The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Best race for PVP StamDK?

Grianasteri
Grianasteri
✭✭✭✭✭
Currently I have a Magplar and a Stamblade that I use for pvp, so am looking to add a tankier option, therefore DK for pvp is my next project.

There seems to be some debate as to which race one should use as optimal so I thought I would pop up a wee poll to see what the community think, and why. Please feel free to comment with your reasoning, much appreciated.

I understand of course it can depend on ones build and how one wishes to play, so were talking generally what is the best race all things considered. It will be used for Cyrodiil mainly (CP and non CP), but also for Battlegrounds on occasion. From what I can tell Nord for ulti regen and resistances, Orc for speed and damage... I am leaning towards Nord, with gear sets that add damage potential...

Anyhoo, thanks for taking part :)

Best race for PVP StamDK? 56 votes

Nord
62%
ShaloknirKnowledgeStrider__RoshinGERMANO-THE-IMPERIALusmcjdkingSomewhereWreckfulAbandonAverageJo3Gam3rFreakin_HyttesusmitdsAsardesTragedyOATolinoValknergepe87El_BorrachoFarscape76Ragnarock41joseayalaccolossalvoids 35 votes
Orc
23%
XvorgElembeebeeZer0_CooLBananaValykcTommy_The_Gungrannas211oXI_Viper_IXoKingslayer513And0ssuspramathyusthecoffeeguyehgz 13 votes
Imperial
5%
Toc de Malsvilucky_SageAriades_swe 3 votes
Redguard
1%
ssewallb14_ESO 1 vote
Khajit
0%
Dunmer
3%
Vanos444notvenousdrake 2 votes
Argonian
3%
Bowserrabidmyers 2 votes
Breton
0%
Altmer
0%
Bosmer
0%
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Orc
    Orc

1- 2k stam is a lot
    2- Healing on dmg done with weapons is always good, on a class that lacks class spammable (unless you want to throw rocks)
    3- extra wpn dmg is useful for sustain sets and 10% extra movement speed on a class that struggless with mobility (is not that bad, but is not the best) is always nice.

Nord

1- Ulti generation is great on a DK, although if you get more ulti than the necessary you will be wasting ulti. 1500 stam is a good amount
    2- Max health in 1k is good but without reliable healings could be a waste. Chilled is OK, though there are not so much frost dmg in PvP
    3- Extra resistance on a class that has a lot resistance per se could be overkill.

I say Orc this time. Nord is more for a PvE Tank.

Another decent option could be Redguard but you coud be pigeoholed into doing direct dmg.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • notvenousdrake
    notvenousdrake
    ✭✭✭
    Dunmer
    All about that dark elf dk the hottest dk’s on the game 🥵
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nord
    Nord. My first character was a Nord Stamina DK since I created him, almost 5 years ago, during a free to play week-end, before I actually bought the game. I played him in PvP even before the racial passive chance and enjoyed it quite a lot. The 6% damage reduction allowed me to play 5M2H armor and basically have the same mitigation as 5H2M. More recently they buffed the medium armor and racial passives - more stamina, about the same mitigation (but implemented differently), ultimate generation (which is quite good for both sustain and damage on DK) - so the advantage is even higher. I reckon you can play Nord even on magicka DK and it will be quite good, although mine is a Dark Elf so I don't need to switch attributes on the Nord to play that combo.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Kingslayer513
    Kingslayer513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orc
    If it were any other class I'd say orc is a no brainer. Nord does synergize really well with DK though.

In the end I'd say go orc for general purpose, or go nord for more of a tanky survivability build.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    :D

Anyone at ZOS keeping track?

:D
  • Vanos444
    Vanos444
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunmer
    Yea, I knew it would be a Nord......

If only, I could make the female nords look like Skyrim with mods
    Edited by Vanos444 on December 13, 2019 6:05AM
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nord
    1.Nord
    2. Orc
    3. Anything else
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    depends on your build. if you don't have stam issues as nord, then there is no reason to switch to something like redguard. if you're redguard and your stam bar is always half full, switch to nord.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nord
    Nord all the way. Go 5m-2H or 5m-1H-1L and enjoy tankiness in medium, resulting in having more stats then any other race can compete with.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nord
    FYI, I went with a Nord!
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial
    Imperial is such a underrated race good stats and 3% cost reduction to everything plus 333 all resources every 5 seconds.
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian
    i mean, obv it's the master race
    at a place nobody knows