Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

HAMMER is game-breaking and needs to be REMOVED until balanced

• biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whoever thought up an artefact that causes people to flock to it was silly. On Kaal yesterday almost the whole server was at a single resource with one faction faming, one faction defending, and one trying to get their scroll.

Just stupid when the past years have been spent trying to get people to spread out.
  • Cernunnos55
    Cernunnos55
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a cluster**** to me. As far as I can tell, that's what the hammer was intended to do, and frankly I love it. It's hilarious watching people panic, and it creates large scale fights at specific locations with specific points of power in emp and hammer, with value contention over scrolls, keeps etc. I think it's great.
    Guild Master of The Pride of Daggerfall, D.C. loyalist and commander of the Cerglings.

R’hana – Khajiit – StamBlade – Crafter/PvP
    Iranduril – Altmer – MagSorc – PvE DPS
    Sayelo Tomylilfren – Argonian – Hybrid Dragonknight – PvE Tank
    A Brexit Policy – Redguard – StamSorc – PvP
  • ExistingRug61
    ExistingRug61
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sacredx wrote: »
    My suggestion is to make three artefacts, kinds of in a rock-paper-scissors style. One per faction max. They all do different things and counter one another and when all three get together something happens! Maybe a dragon appears and starts to mow down the zerg balls. Maybe call the dragon Lagless the Merciful. #NAprime !

To me this seems like one way it could be improved.

One idea for one an extra artefact could be something that gets a low pop or underdog damage bonus, or bonus damage against players of the current winning/largest faction. Still usable by any faction but stronger in the hands of the underdog.
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give each faction a unique weapon.

Sit back and watch the games!
  • Penitent_Sorc
    Penitent_Sorc
    ✭✭
    No, buff hammer.
    Emperor of Tamriel
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Double dmg and duration of hammer ult.
    Add friendly fire to it.
    Profit?!
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EmEm_Oh wrote: »
    Give each faction a unique weapon.

Sit back and watch the games!

and when are they supposed to spawn? "randomly" as well?
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hammer is totally stupid. It spawns at 2 bars faction, they try to take a keep of poplocked faction. Poplocked faction takes it over and now they not only have twice as much people but also a way to get a keep in 30s. Yeah awesome design...
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rianai wrote: »
    Double dmg and duration of hammer ult.
    Add friendly fire to it.
    Profit?!

Sheogorath approves.
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • kwisatz
    kwisatz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Psychopote wrote: »
    The easy solution could be to add a 30 days campaign without hammer and faction lock (an "old fashion" campaign).
    So people could choose what fit their desire best ;-)

I was about to write the same words.
    +1 for an 30 days "old fashion" campaign, faction locked and hammer free.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kwisatz wrote: »
    The easy solution could be to add a 30 days campaign without hammer and faction lock (an "old fashion" campaign).

Sure. And it'll be just as dead as the unlocked campaign is now. Based on numbers, it seems the average player is fine with faction locks and the Hammer, in spite of any perceived drawback or claims by the forum-dwellers.
  • DCZergNoob
    DCZergNoob
    ✭✭✭
    I think everybody in these forums seem to forget that....It's supposed to be OP & game breaking

It's a daedric artifact for god sakes

If theres one stupid OP thing in the game that actually has the lore & evidence to back it up: It's the hammer
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DCZergNoob wrote: »
    I think everybody in these forums seem to forget that....It's supposed to be OP & game breaking

It's a daedric artifact for god sakes

If theres one stupid OP thing in the game that actually has the lore & evidence to back it up: It's the hammer

I think I recall the devs even saying they intend for it to be OP.
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually like it. I thought it was a horror at first. But I don't feel it's a problem anymore. It's a nice addition to the game according to me. ZOS gets their beloved "forced group play" experience on us, and it becomes a sort of "wild card" game changer for a little while.

I think we've all learned how it works, and adjusted to it pretty well. I don't see a whole map change color because of it anymore.
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Died to the Volendrung ulti outside Bleakers MG, respawned, got immediately pulled right through the closed maingate and died to the same ulti again. This sure was one of the stranger experiences the game has to offer.
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »
    kwisatz wrote: »

Sure. And it'll be just as dead as the unlocked campaign is now. Based on numbers, it seems the average player is fine with faction locks and the Hammer, in spite of any perceived drawback or claims by the forum-dwellers.

*sigh*

People gravtitate to whatever campaign is most populated. Even during the IC event, one cp camp was 2 bars of pop, the other had a 30 minute queue to get into. People are sheep.
  • GlorphNoldorin
    GlorphNoldorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The devs said something along the line of " the hammer was designed to create chaos....and we have achieved that aim"

yet again showing their misunderstanding of what is fun in the game. Sure having emp, hammer and a pop advantage is fun for those people but I wouldnt say its fun for anyone else or encourages decent game play
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or just stay behind the hammer, and out of the way. If the wielder does not kill enemy players, the hammer returns to Oblivion...
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raudgrani wrote: »
    I actually like it. I thought it was a horror at first. But I don't feel it's a problem anymore. It's a nice addition to the game according to me. ZOS gets their beloved "forced group play" experience on us, and it becomes a sort of "wild card" game changer for a little while.

I think we've all learned how it works, and adjusted to it pretty well. I don't see a whole map change color because of it anymore.

You mean its already red :trollface:
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abyssmol wrote: »
    Or just stay behind the hammer, and out of the way. If the wielder does not kill enemy players, the hammer returns to Oblivion...

Mhm... and allow them to take half of the map anyway? Because first few times hammer will just kill the wielder and will be picked up by someone from his team. NO! Hammer needs restrictions or should be deleted.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A good solution would be to introduce 3 seperate artifacts that all spawn at each factions base randomly, and each one balances out the other if used correctly. Also not allowing the same faction to pick up more than one artifact would be an obvious choice.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheFM wrote: »
    A good solution would be to introduce 3 seperate artifacts that all spawn at each factions base randomly, and each one balances out the other if used correctly. Also not allowing the same faction to pick up more than one artifact would be an obvious choice.

Or when those artifacts come in close proximity to each other they blow up killing everyone.
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »

Or when those artifacts come in close proximity to each other they blow up killing everyone.

If someone on the team with an artifact tries, I would totally be down for that. xD
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »

LOL that actually sounds pretty awesome, not gonna lie.
  • Saepio
    Saepio
    ✭✭✭
    The Hammer is trash, but it is only one of many issues that make Cyrodiil far less than it should/could be.
    Streamers love it though, so I guess we are stuck with it, and the lag that inevitably comes with the zerg herd that converges on it.
  • dennissomb16_ESO
    dennissomb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the very least the hammer should not spawn unless all factions are locked. Spawning the hammer for the underdog realm at one bar population while another realm is at 3 bars and you can pretty much guess what is going to happen. Of course that means the hammer pretty much can only spawn for 1 campaign during prime time so really just remove the hammer, it is not really adding anything fun to Cyrodiil.
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Saepio wrote: »
    The Hammer is trash, but it is only one of many issues that make Cyrodiil far less than it should/could be.
    Streamers love it though, so I guess we are stuck with it, and the lag that inevitably comes with the zerg herd that converges on it.

Yeah, we dare not speak ill of streamers. ZoS pretty much caters to their every whim atm. And its not even all of them, its the few toxic ones.
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love it!
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Honestly, not a fan of the hammer. It just doesn't feel fun to me.

I have only seen it happen a couple times, but it always cheers me up when the person who grabs the hammer takes it straight into a body of water, effectively removing it from play.
    Edited by LukosCreyden on December 17, 2019 6:09PM
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.