The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Beware, you will lose your siege when parapet wall disappears in Cyro

Cavedog
Cavedog
✭✭✭✭✭
There is another new bug in PvP land. When keeps are fully upgraded, there is a parapet wall extending out from the corners you can set a siege on to protect the keep. If you are sieging from that extended parapet wall and the keep downgrades, when the wall disappears, so does your siege, forever. You don't get your siege back when that happens now.

I've lost two cold fire ballista's from this so far. These kind of bugs really get annoying. I want my ballistas back. They cost 30k each now days.
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to just lose the whole Upgrade/Downgrade mechanic....
    It causes unnecessary load screens that destroys gameplay
    All for what!? So magical sections of wall to appear and disappear right out from under you!? Makes sense...

Leave the walls at the final stage and increase/decrease health bar...if even that. It’s not like we look at a wall and go
    “Oh snap! This wall is only on Stage one!! Everyone Quick! Get Here Now Before it Upgrades!!!
  • Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to just lose the whole Upgrade/Downgrade mechanic....
    It causes unnecessary load screens that destroys gameplay
    All for what!? So magical sections of wall to appear and disappear right out from under you!? Makes sense...

Leave the walls at the final stage and increase/decrease health bar...if even that. It’s not like we look at a wall and go
    “Oh snap! This wall is only on Stage one!! Everyone Quick! Get Here Now Before it Upgrades!!!

I agree. The keep upgrade/downgrade mechanic has never made much sense to me. It's especially fun when you riding around the corner of a keep and the parapet wall appears right in front of you and you get /stuck.
  • Puzzlenuts
    Puzzlenuts
    ✭✭✭
    I love being out there defending a keep and it dissapears from under my feet then getting zerged down trying to get back in the door. I now try to repair it a bit if I have time before a siege.Not sure if that makes a difference in the degradation of it but since I have been doing that it seems that it has dissappeared less on me.Not sure what the % is that it dissapears if it's under 60 % I usually stay off if I don't have time to fix it.
  • faeeichenlaub
    faeeichenlaub
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm okay with losing the Siege to it but only if the thing is under bombardment and brick is visibly taking damage and falls away. Like say the Hammer comes through a wall. But to just get the rug pulled out from under you without warning >Poof!< sucks. I've given up on parking anything on those parapets.

Agree that as is it seems sort of an unnecessary feature
    "Azura give me strength, Let my voice change the world as long as I am in it."
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Puzzlenuts wrote: »
    I love being out there defending a keep and it dissapears from under my feet then getting zerged down trying to get back in the door. I now try to repair it a bit if I have time before a siege.Not sure if that makes a difference in the degradation of it but since I have been doing that it seems that it has dissappeared less on me.Not sure what the % is that it dissapears if it's under 60 % I usually stay off if I don't have time to fix it.

The walls/doors/npcs levels are determined by the resources...
    the Mines Level dictates the strength of the wall
    the Lumber Mill dictates the strength of the door
    the Farm dictates the strength of the NPCs
    If they are controlled by the appropriate Alliance...

As a result of this...after a Keep/Castle/Fort flips to a New Alliance there is a period of fluctuations as the keep adjusts to the New owners compared to the Level/Control of resources that causes Loadscreens and rapid appearing and disappearing walls
    Edited by xxthir13enxx on December 11, 2019 1:33PM
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait what ? People are buying Cold Fires for 30k a pop ? time to sell
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you kinda deserve this if you are the kind of guy who uses coldfires. Just saying.