offensive cc is very different compared to fossilize or old rune cage because you have to wait the animation to end and turn around before following up with ur burst.

Ita common sense really. There was an outrage with old rune cage. Undodgeable unblockable and dealt damage. Same with Streak with the added benefit that u don't have to sacrifice an ability to run it since it was already on ur bar. So logic says that that there should be an even bigger outrage with sorcs and their guaranteed burst with no counters with butcher Streak threads popping left right and center. And yet there isn't. Well that is because its practical application is not even close to old rune cage since the ability has restrictions built in the ability itself when u look at it from a cc perspective.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The argument is about the reliability of a cc and bringing turn evil into the discussion literally proves my point. Just because ability A and ability B are both undodgeable and unblockable it doesn't mean that their practical application is the same. Turn evil is not good because it costs a third of ur Stam and requires u to be on top of ur opponent which makes it unreliable even tho it can't be blocked and dodged. Same with Streak, it can't be blocked or dodged but it's practical application as an offensive cc is very different compared to fossilize or old rune cage because you have to wait the animation to end and turn around before following up with ur burst.

Ita common sense really. There was an outrage with old rune cage. Undodgeable unblockable and dealt damage. Same with Streak with the added benefit that u don't have to sacrifice an ability to run it since it was already on ur bar. So logic says that that there should be an even bigger outrage with sorcs and their guaranteed burst with no counters with butcher Streak threads popping left right and center. And yet there isn't. Well that is because its practical application is not even close to old rune cage since the ability has restrictions built in the ability itself when u look at it from a cc perspective.

Yes, and also because sorcs received ton of indirect nerfs (clench, soul assault, pirate skeleton and so on) and now sorc though still powerful but not most powerful class anymore. If ZOS instead of buffing underperforming abilities will just nerf jabs to the ground, next patch there will be new favorite "nerf item" and it might be Streak. So in our all interest is to convince ZOS to stop nerfing and instead provide viable means to counter play powerful combos.
    We definitely don't need more defense or protections, we need more multi-function abilities (like Streak) which will left some space on bars to slot more damaging abilities.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yes, and also because sorcs received ton of indirect nerfs (clench, soul assault, pirate skeleton and so on) and now sorc though still powerful but not most powerful class anymore. If ZOS instead of buffing underperforming abilities will just nerf jabs to the ground, next patch there will be new favorite "nerf item" and it might be Streak. So in our all interest is to convince ZOS to stop nerfing and instead provide viable means to counter play powerful combos.
    We definitely don't need more defense or protections, we need more multi-function abilities (like Streak) which will left some space on bars to slot more damaging abilities.

I don’t think jabs is an issue. I’m noticing more sorcs all the time not Templars.

I swear half the people in BGs these days are sorcs. If you look at the leaderboard I think half those names are sorcs too.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

I don’t think jabs is an issue. I’m noticing more sorcs all the time not Templars.

I swear half the people in BGs these days are sorcs. If you look at the leaderboard I think half those names are sorcs too.

Here is a table with comparison of stam spammables (which you probably already saw), I tried to make it as objective as possible. It's pretty clear that other classes then templar must have access to sustained dps of jabs. It may be more effective dots, better class spammables, access to damage buffs whatever... as for now jabs with 1.0 cast time channel, deal 1.7 times more damage then Warden's dizzy with 0.8 cast time (with minor berserk and 2 animal abilities slotted).. no amount of la weaving difference/class passives/roll-dodges/sidesteps will compensate for that.

1ngTZhe.jpg
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Remove the stun from the imp first plz. I don't care if the dmg remains the same.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Here is a table with comparison of stam spammables (which you probably already saw), I tried to make it as objective as possible. It's pretty clear that other classes then templar must have access to sustained dps of jabs. It may be more effective dots, better class spammables, access to damage buffs whatever... as for now jabs with 1.0 cast time channel, deal 1.7 times more damage then Warden's dizzy with 0.8 cast time (with minor berserk and 2 animal abilities slotted).. no amount of la weaving difference/class passives/roll-dodges/sidesteps will compensate for that.

1ngTZhe.jpg

No, I haven’t seen it before. Stop linking that, I play a templar!

Take a look at frags procs, it should be about the same. Besides, that includes passives, so other classes benefit in other ways like sustain. Nerf the passive and it’ll be a quick fix but risk being NB’ed where it’s a long road to fixing the resulting mess.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1ngTZhe.jpg

No, I haven’t seen it before. Stop linking that, I play a templar!

Take a look at frags procs, it should be about the same. Besides, that includes passives, so other classes benefit in other ways like sustain. Nerf the passive and it’ll be a quick fix but risk being NB’ed where it’s a long road to fixing the resulting mess.

Frag is proc, it's highly unlikely that you can land 3 frags in 4 seconds. And I stated multiple times, I am against jab nerf! It's just a lot of other abilities were harshly nerfed and jabs suddenly became relatively too powerful. Buff back ST dots, buff surprise attack, buff damned stamfist, remove cast time from incap/DBoS, buff dizzy a bit (10-15%), buff flame clench etc
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    it basically mass hysteria with 4 times bigger area + a flicker / blink dagger
    sure not op
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "No"
  • xAcrania
    xAcrania
    ✭✭
    Thats a l2p issue their chief.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    It's not the stun that's the problem, but the fact it's AoE and can't be blocked.

Exactly. There is literally no counter play to it.

Pre heal, pre shield and fast break free is counter to . It is very predictable at sorcs use it offenaively when they place their combos.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skill has worked fine for 6 years and now all of sudden needs to be nerfed. Yeah, ok.

Has it worked fine for 6 years though? Sorcerer has been the best class both PvE and PvP since the game was released.

Just seems kind of crazy that the class would have a wait till the enemy is on 20% HP execute, gap closer/escape tool, shields, crazy burst from easy proc crystal fragments, pets at their disposal, AoE immobilization.

It's not like Sorcerer would lose their ability to stun, they can spec into crystal blast or rune prison for a stun.

If only they make rune cage undodgeable again.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh joy ... another nerf Sorc thread.
    Skill has worked fine for 6 years and now all of sudden needs to be nerfed. Yeah, ok.

If a Templar main says a Sorc skill is fine then I don’t know what to tell you, OP.

Mains are just what people started with, leveled the most, does all the crafting, probably loves his Sorcerer being OP, probably loves entering battlegrounds and going god-mode.

Sorcerer god mode only exist in low MMR BGs, you rarely see "god mode" sorc in higher mmr BG that words goes for stam wardens. Low MMR BGs don't matter as much, because if you play enough BG you will be promoted to higher MMR BGs where mag sorc is almost utterly useless.
This discussion has been closed.