The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is pet sorcerer identity loss and is daedric summoning SKILLS THE worst identity miss in the GAME

phoenixkungfu
phoenixkungfu
✭✭✭✭
Hello all, I'm a 250 day pet sorcerer. I love the class of sorcerer. Not just in eso but in all elder scrolls games. It was so long ago but it's been 3 to 4 years. Wow time flys, I have seen so many changes, so many nerfs. But never have I seen THE COMPLETE DESTRUCTION OF A PLAY STYLE LIKE THIS. THE IDENTITY IS LOSS to the daedric summoning skill line. The unique playstyle and sacrifice of a double bar pet sorcerer "OR focus in a skill line" is by far the most underperforming identity loss in the game. The recent nerfs have killed the skill line. FOR THE FIRST TIME IN THE GAME HISTORY I'm using haunting curse over daedric pray WHILE HAVING A PET SLOTTED? smh. Furthermore double pet playstyle is underperforming to the point it a handicap to slot 2 pets and lose bar SPACE plus dps. The unique playstyle and amazing one of a kind gameplay managment of pet health or given the player a choice of attack the pets or sorcerer is gone. All because pets does so little damage which domino to a eazy decision to attack the sorcerer. Daedric summoning skill should be about summoning but the TRUE IDENTITY is about hardened ward? THE MOST USE SORCERER ABILITIE? Hardened ward is focus on not protecting a pet but just to have more shield. The gameplay of a pet focus double bar "dedric summoning" skill line is the biggest identity loss and underperforming set of NERFS I EVER SEEN IN ANY VIDEO GAME HISTORY.
I challenge anyone to look at any skill line of any class and compare and LOL ATTEMPT TO DISAGREE.

I call for all changes to be reverted or rename the skill line. DEADRIC summoning is not the focus.
Edited by phoenixkungfu on December 10, 2019 10:23PM
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The nerf to pet sorcs is due to what ZOS saw as it being easy mode for soloing content that they didn’t want to be easy to solo, from what I read, and this agrees with what I heard experienced players in my PvE guild say. Every time someone said they struggled with vMA, there were lots of people who would respond with “just run it with a pet sorc”. Nerfing a set of skills isn’t destroying an “identity”, IMO. You can still run it, but it just reduces it’s effectiveness.

Edit: typo
    Edited by Marcus684 on December 10, 2019 11:45PM
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mobile on demand LOS, aka winged twilight, one of the best defensive buffs in the game.
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is a pvp thread, that to start. Second WHEN nerfing the damage domino to destroying a play style AS WELL as the identityod the skill line. Pet sorcerer is not your typical do the max damage gameplay. At the bases of pet sorcerer it's the mind game to force your opponent to choose to attack the pet sorcerer or pets. Without pets being a powerful damage threat. The gameplay of do you shield, heal or sacrifice your pet (because you feel safe to recast) is gone.
    Which mean its identity is lost. In regards to 1 pet that heals gameplay this is not a pet a pet focus build. That is a pet being used for utility. Daedric summoning is not about summoning after these changes. The nerf do not reflect pvp balance gameplay for the skill line daedric summoning focus user at all. I CHALLENGE ANY CLASS TO USE ANY SKILL LINE AS A THEME. AND YOU WILL BE MORE EFFECTIVE THEN ANY DAEDRIC SUMMONING USER FOCUS BUILD. Daedric summoning is the worst skill line in the game and it doesn't represent pet summoning as a incentive at all. ITS NOT POWERFUL ENOUGH TO COMPETE OR BE COMPETITIVE.
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also a DEADric summoning build. Is a build that uses 2 pets and Daedric pray. To maximize the passive incentive to use the skill line.
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry but no.

Deadric summonning skill line got nerfed for sure. Just like everything else in the game.

Full pet sorc in PvP is strong and the only thing that make it non truly competitive is magicka sustain. It's litterally the only bad thing about 2 pets sorcs.

The biggest nerf PvP pet sorc took was the scamp going from 8s to 10s, it make the all combo far too long.

Get a good build and L2P.

Ask for making the sorc shield sustainable without needing to dark exchange/reset the fight.

• phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry but WRONG
    TO THE POINT YOU LOSS ALL CREDITABLY.

Lp2 please
    There is a MAJOR DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LIKING A PLAYSTYLE BECAUSE ITS FUN AND NOT BORING. Compare to spam moves in order. I like pet sorcerer because it cool and fun. Until now

Back on topic
    Once again last patch was nerf pet sorcerer patch. Even before last patch pets damage was so low. That it was un useable but the true nurf was to DEADric pray. monster sets, proc set plus atro pets was nerf. Pet sorcerer damage even at 60k max magic damage is simply not competitive with shield nerfs and mostly lack of bar SPACE. Your spamable normally is a heavy attack to command your pets and counter play lack of recovery. So sustain is NOT A ISSUE. it's the pets damage. It's so low that player target the sorcerer almost always. Furthermore pets are not guaranteed damage. pets can be dodge, hard cc, soft cc or just out run. So before all this the pet damage reflect the difference in guarantee dot damage and pets. So player had to strategize to kill both pets then sorcerer or deal with the pets first then attack the sorcerer or eat alot of damage. Which in return created sorcerer gameplay. In terms of healing, shielding or letting 1 pet die to protect another. Now the protect pet gameplay is dead. Making pet sorcerer to just slot pet as the worst unreliable dot in the game. The identity is dead. Pets was not just a dot, it a gameplay.

• Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aedaryl gave you a good explanation and you'd do well to listen to him. But I can get into more detail, if that helps.

Pets with their passive contribution to your performance are very hard to balance. They used to be banned from dueling tournaments and I think they still are.

The scamp was never a good choice in open PvP. It is slow, deals low AoE damage and the stun is hard to use in a combo. Some people have claimed to use it well in the past, but I've never seen a competent player with it. If you still wanna use the scamp, go ahead. It's as useless as ever.

You are not using heavy lightning attacks in PvP as your spammable and sustain. It locks you in slow channel speed, is low damage and I can block the final tick to deny you the resources. If you rely on it, it will get you killed.

Daedric Prey is too slow for a burst combo in PvP. It was never a good choice, even with a zoo build. It's a dps skill, but you want BURST - in PvP and especially on sorcs.

Twilight was nerfed for PvP and PvE purposes. More for PvP. Having a movable piece of LoS with strong, passive, ranged attacks was a bit much. Especially on the morph that also provides an insane burst heal. I think the active Tormentor ability should be stronger in PvE, but the Matriarch gives you a lot of survivability and is more than fine the way it is. Could actually get its size reduced, to be honest.

Greater Storm Atronach is awesome in the right places. Full stop.
    Hardened Ward does help keeping your twilight alive. Just don't rely too much on it.

Pet builds, if you can drop your pride and be happy with just the twilight and maybe atro, are very, very tanky in PvP. They are absolutely viable. Aedaryl was completely right: just build properly and learn to play. And if you prefer fun over competitiveness, which is fine, then use your casual lightning two-pet build. But don't complain about a fun build not being competitive.
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lord otto I agree with alot you said. I just dont agree with the direction of single pet vs duel pets. A well as competitive vs fun. I believe the biggest problem is I made the impossible work in pvp with duel pets and it felt good. Now it's just boring and nerf to no way in hell it works and that's killing the game for me. It's to bad the 250 day pet sorcerer vote doesn't count. O well I'm over it. Hopefully they will nerf DEADric summoning someone for some good laughs pet sorcerer balance equal total destruction of DEADric skill line.
    Edited by phoenixkungfu on December 11, 2019 9:32AM
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    L2P
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lord otto I agree with alot you said. I just dont agree with the direction of single pet vs duel pets. A well as competitive vs fun. I believe the biggest problem is I made the impossible work in pvp with duel pets and it felt good. Now it's just boring and nerf to no way in hell it works and that's killing the game for me. It's to bad the 250 day pet sorcerer vote doesn't count. O well I'm over it. Hopefully they will nerf DEADric summoning someone for some good laughs pet sorcerer balance equal total destruction of DEADric skill line.

Well, it sucks to lose a unique build, I get that. I am still sometimes mourning over the lost DW magsorc days. But it's no use. Just give the "new" petsorc specs a chance, maybe you'll like them. Malcolm has, as always, quite an extensive video up on YouTube. Watch it while eating or something, and maybe you'll get a moment where it clicks for you. You might need to adapt, but let me tell you: petsorcs ain't dead!
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thx
    Lord-Otto wrote: »

Well, it sucks to lose a unique build, I get that. I am still sometimes mourning over the lost DW magsorc days. But it's no use. Just give the "new" petsorc specs a chance, maybe you'll like them. Malcolm has, as always, quite an extensive video up on YouTube. Watch it while eating or something, and maybe you'll get a moment where it clicks for you. You might need to adapt, but let me tell you: petsorcs ain't dead!

Thx bud that means alot. on a side note I have a amazing 1 slot pet build. But it's not the same. It a spam a frag overload build. But it effective. But boring it just not the real pet double pet sorcerer challenge but I do feel like I adapte every nerf. This time just feels different. I just dont have the drive to pay the way I want. With this extremely DEADric nerfs... so I guess I will play meta. Whatever I'm over it.
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh you got nerfed?
    try magblade and then tell me sorc has no identity
    Edited by ThePhantomThorn on December 11, 2019 1:55PM
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The sorcerer in general is a class without identity are we a pet class a battlemage type class with no spammable class skills which is dumb are we supposed to be glass cannon or mobility based class the sorc class is underwhelming and just a mishmash of ideas that don't really have much synergy or just feel underwelming every other class has there archetype something that resembles identity while to sorc class just doesn't.
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thx
    Lord-Otto wrote: »

Thx bud that means alot. on a side note I have a amazing 1 slot pet build. But it's not the same. It a spam a frag overload build. But it effective. But boring it just not the real pet double pet sorcerer challenge but I do feel like I adapte every nerf. This time just feels different. I just dont have the drive to pay the way I want. With this extremely DEADric nerfs... so I guess I will play meta. Whatever I'm over it.

Yeah. Yeah, combat has become VERY boring these days. For all classes. It's the constant nerfing of "overloaded" abilities, if you ask me.
    But I take solace in the fact that I can slot class abilities again. And have the PvP option between pet and no-pet. It could be better, and someday it will, but it could be far worse. My magblade is utterly sleep-inducing.
    Well, it's good to hear you're adapting and finding joy! Keep at it, exploit your build's strengths, and you're gonna have a good time. Mostly.
    :3
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You lost a unique build? There, there.

I lost my NB build I used to solo veteran dungeons for farming purposes like 3 years ago when ZoS decided to change Leeching strikes. Now that NB is used as crafter and pack mule. And that's only one of the builds I've lost these years.

Welcome to ESO
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh you got nerfed?
    try magblade and then tell me sorc has no identity

Remember sap tanks? They were super fun to use... but then they took an arrow in the knee
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Freakin_Hytte
    Freakin_Hytte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you feel this way about your petsorc and don't like playing other sorc builds, how about trying a new class? It seems like a great opportunity.

If you like the pet concept, there is mag warden with the bear. There are builds that focuses around slinging yourself to the bear and heal, being highly mobile. You can always go magnecro, even though it's not counted as one of the stronger classes, they can be very good in the right hands and I personally love playing them. Not because they are the best, but because they have a fun playstyle.
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL ATTEMPT TO DISAGREE.

This sums up pretty much every post I've seen from OP.
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow thx all, your positive remarks has inspired me. It's nice to hear I'm not the only one. Good news is I found a new pet sorcerer build and it's a duel pets. IT doesn't feel like the pet sorcerer mind gameplay but it all class abilities so I like it.

Thx all