The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Necromancer skills problem.

Lirkin
Lirkin
✭✭✭✭
I used my skills in the country side and all of a sudden I was disreputable. What is with that? I sort of understand that they can make you disreputable if used in town but this sucks.

I also don't see that there is enough of an advantage to the skills that making them a problem with using them in town. There is a disadvantage to then but what is the advantage? Where is the balance?
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you have witnesses? Cows? Chicken?
    The Moot Councillor
  • ProfessorKittyhawk
    ProfessorKittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed certain npc's that accompany you on quests can be picky about what you do, like taking stuff out of a thieves trove or using necro skills. But then other companion npc's don't seem bothered by any of that in the slightest. Could be there was an npc around that witnessed what you did either at a camp or a passing merchant.
  • Lirkin
    Lirkin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Didn't see any NPC but maybe. But is was not in the town.
  • Imza
    Imza
    ✭✭✭✭
    mudcrabs are notorious for breaking sneak - and exceptional tell-tales
  • MongooseOne
    MongooseOne
    ✭✭✭
    What does disreputable mean?

I let my 6 year old grandson play while I fixed dinner and came back to that announcement on the screen.
  • Ardaghion
    Ardaghion
    ✭✭✭
    Lirkin wrote: »
    I used my skills in the country side and all of a sudden I was disreputable. What is with that? I sort of understand that they can make you disreputable if used in town but this sucks.

I also don't see that there is enough of an advantage to the skills that making them a problem with using them in town. There is a disadvantage to then but what is the advantage? Where is the balance?

I was trying out BlastBones and Frozen Colossus just outside the Daggerfall Harborage killing a few wolves and I didn't get a bounty. But then I doubt there are any witnesses nearby to cause a bounty.

I did attack a guard in Rawl'ka over and over while hiding in the stable and got a pretty hefty bounty, he couldn't find me while I was hiding.

In your case, I wonder if there might have been a passing merchant close enough to witness the criminal act? Where were you besides the description of "in the country side"?

I only put non-criminal skills on my front bar and switch to the back bar for the skills that are labelled criminal. That's just a general rule and it would depend on what content I'm planning on playing.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I always thought this wrinkle with necromancers was funny. You are so famous from completing certain quests the NPCs immediately recognize you when you roll into town. But they did not know that I defeated the Worm Cult using Blastbones, the Skeletal Archer, and the Colossus?
  • ProfessorKittyhawk
    ProfessorKittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always thought this wrinkle with necromancers was funny. You are so famous from completing certain quests the NPCs immediately recognize you when you roll into town. But they did not know that I defeated the Worm Cult using Blastbones, the Skeletal Archer, and the Colossus?

Oh yeah, the random occurrences in Elsweyr where an npc is being attacked by a monster where you can save them got me. Saved a Khajiit being attacked by one of those terror birds and summoned a skeletal warrior or blast bones or whatever, and the lady khajiit I had just saved from a killer bird freaks out and gets me a bounty. 🙃
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

By defeated with blastbones, do you mean "conjured blastbones and it stood there pondering the meaningless of unlife before collapsing in a sad heap of failed pathing"?
  • Vanos444
    Vanos444
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a bug. The class was a failure from the start...
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanos444 wrote: »
    It's a bug. The class was a failure from the start...

The class isnt a failure, certain skills are sometimes, such as Blastbones. The pathing is the issue and it should never have been a ground based attack, it should have been a spectral air born attack, therefore drastically reducing pathing issues.
  • Van_Winkle
    Van_Winkle
    ✭✭✭✭
    This "criminal" skills was a bad idea from very beginning.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »

By defeated with blastbones, do you mean "conjured blastbones and it stood there pondering the meaningless of unlife before collapsing in a sad heap of failed pathing"?

Come on now. He killed that rat that was standing next to the boss
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Van_Winkle wrote: »

I disagree. I think it's a great idea. But then, my necromancer is not afraid of a little bounty.

They should do the same with WW and vamp skills.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Van_Winkle
    Van_Winkle
    ✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    Van_Winkle wrote: »

I disagree. I think it's a great idea. But then, my necromancer is not afraid of a little bounty.

They should do the same with WW and vamp skills.

Go play Skyrim and enjoy this bounty things. Implement such unneeded and useless mechanics in online games is a total nonsense. Especially, when this mmo already have a LOT of problems even without this pseudo-rp.