The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Power Surge

• Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously I want the ZOS team to weigh in here and give us a damn good reason why you nerfed this skill?
    It is literally one of the CORE critical skills for MagSorcs for healing during combat. Not to mention you already nerfed our shields.

This is INEXCUSEABLE. Prove to us why you nerfed this skill and what skill we should use in place of this and drop in our 5 *** limited skill bar and not drop our current DPS which you ALSO *** nerfed before?

I swear. At this rate who the *** would play this nerfmire game?

Both morphs should be giving Major Sorcery. One would be for healers and the other for DDs and PvP. And eveyone would be happy.

that, or it should've simply been left alone as it was.

revolutionary concept, i know.
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I tried using Frags. Didn't like it one bit for a PvE build.
    In PvP it's a great thing, but IMO in PvE the proc just isn't reliable enough for a consistent, repeatable rotation.
    Now that you mention it, I should probably revisit it at some point, it's been a long time since then.

BTW, Frags isn't an AoE - and the (arguably) most popular HA build for a Sorc is an AoE build. So there's also that.

As for Power Surge, in its current state it's way too niche in terms of its usability.
    It's a decent skill for Sorc healers, but it's basically worthless for non-healers. And Sorcs still don't have any class HoT to proc Power Surge with anyway.
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm with you. thats also the reason for me, to not run any content any more with my magsorc. unfortunately its also my main with 34k achievement point, so i wont change this.
    i'm also sick and bored of changing so much every patch any more, so i stopped this some patches ago, and just dont do vet dungeons or trials.
    i'm still thinking of quitting the game thats why, because if it makes no fun to play any more its maybe time to move on. Just housing is not the solution. chasing meta is no fun and playing like i want is also no fun any more.

and i dont understand, this skill is not an option for every top player, not in pve and not in pvp,
    in pve they get the benefits from pots and the healing from healers, and the op-sorcs in cyro will still be op and all casual sorcs suck even more than they already did or dont care. Noone complained, it was not out of line.

so they destroyed the selfheal of the casuals, beginners and solo-player.
    WHY?????

the skill of mage guild is much weaker and also looks sh*t, no option.

also the morphs now make no sense, it like they wanted to spilt up 2x2:

1 morph for stamina (increases weapon power)
    1 morph for magica (increases spell power)

1 morph for healer (heal allys as well)
    1 morpg for dd (heals yourself)

and then mixed these for 4 morphs into just 2 randomly
  • thadjarvis
    thadjarvis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know/test if Power Surge heals (not just the cast) proc Mending (Healing Mage) debuff?
  • DR4GONFL1
    DR4GONFL1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been playing a Magsorc since day one but have several characters now. But my favorite character is still my Magsorc and its just kind of sucked the fun out of the game personally for me.

This nerf just killed the Magsorc for a really high percentage of its core.

12 player teams are now 60-70% Stam most groups won't run with a Mag at all.

Guild has lost many casual and mid-tier players who were a large part and made playing fun.

Forget battlegrounds now. Your literally jumped on, stunted and killed without getting up... repeat repeat repeat and if you do manage to avoid this you can't do any real damage to anyone anymore.

• Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    outdated topics should really have an "expired" tag given by the community, so when someone posts he would get a notice that he's about to post in an outdated topic and they need to confirm.
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • thadjarvis
    thadjarvis
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Sergykid plead naivete
    I assumed it would better to add the small question generally titled skill post rather than clutter up with more threads. I see now that I may have made incorrect call as I'm having a hard time figuring out what the response above yours has to do with the Power Surge skill. Oh well, maybe discord or self-test are more effective for mechanic related information.
  • Curious_Death
    Curious_Death
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe bumping to calm down all magsorc haters :D