The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New Xbox Series X console next year! 60FPS PLS

SRTtoZ
SRTtoZ
✭✭✭
Please Zenmiax update the game next year to give us 4k/ultra/60+fps. I've been playing this game on X and its great looking but the framerate is the worst part. Don't half ass it please.
  • eovogtb16_ESO
    eovogtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not their problem that the consoles are underpowered. You pay for what you get. If anything it's the PC players who suffer all the time because developers have to cater their games to consoles that don't have the resources to play games as they were intended to be.
    Edited by eovogtb16_ESO on December 13, 2019 5:16AM
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Probably not until the ditch the support for one

I cant say how the will do it but what both dcuo and ff14 di at the transition from ps3 to ps4 was that the new console were on the same server as the previous one(that way you can upgrade without starting over) since your data was linked to your psn id not the console and about 2-3 years in ps4 life cycle they cutted off the support for ps3(for a ff14 it was with the release of stormblood 2 yeas ago) and only then the game saw major upgrade from their ps3 era
  • SRTtoZ
    SRTtoZ
    ✭✭✭
    It's not their problem that the consoles are underpowered. You pay for what you get. If anything it's the PC players who suffer all the time because developers have to cater their games to consoles that don't have the resources to play games as they were intended to be.

First off the game always ran like crap even before the consoles were considered. Its an engine issue for sure (like SWTOR). Second, the X that comes out next year will be light years faster than the X that's out now, and the X that's out now is most likely more powerful than *MOST* peoples PC's who play ESO on PC.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

agreed.
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SRTtoZ wrote: »
    Please Zenmiax update the game next year to give us 4k/ultra/60+fps. I've been playing this game on X and its great looking but the framerate is the worst part. Don't half ass it please.

I don't think it will be a major problem, if the effort is there. The hardware next gen looks to be fairly powerful and the game is already scalable, as most are these days. It's not as though all "pc's" are the same, yet the game runs reasonably well on a wide range of modest hardware already.
    forever stuck in combat
  • SRTtoZ
    SRTtoZ
    ✭✭✭
    Ohtimbar wrote: »
    SRTtoZ wrote: »

I don't think it will be a major problem, if the effort is there. The hardware next gen looks to be fairly powerful and the game is already scalable, as most are these days. It's not as though all "pc's" are the same, yet the game runs reasonably well on a wide range of modest hardware already.

What I'm saying is I hope all the effort goes into load times and better framerates. Dont go do something stupid like 8k resolution at sub 30 FPS. 4k is good enough, give us that, max settings, minimal load times and a silky smooth locked 60fps. I'd spend big money on loot boxes if you did that.