Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Stadia needs its own server

• Lady_Linux
    Lady_Linux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm shocked people are actually buying the Stadia. I did my research and it appears to....bad...for lack of a better term.
    I'm shocked people are actually buying the Stadia. I did my research and it appears to....bad...for lack of a better term.

But for the cost of a chrome cast ultimate and a great controller you can have stadia free for 3 months, after which you still have a chromcast ultimate and a great controller to do something else with. :)
    I simply must protest. There are no Penguin avatars for me to use in the forums.

BTW, I use arch too
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There is a 99.999% chance that I will never use Stadia but one neat thing that nobody has mentioned is you never have to download the game/updates. Saving you plenty of hard drive space.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Dread_Viking
    Dread_Viking
    ✭✭✭✭
    After having Stadia for nearly a month now, it's not fair for players on there to be on the same servers as PC players, or any existing server really. The service hasn't improved much at all since it launched. The way other multiplayer games act on there, you could easily mistake them for very faulty programmed bots as the connection and controls give out or over-compensate your actions at random. Playing Destiny 2 for example I find myself stopping mid fight, running aimlessly into walls, over shooting, or just spinning in place for 10 seconds before regaining control. Mind you my connection is 1000 Mbps up/down wired connected to the Chromecast Ultra and 600 Mbps wifi for the controller.

so do you feel like you wasted your money yet
    Don't worry girl I'm a Sorcerer, i got my Hardened Ward for protection
  • Lady_Linux
    Lady_Linux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After having Stadia for nearly a month now, it's not fair for players on there to be on the same servers as PC players, or any existing server really. The service hasn't improved much at all since it launched. The way other multiplayer games act on there, you could easily mistake them for very faulty programmed bots as the connection and controls give out or over-compensate your actions at random. Playing Destiny 2 for example I find myself stopping mid fight, running aimlessly into walls, over shooting, or just spinning in place for 10 seconds before regaining control. Mind you my connection is 1000 Mbps up/down wired connected to the Chromecast Ultra and 600 Mbps wifi for the controller.

so do you feel like you wasted your money yet

sounds like classic overcompensation! no wonder the controller isnt working as intended! Just kidding.
    I simply must protest. There are no Penguin avatars for me to use in the forums.

BTW, I use arch too
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was excited for stadia. This has been a great read thank you.

Some of the Review videos I’ve seen( or all of them really) have not been very favorable to it. Heck, starting from just the simple getting it to work like it’s supposed to.
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woeler wrote: »
    People still believe this thing will take off?

Google will kill it off like the rest of their experiments.
  • LinearParadox
    LinearParadox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, what we "need" is for Stadia to die the miserable death it deserves for trying to bring such a asinine, crack-pot idea to market and expecting people to pay for abysmal service, that countless people predicted and was stubbornly pushed anyway.

Stadia is trash, will always be trash, and the last thing this game needs is any of it's budget thrown down a bottomless hole to cater to the few gullible saps that believed Stadia was anything other than the utter garbage they were warned it would be.
    Edited by LinearParadox on December 14, 2019 10:36PM
    twitch.tv/linearparadox
    Benthar the Unkillable - lvl 50 StamDK - AD
    High Confessor Celosia - lvl 50 MagDK, AD
    Aeolyndra Sunstrider - lvl 50 Magplar Support God, AD
    Maldreth Angala - lvl 50 Magicka PetSorc, AD
    Veldrosa Wyldwind - lvl 50 StamSorc, AD
    M. Night Shatupon - lvl 50 MagBlade, AD
    Vestonia Ironhardt - lvl 50 Warden GuardTank, AD
    Bone Daddy - lvl 50 Stamcro, AD
    Abra Kedaver - lvl 50 Magcro, AD
    CP 1100+