The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

My proposal to the werewolf transformation’s time limit and damage.

Katrk
Katrk
✭✭✭
After spending many days and late nights analyzing past elder scrolls game I think I have found solutions to our forms to limit . What I’m proposing has been previous games in the past. Currently the biggest problem the transformation has is it cost too much, the time limit and keeping it sustained is not perfect, and the damage of the form is at an all time low. My proposal is quite simple, the developers revamp the corpse mechanic to function like this. For every five courses consumed it increases the time limit by three minutes. This can be stacked up to a total of 30 minutes in game time. With all signs pointing to a vampire expansion pack coming in summer 2020 I believe while they’re at the need to balance the form in tandem with whatever is coming with the expansion.

For damage I propose another feature for the corpse mechanic. When you have consumed five corpses not only do you gain increased time but you also gain increase damage. This can be stacked up to a total of damage of 10% . If you were in a group with other werewolves you can combine this damage as a group and stack it. For the healing move, this would be converted into a stamina ability and it would act much like a Vigor. It would heal you, and any other werewolves close to you for the total amount of healing you can put out.

For the ultimate. There is no doubt this is by far the most expensive ultimate to use in the entire game. I propose that the developers cut the cost of the form by 20%. This would enable player to have an easier time getting into the form, and give players who use the salvation set to get an increased reduction. This is all currently that I have thought up for the werewolf sub class balance wise. If you have any other suggestions that I did not include or want to be let known feel free to post down in the comments on what you think would help werewolves in general.

Thank you, and have a great rest of your night.

• Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    3 minutes per body on a MMO? No way...

45 secs is more than enough per corpse..

WW needs to improve, that's for sure, but you don't have to improve it at the point that being a WW is a much better option than Vamp or any non transformation build.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Kilcosu
    Kilcosu
    ✭✭✭
    literally all of the werewolf class feedback thread specifically designed to give opinions (such as these) is filled with many, many changes that could be implemented to help werewolf performance. instead what we got was put on ignore and a absolutely ridicules rationale of 25% iNcReAsE cOsT fOR 25% InCrEaSe DaMaGe! (balanced)

hircine thanks you for the continued effort though. let's not give up
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbh. Getting into WW form and staying transformed is not a problem.
    It is the total lack of reason to do so, that is the problem.

WW brings nothing unique to the table. You are locked with a preset of expensive inefficient skills, no ultimate and without weapon passives. And you only have pretty much one Ulti morph option (the other was killed by ZOS).

All you can do is basically spam light attacks (and maybe once per 10 -30 seconds use a skill).
    And, did I mentioned if you don't have Blood Moon set (pay-wall DLC) you are not competitive ? Omg, what am I saying, even if you have best gear for WW, build, class & race combo, you are still significantly behind non-ww in every possible type of game content:
    PvE DPS & in PvP (other roles such us healer & tank are not even available for WW. It is a shame tbh).

In short: WW in its current state is good only pretty much for RP and maybe overland questing. It needs some serious buffs/changes & adjustments. It is simply not worth using it.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on December 9, 2019 5:34PM
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is the total lack of reason to do so, that is the problem.

WW brings nothing unique to the table. You are locked with a preset of expensive inefficient skills, no ultimate and without weapon passives. And you only have pretty much one Ulti morph option (the other was killed by ZOS).

All you can do is basically spam light attacks (and maybe once per 10 -30 seconds use a skill).
    And, did I mentioned if you don't have Blood Moon set (pay-wall DLC) you are not competitive ? Omg, what am I saying, even if you have best gear for WW, build, class & race combo, you are still significantly behind non-ww in every possible type of game content:
    PvE DPS & in PvP (other roles such us healer & tank are not even available for WW. It is a shame tbh).

In short: WW in its current state is good only pretty much for RP and maybe overland questing. It needs some serious buffs/changes & adjustments. It is simply not worth using it.

Maybe if ZoS buff penetration in WW form at the cost of armor it would be an interesting idea... For example, if you have 20k armor, when you become a WW, 10 of those 20K are converted into pen, so you end up with 20K armor anyway but with extra 10K pen.

Of course, the max penetration a WW could get is 16.5 K when running a max armor build (33K), but in that case you will trade 6.5k armor for that extra pen.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is the total lack of reason to do so, that is the problem. ... In short: WW in its current state is good only pretty much for RP and maybe overland questing. It needs some serious buffs/changes & adjustments. It is simply not worth using it.

^This.

@OP I read through your post, and it's clear you've spent time thinking about it. Unfortunately, ZOS doesn't care - player's opinions on WW, combat in general, racial passives, you name it, they don't care.

They do seem to care about usage statistics they pull from the game as well as sales numbers.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If werewolf is going to be viable again ZOS needs to revert the changes they´ve made from Scalebreaker and forward. Elsweyr was the last patch werewolf was any viable in any context whatsoever. Keeping up the ww-time is a non existing issue outside of the few occasions where you might want to read an in-game conversation while in ww-form.

• Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kilcosu wrote: »
    literally all of the werewolf class feedback thread specifically designed to give opinions (such as these) is filled with many, many changes that could be implemented to help werewolf performance. instead what we got was put on ignore and a absolutely ridicules rationale of 25% iNcReAsE cOsT fOR 25% InCrEaSe DaMaGe! (balanced)

You would prefer unbalanced?
  • CynicK
    CynicK
    ✭✭✭
    Most of the time after buying the passives that extend the time you can be in werewolf form when attacking I can stay in werewolf form for a full battleground just consuming a corpose from time to time so I see no problem there, it is rare the time i need a second transformation during a battleground and in pve there are just a plenty of mobs corposes.
    And the damage, in battlegrounds I can kill almost everyone on a 1 on 1 the thing is that to keep my transformation for the full battleground sometimes I have to go against a full group of 4 and then they kill me, but you know it was op before than a werewolf could terrorize two teams by himself i find it fair that 2 or 3 players can kill me, and many times if you go for the weak player first you can end up winning, so in my opinion it is an ultimate but it should not be the i win button for example yesterday or past yesterday I fought against a goliath and I ended up winning, that transformation is supposed to be very strong too.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kilcosu wrote: »

You would prefer unbalanced?

I would prefer competitive, which werewolfs haven't been since the nerfs in scalebreaker. And using low mmr BG's isn't a viable reference for how good/balanced something is.
    CynicK wrote: »
    Most of the time after buying the passives that extend the time you can be in werewolf form when attacking I can stay in werewolf form for a full battleground just consuming a corpose from time to time so I see no problem there, it is rare the time i need a second transformation during a battleground and in pve there are just a plenty of mobs corposes.
    And the damage, in battlegrounds I can kill almost everyone on a 1 on 1 the thing is that to keep my transformation for the full battleground sometimes I have to go against a full group of 4 and then they kill me, but you know it was op before than a werewolf could terrorize two teams by himself i find it fair that 2 or 3 players can kill me, and many times if you go for the weak player first you can end up winning, so in my opinion it is an ultimate but it should not be the i win button for example yesterday or past yesterday I fought against a goliath and I ended up winning, that transformation is supposed to be very strong too.

Thing is, the "one man army" werewolf has never been a thing against competent players, especially not in high MMR BG´s. In sub 50 and low MMR BG´s it´s still possible to accomplish such feature, but as said before, you cant balance stuff depending on how they work against incompetent players (and duels for that matter)

Werewolf needs some severe buffs to become viable again. However, permawolf as suggested by this thread isn´t the way to do it.
  • CynicK
    CynicK
    ✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

Thing is, the "one man army" werewolf has never been a thing against competent players, especially not in high MMR BG´s. In sub 50 and low MMR BG´s it´s still possible to accomplish such feature, but as said before, you cant balance stuff depending on how they work against incompetent players (and duels for that matter)

Werewolf needs some severe buffs to become viable again. However, permawolf as suggested by this thread isn´t the way to do it.

It is true it is still sub 50 and i have much more magicka that i will have later on but you will be surprized how many battleground abusers with bought skill lines play deathmatches, there is almost no deathmatch without someone maditating of throwing meteor, things have changed in sub 50, it is true i do little damage but i still lack pasives.

It is a werewolf build for pvp i want to try when i get to level 50 i have the sets already and if it does not work he can do other rols, maybe when i get to lvl 50 i will totally agree with you and say werewolf needs a buff, I have 2 other werewolf characters at lvl 50 and I have never used werewolf transformation in pvp with them because I know I would miserably die just from seeing the other people that transform.