Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How can this be fun?

ArchMikem
ArchMikem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
leyoa83.png

Title is sarcasm. It isn't fun. It's never fun. Bashing your head against tea bagging walls isn't fun. Standing around the gate cause you can't make a difference by yourself and those who are online won't do anything either, isn't fun. What's the point behind the Alliance War anymore? AP? 10k gold at the end of the month?
CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This must not be the Kaal camp on PC/NA..
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is how Vivec EU PC campaign used to look like back in the day, before alliance lock... every morning... :#
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaalgrontiid EU PC still looks that way in the morning, but after faction lock its more balanced, EP often dominates late night and DC during the day. Presently there is a hard fight for first place between EP and DC.
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been on both ends of maps like this. The dominate side and the side being dominated. Neither is fun.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Either non-peak hour or less popular campaign. I haven't played Cyrodiil in about 8 months but just looking at the population bars for those on EU-PC there seem to be less people lately since rarely do I see locks.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delphinia wrote: »
    This must not be the Kaal camp on PC/NA..

It's not the Kaal on Xbox NA either. I've mained myself on Laat cause it's the less laggy Campaign, and the original reason why I changed over cause there was some serious cross faction collaboration going on in what Kaal used to be a couple years ago. It's still prevalent today too so I'm in no hurry to go back, even if Laat is usually empty. There's enough online during primetime where we can have some actual pushes and good fights. But coming onto a one faction dominated map is too common and trying to retake your home keeps ends up being futile cause the dominant faction's players are usually the leaderboard's top ten farming your keeps.

Not to mention AD seems to favor farming reds over blues. A lot of the time they leave the DC alone and focus us. They even stand outside Farragut's front door just waiting for us to come back.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thread is misleading because:
    looking at the timestamp of thread start indicates it was pictured and created after all the alliances went to bed.
    after hours, one alliance allways takes the entire map. and it is allways AD that does this.
    same thing every night for the past 5 + years
    they call it "night capping"
    when the other 2 alliances logg in during the morning hours and throughout the rest of the day the map is normal fighting.
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Daggerfall Covenant pvdoor night caps would like to disagree
    Also Ebonheart Pact pvdoor dawn caps would like to disagree
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cirantille wrote: »
    Daggerfall Covenant pvdoor night caps would like to disagree
    Also Ebonheart Pact pvdoor dawn caps would like to disagree

And AD has decided to solve their pop problem by rerolling DC. :D
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Playing Laat on Xbox definitely has it's problems, like this picture. During prime time it's competitive, but even then you might end up with 2 bars of AD versus just a few groups of DC and EP.
    Even with the massive amount of AD, they are usually pushed into one Emp keep within the first hour of having something other than adds to fight.
    I can't really fault them for it though, I'm sure they're in Laat for the same reason all of us are, Kaal is a nightmare in prime time.
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every single night on PC EU noCP. DC doesn't log in until midnight, and they're at 3 bars to zerg entire map down.
    P70G5zp.jpg
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThePedge wrote: »
    Every single night on PC EU noCP. DC doesn't log in until midnight, and they're at 3 bars to zerg entire map down.
    P70G5zp.jpg

I see even over the pond on PC yellow likes to ride across the entire map and take Bruma. :p
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    P70G5zp.jpg

I see even over the pond on PC yellow likes to ride across the entire map and take Bruma. :p

There's some strange things going on, they do the same on Xbox when there's literally nothing else yellow on the map. I find it extremely hard to believe a group rides halfway across the map just to capture Bruma. Repeatedly.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    P70G5zp.jpg

There's some strange things going on, they do the same on Xbox when there's literally nothing else yellow on the map. I find it extremely hard to believe a group rides halfway across the map just to capture Bruma. Repeatedly.

My analysis, it gives them a local spawn point allowing them to harass the northern keeps, mainly the red ones in my campaign... Theyve also started bypassing Crops and Drakelow to take Harluns. Then from there they go north to harass Farragut and Arrius, usually doing resource farming cause they know hapless reds will come by. If you down them at Farragut, they just get up at Harluns and ride back in minutes. If you try to take Harluns from them while theyre at Farragut they just ride back and wreck you.
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's also REALLY easy ap gain thanks to high capture ticks.

Le sigh :(
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    P70G5zp.jpg

And we still won =D
  • Salix_alba
    Salix_alba
    ✭✭✭✭
    this is more of a time of day problem half the day its yellow the other half its blue for a few minutes at random on some days its red but that's rare B) I guess it might be more so in other campaigns but again I dont know they keep ending those ones cause no one is on them.
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    Playing Laat on Xbox definitely has it's problems, like this picture. During prime time it's competitive, but even then you might end up with 2 bars of AD versus just a few groups of DC and EP.
    Even with the massive amount of AD, they are usually pushed into one Emp keep within the first hour of having something other than adds to fight.
    I can't really fault them for it though, I'm sure they're in Laat for the same reason all of us are, Kaal is a nightmare in prime time.

What game have you played. For the last 4 campaigns on Xbox NA, DC has dominated after hours. AD and EP zero to one bar vs 2 or 3 bars for DC.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    P70G5zp.jpg

My analysis, it gives them a local spawn point allowing them to harass the northern keeps, mainly the red ones in my campaign... Theyve also started bypassing Crops and Drakelow to take Harluns. Then from there they go north to harass Farragut and Arrius, usually doing resource farming cause they know hapless reds will come by. If you down them at Farragut, they just get up at Harluns and ride back in minutes. If you try to take Harluns from them while theyre at Farragut they just ride back and wreck you.

A fair strategy, except when you don't even own your home keeps.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    P70G5zp.jpg

That image isnt my campaign or server. In xbox NA Laat the map is usually divided evenly between blue and yellow. They always focus us and its always an uphill battle to just hold Farr, Kings, and Arrius.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    P70G5zp.jpg

People employing this strategy are not really playing for keeps.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    P70G5zp.jpg

Still, they haven't taken one soft target on the way up there? Very strange.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    P70G5zp.jpg

Their target is a steady stream of meat for the grinder. And this strategy works wonders for that.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    P70G5zp.jpg

Their target is a steady stream of meat for the grinder. And this strategy works wonders for that.

Until the meat eventually comes in thick enough to finally break their grinder. Unfortunately they just return with another one a few minutes later...
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    P70G5zp.jpg

Until the meat eventually comes in thick enough to finally break their grinder. Unfortunately they just return with another one a few minutes later...

That’s pretty much how small scale works. It’s rarely about taking keeps unless that keep, town or outpost generates action. Taking Bruma is a good way to get fights from ep and dc.
    Edited by BaiterOfZergs on December 17, 2019 5:07AM
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abyssmol wrote: »
    Sandman929 wrote: »

What game have you played. For the last 4 campaigns on Xbox NA, DC has dominated after hours. AD and EP zero to one bar vs 2 or 3 bars for DC.

I only know what I see when I go into Laat, usually at prime time. It's rare to see a map that isn't one solid color (usually AD) with an Emp that was crowned mid morning/afternoon.
    And there have been many nights where it seems like there are 2 bars of AD all rolling together against any group that tries to take anything back.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last night in Laat, DC had Emp when our group logged on. Within the first 20 minutes of our run DC had all the scrolls and the whole map just like the OPs picture except it was blue.
    Our group had 2 good fights and then we were bored and decided to end the night early.
    That's just the risk in Laat, I don't blame anyone for being there even if they're on the lopsided winning team, we simply don't have an option because Kaal performs terribly.
    So most nights, you're either crushed by numbers in a lopsided campaign or bored to tears being on the lopsided dominant side.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I still want to see Imperial NPC uprisings at a given faction's keeps if that faction has, say, 10 or more keeps (so home keeps + emp keeps). Having a keep turn grey when a faction controls so much of the map would give the controlling faction something to do and take the pressure off the non-controlling factions.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    P70G5zp.jpg

On a map like that? Bruma's a waste of riding time. Carmala's the place to do that. Nice easy ride for your targets from Brindle, and you don't have to travel 20 minutes to get there.

• Curious_Death
    Curious_Death
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    leyoa83.png

Title is sarcasm. It isn't fun. It's never fun. Bashing your head against tea bagging walls isn't fun. Standing around the gate cause you can't make a difference by yourself and those who are online won't do anything either, isn't fun. What's the point behind the Alliance War anymore? AP? 10k gold at the end of the month?

as i posted already :blush:

eZe0vVW.png

Always Dumb log in 4-5 AM when on EU no1 play ... so they Player Vs Door and take everything to win in score... coz from morning to afternoon there is no enough players...