Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Microsoft Unable to Process ESO Plus

Trenia
Trenia
✭✭✭
My year long ESO Plus subscription expired and could not be renewed due to a processing issue with Microsoft. I have not been able to renew, and Microsoft tech support cannot fix my subscription. They keep telling me the internal team is dealing with the issue, but it has been five days. Has anyone found a fix for this? My inventories are jammed. My content is blocked. And my mailbox is back filled by like 300.
  • Galen
    Galen
    ✭✭✭
    I am still in the same boat as you... I had hope since others on the forum said a call to Microsoft fixed it within a few minutes or a day or two, but I think our particular issue is a little different than those others. This is why I wonder if it is specific to yearly subs or the timing of our renewals or both.

Exact same circumstance, just a few days behind your timeline: yearly subscription of ESO+ not renewing on time in mid-Nov, Microsoft not being able to process it for whatever reason, no change/update since it was escalated to their "offline" team.

Am sad since this problem blocks half the event for me right now in addition to not having the many benefits of ESO+. Also, the Black Fredas sale is now here and I was really wanting to have my ESO+ Crowns on hand for that...

I don't know if there is anything Zenimax can do or not, but Microsoft has been unable to fix it so far. :/
    PC - 2013-2016
    Xbox One - 2017-2021
    Xbox Series X - 2021-present
  • Trenia
    Trenia
    ✭✭✭
    It's crazy it has been a week without response from microsoft. Zenimax can't do anything. They said they are unable to sell ESO+. I don't believe them when they say they are unable to sell it as a redeemable code though.
  • Trenia
    Trenia
    ✭✭✭
    Another week goes by. I have received the same email from Microsoft 4 times:

"This is an update with regards to your subscription for ESO our escalations team are already working on fixing your account, the main issue seems to be that your subscription is frozen and needs to be manually cancelled, please give us 24-72 hours more for further updates"

They just keep sending me the same email over and over again. No solution anywhere to be found.
    Edited by Trenia on December 4, 2019 2:17PM
  • Galen
    Galen
    ✭✭✭
    After almost 2 weeks of waiting and also similar emails to yours, Microsoft was finally able to cancel my stuck subscription so I could attempt renewal, which worked!

Quite a ridiculous amount of time (though Thanksgiving + Black Friday sales in the middle of all this likely did not help), but it's done and hopefully I won't have to deal with this next year. Still no clue what went wrong exactly, just that the sub got stuck in active/expired limbo and I guess even Microsoft struggled getting their system to actually cancel it to fix it.

Here's hoping that yours is also fixed soon (if it isn't already)!
    PC - 2013-2016
    Xbox One - 2017-2021
  • Trenia
    Trenia
    ✭✭✭
    Galen wrote: »
    After almost 2 weeks of waiting and also similar emails to yours, Microsoft was finally able to cancel my stuck subscription so I could attempt renewal, which worked!

Quite a ridiculous amount of time (though Thanksgiving + Black Friday sales in the middle of all this likely did not help), but it's done and hopefully I won't have to deal with this next year. Still no clue what went wrong exactly, just that the sub got stuck in active/expired limbo and I guess even Microsoft struggled getting their system to actually cancel it to fix it.

Here's hoping that yours is also fixed soon (if it isn't already)!

My issue is still unresolved. Can you please give me your ticket number so they can replicate the process?
  • Trenia
    Trenia
    ✭✭✭
    Galen. You giving me your ticket number got it through. Thank you so much man.
  • Galen
    Galen
    ✭✭✭
    You're welcome and I'm glad it finally was fixed for you!
    PC - 2013-2016
    Xbox One - 2017-2021