Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Introducing the Frost Atronach Crown Crate"

• Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [
    [*] Skin: Deadlands Brand
    [*] Skin: Maormer Fish
    [*] Skin: Opalescent Epidermis

TAKE MY MONEY.
  • rook3162005
    rook3162005
    ✭✭✭
    Another new crown crate with no new Daedric Prince statue in it. And only one new furnishing. This is shameful for those of us that look forward to these things for new decorations. We haven't has a new prince statue in a long time.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another new crown crate with no new Daedric Prince statue in it. And only one new furnishing. This is shameful for those of us that look forward to these things for new decorations. We haven't has a new prince statue in a long time.

2 Furnishings. The Book Tower and the Frost Atronach Dummy.
  • Faunter
    Faunter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Opalescent Epidermis would be awesome if it didn't have the patchy sandy garbage on it. Why ruin an otherwise great skin?
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    THE MAORMER FISH SKIN!!!
    *gargles*
    *passes out*
    Edited by Ye_Olde_Crowe on December 11, 2019 5:27AM
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oof, there's a lot of great looking stuff here.

I love the Frost Atronach mounts, and I normally am pretty indifferent to mounts. The wolf, horse, senche, and bear all look great. Nuts, that's a lot.

And skins - I'm a sucker for skins too.

And I've been going nuts because I'm at a point in my story where my main needs a Dunmer outfit. I was hoping to get my hands on Arvel's Ashland, but this'll work. Pity I just bought a costume since I didn't think I'd get something more apporpriate for him...

Man I hope there's a crown sale coming up soon, because I may have to go crazy with these.
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faunter wrote: »

ESN has full pictures on click, not just cards ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • 16BitForestCat
    16BitForestCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be ALL over that Opalescent skin, even over the Maormer skin I've been dying for FOREVER, if only it didn't have those ugly patches that look like you've been rolling in damp clumping cat litter. I don't understand why so many ESO cosmetic items start with a terrific idea and then consciously decide to make it look less terrific. Even if it's a thing that looks one way on the NPC's you kill, that doesn't mean it has to look the same way on our own characters that we tend to stare at for much longer.

"Hey, let's do an awesome iridescent skin that makes you look like a living jewel! And you know what would be even MORE awesome? SLAPPING RANDOM PATCHES OF CAT LITTER ON IT TO OBSCURE THE EFFECT!"

If you ever do an option for cat litter-free Opalescent, call me; I'll be first in line to buy.

All that said, I may actually be spending some gems on other things in crown crates this time around! I don't think I've gotten a thing since some of the Elsweyr-themed emotes a while back.
    Edited by 16BitForestCat on December 11, 2019 8:01AM
    PC/NA. Alliance agnostic: all factions suck and should go touch grass together.
    If you ever wonder why certain official fandom spaces are so often toxic, remember: corruption starts from the top.
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fish Skin! Fawn Pet! Black Cat!
    Finally something to spend my gems on!
  • Faunter
    Faunter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TiaFrye wrote: »
    Faunter wrote: »

ESN has full pictures on click, not just cards ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hmm, very interesting...
    *takes notes*
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skin: Maormer Fish
    9pwSxZr.jpg
    This skin may actually look good on an Argonian...
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I guess I don't have to be able to buy food.
  • PopotoSalad
    PopotoSalad
    ✭✭✭
    I must have the Housecarl Dress and the Snowcrystal Tiara. I've got enough gems for one of them already, so, yay!
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Furnishings should be in the housing editor anyway not in crowncrates. Don't make us waste gems on furnishings as I'd rather buy them in the housing editor. Save the gems for the cosmetic stuff like emotes, mounts, pets, skins, etc. Would def be nice to be able to buy a resplendent sweatroll with crowns .
  • Maelstroa
    Maelstroa
    ✭✭
    Anyone know if these are live on PTS..? Or if someone has already seen if facial markings/tattoos work on MAORMER FISH SKIN?!
    I NEED to know if my cute tattoos work on the beautiful fishy scales.. ; - ;
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Still one hour and 17 minutes to go ... *bites fingernails*
    PC EU.

• LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That Deadlands skin will be PERFECT for those who wish to make a Daedra character. Slap it on a Bosmer and give them antlers, sorted.

The Opal skin looks really nice, but those sandy patches kinda ruin it. Well, they REALLY ruin it. People will have to pick their fashion carefully if they want to use that and hide the "grit". Really wish they would remove that.

Maormer skin is again another great one. Perfect dor those who want to make their Altmer Sorcs into Sea Elves!
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh man, there are SO many things I want in this crate season and I only have... *stares at them* 75 or so gems...ouch >.>;;; That Maormer skin tho, and the Witch horse...
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • Fortunatto
    Fortunatto
    ✭✭✭
    maormer skin turns out to be a disappointment - on itself its nice, but not what you would expect from the *maormer* skin :(
    Other things are nice - even mounts are good
    | Immortal Redeemer | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Tick-Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart | Unchained | Dawnbringer | Godslayer | PC EU
  • Thecrowley
    Thecrowley
    ✭✭
    What about the Short Mussed hairstyle
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fortunatto wrote: »
    maormer skin turns out to be a disappointment - on itself its nice, but not what you would expect from the *maormer* skin :(
    It's pretty cool, though. My Altmer-Sorc-supposed-to-be-a-Sea-Elf (who's wearing the skin now) could very well be the result of a Snakeskin berserker/Altmer ONS. Which is his new backstory xD.
    A1jmONi.jpg

Edited by Ye_Olde_Crowe on December 12, 2019 5:59PM
    PC EU.

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It looks like the Bleakrock Housecarl Dress is just a slight variation of the Bardic Tavern Singer's Dress we already got. If so, I may be saving my meager free gems for something else. The only real differences I can see are the necklace, the chain that goes across the chest, and the armbands.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fortunatto wrote: »
    Other things are nice - even mounts are good

One thing I have found about this particular skin is... if you put it on Khajiit or Argonian... it does NOT over-ride your "original" skin (fur pattern or scales). And that is good, very good, but at the same time I ask myself... why only this skin does that ?

Literally EVERY OTHER skin / body markings / tattoo will override your fur/scales on Khajiit/Argonian. What I mean by that is it will select the "default" skin with no pattern (the one available during character creation, as if you did not moved the slider and selected the default one) and then apply the skin / body marking / tattoo on it.

I know ZOS has priorities, but this is crown store cosmetics and has not been fixed yet... I mean it was like that since 2014 or 2015..
    It is just plain weird...
  • Contaminate
    Contaminate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More stuff that requires gambling to acquire, nothing of substance added to the game (yet again).

Might have considered buying the Maomer skin, maybe even another senche mount, and some of those adornments, but I refuse to gamble for them
  • blueyonder
    blueyonder
    ✭✭✭
    +1 lil bambino Bambi boye. KAWAII
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT
  • NorthernNightmare
    NorthernNightmare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had 397 gems so I went and bought a crate to get jusstt enough
    bought the ice wolf

very nice mounts this time around
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why cant we buy the Frost Pets>????

I think its because you want us to first spend money on frost mounts... Then we get a free frost pet that does not match the mount.... and we Try to get the frost mount to match the pet....

Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • augestflex_ESO
    Any very rough approximation of when Atronach Crown Crates would be removed from the Crown Store? e.g. I'm guessing when the next ones enter the store, so probably with next DLC?