Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Anyone else's toons connected to lore characters?

• Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have one Dres, her name is Ember Dres, but my other characters are names I created outside ES lore.

Is she really a House Dres retainer or it is just a name she was given and thinks she's a part of the Great House?
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have one Dres, her name is Ember Dres, but my other characters are names I created outside ES lore.

Is she really a House Dres retainer or it is just a name she was given and thinks she's a part of the Great House?

I rp her as being of Dres lineage. She has left House life to live a life with her partner who rescued her from her situation. Also both of your statements mean the same thing, she knows she is House Dres, born from Dres lineage, and the name was given at her birth and knows her heritage. Do you know how condescending you sound, by the way?
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I rp her as being of Dres lineage. She has left House life to live a life with her partner who rescued her from her situation. Also both of your statements mean the same thing, she knows she is House Dres, born from Dres lineage, and the name was given at her birth and knows her heritage. Do you know how condescending you sound, by the way?

No, man, this was nothing about any kind of superiority. Knowing that some players differ their characters' actions, ethics, appearance, etc. from their own and realizing you're one of them, I asked a question about your character, not about you, intentionally. I did it specially not to offend you personally. So no condescending sounds here - you've just read it that way. I only meant I was interested if she had completed a certain quest to become an affiliate of House Dres or not. Now I see she hadn't and it's not just her name but more of the matter of her farfetched autobiography.

There is a certain quest in Kragenmoor, after Ember completes it she will be named a Hand of Dres by the House Grandmaster himself. That quest completion will make her a personal friend of the Grandmaster and his House alike and a House's reputable person to run special errands. She won't need to invent and tell people fables of her lineage, heritage and etc. anymore - she will become a certain respected affiliate of the Great House. Just like me, so we could become associates of the same Great House. Achievement system and the option to link achievements in the chat window helps to prove it to anyone who would query Ember's possible statements of her House Dres affiliation, so she will not be treated as a liar if anyone calls her that way for that. I hope you'll find this information helpful to your character's development.
    Edited by Aigym_Hlervu on December 11, 2019 9:43AM
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How does completing a quest OOC validate her backstory in the slightest? Her autobiography is somehow far fetched because me as the author and creator chose to bring to life a character that out of all the Dunmer Houses, was designated as House Dres? That....that’s called normal, that’s no different than picking her to be any other race or name. There are few times where the OOC circumstances change IC decisions. Calling my character far fetched because she was born a Dres and didn’t complete some quest is absurd and condescending.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nop, I'm usually just me. ;)
    Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D
  • Vinterskald
    Vinterskald
    ✭✭✭
    Seems like a lot happened in this thread, but I shall just ignore that for now and refer back to OP's question :grin: - I always give my characters somewhat extensive backstories that are tied, in some way or another, to characters already in the lore, but not always directly. My necro healer's surname is Drinith, since he grew up in Kogoruhn as a member of House Dagoth, and Drinith is the name of the ancestor tomb there. One of my magblades has the surname Velador, due to being related to Dranos Velador, who you meet in Cradle of Shadows. A bunch of my characters have some relation to House Ravenwatch, but it's usually not reflected in their names. But other than that, all of my characters are somehow interrelated, even outside of the games I played them in (my DK tank is an ancestor of my Nerevarine, my main sorc healer's magical creation aids my champion of Cyrodiil, all my Dark Brotherhood characters throughout the games are somehow related, etc), so that I can weave their stories together with those of in-game characters very easily :smile:
    Barra agea ry sou karan.
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not talking about her backstory you created for her, @Sheezabeast. Ember was spawned in Coldharbour or on the ship on the way to Morrowind with no backstories to choose from in the game unlike the way those Mount&Blade games or anything of that kind gave us the option to do. To make her affiliated with a certain faction you have to meet different requirements, regarding House Dres - to complete a quest. It is the only way possible to do it the game provides. I've done it, your character hasn't done it.

So I make a conclusion she's not a Dres affiliate in spite of anything you say about her backstory. I thought she would go and do that quest instead of you argueing with me, but I see I was wrong. Ok, it's your choice. I'm Cygemai Hlervu, but I have no connections to that Hlervu family of Vvardenfell. It's just a coincidence based on the certain reason. It's silly to try to make somebody believe all the opposite. Of course you may call yourself author and tell me she is Dres, but I think you understand how does that sound to me. Thus being a Hand of Dres I do not consider Ember to be affiliated with us, she has never been Dres in spite of the name she bears.
    Edited by Aigym_Hlervu on December 14, 2019 3:26PM
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not talking about her backstory you created for her, @Sheezabeast. Ember was spawned in Coldharbour or on the ship on the way to Morrowind with no backstories to choose from in the game unlike the way those Mount&Blade games or anything of that kind gave us the option to do. To make her affiliated with a certain faction you have to meet different requirements, regarding House Dres - to complete a quest. It is the only way possible to do it the game provides. I've done it, your character hasn't done it.

So I make a conclusion she's not a Dres affiliate in spite of anything you say about her backstory. I thought she would go and do that quest instead of you argueing with me, but I see I was wrong. Ok, it's your choice. I'm Cygemai Hlervu, but I have no connections to that Hlervu family of Vvardenfell. It's just a coincidence based on the certain reason. It's silly to try to make somebody believe all the opposite. Of course you may call yourself author and tell me she is Dres, but I think you understand how does that sound to me. Thus being a Hand of Dres I do not consider Ember to be affiliated with us, she has never been Dres in spite of the name she bears.

*sighs*

I cannot shake off the feeling that you think you are the only one doing it completely right and the whole of the roleplaying community has been doing it completely wrong for decades (while having tons of fun and creating awesome pieces of writing and artwork along the way, mind you).

*sighs again*

Here we go again.

I do know other people who are totally unable to comprehend the concept of roleplaying, and I do know there is nothing that can be done to allow their brains to wrap around the idea that some people can actually create stories outside the confines of the one presented by the game, despite the fact that the same happens with any literature in the fiction genres - the authors create stories outside the confines of the real world and of their own real life stories.
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, @Watchdog. We all are playing the same RPG - a role-playing game. If those guys are role-players, then who am I if I don't create backstories but just pick up a role the game provides and play it? I don't say those players are wrong. For example someone says he's an Ordinator. It's good to know it someone else has joined the Order, to know our numbers become greater, so I become interested in his armor, his way of playing, some details, etc. But then it turns out that the man just "created a backstory", he just made his character an Ordinator in his mind, while I had to spend really much time on various in-game activities like quests, picking up the right armor, weaponry, certain actions, etc. to become the one and to make it lore-wise using the game mechanics the game provides. Moreover, the man says he is a "roleplayer". What do you suppose I have to think about such a "roleplayer"? That's it.. So it is me who sighs everytime I meet such an "author" who says he is another Lord of the Rings, whatever, but actually he is not. I've met such people IRL, there's even a special word for the likes of them, but it's rude and intranslatable.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The people who are our characters didn't simply spring into existence as fully-formed adults in the prison in Coldharbour or on the ship to Morrowind. They were somewhere, doing something, before they were sacrificed or got that letter encouraging them to visit Vvardenfell. The Prophet acknowledges that when he refers to the Vestige's "former self" in the Wailing Prison. Determining what that old life consisted of - the character's backstory - is an essential part of any roleplaying endeavor: What was this person's life before they became an adventurer, before the beginning of the story we see?

Understanding a character's life experiences can help shape their personality and inform how they react to situations and make decisions. This is important for roleplayers who consider their characters to be entities separate from themselves who act in a way that makes sense for the characters (rather than being simply avatars of the player). A character who was orphaned on the streets of Sentinel and had to steal to survive might be more comfortable with thievery than a character who was raised to be a paladin of Stendarr, for example.

The fact that ESO doesn't force players to lock in preset options like Mount & Blade means that players have complete freedom to create their characters' backstories and be as detailed as they want. While it's true that some approaches are less lore-friendly than others (my Vestige probably isn't going to be an interdimensional space pirate ninja robot from Chicago), in many cases there's nothing in the game that directly conflicts with a given character concept or backstory. Which means that a backstory can be plausible within the game world, because there's nothing saying that it didn't happen that way.

It's simply a different approach. While one person may choose to only include characterization elements that are directly validated by in-game content, others may choose not to be limited to only what the game explicitly offers us. Maybe nobody's going to come out and say that Ember Dres is a member of House Dres from birth, but nobody's going to tell you that she isn't either. Players have that freedom because the game doesn't dictate what happened to your character before the beginning of the in-game story.

Also, since you seem to think that the amount of time spent on in-game pursuits to support a character concept is a measure of the validity of the concept, I can tell you that a person can spend just as much time creating, refining, writing, drawing, and interacting with an original creative backstory, and probably have even more fun doing it. :D
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello, @Ilsabet! Will you belive me if I tell you a story about Cygemai Hlervu before he was sacrificed to Molag Bal by that Altmeri scum? A story of him being one of the Daedric Princes who was banished into a mortal body of one of the Hlervu family of Vvardenfell, a story that all his actions before and after the sacrifice are just a part of a Daedric plan to reclaim his Daedric essence and his Daedric realm. I could tell you more details, but lets stop it here for now. Will you believe that story?
    Edited by Aigym_Hlervu on December 14, 2019 9:10PM
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a fundamental difference that you're just not seeing or understanding. You roleplay in ESO in a way that is different than how I play. My main, Svanhilde, has been with me in every game since Oblivion, I'm able to continue her story across different games, the stories are unrelated happenings, like a book in a series, is how I see her in other games. I did not birth her from the the construct of ESO. You very closely follow what you feel convicted to do, and that is to roleplay in such a tight-fisted, narrow minded way that forces you to alter your creativity around things like quests. When I'm questing, I'm playing as me. When I'm rping, I'm playing on Svan. Or in this case, my Dunmer Ember. Your way of doing things does NOT entitle you to discredit other people's creative efforts. You're entitled to your opinion, and based on how you've been looking down your nose and right-fighting this entire conversation, you're quite unaware of how your public display of distaste for something different than what you do, makes people feel attacked and judged by you. Which is what you're doing, whether you see it or not.
  • CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never thought a topic like this could spark so much controversy and the way this thread turned out to be is pretty much the last thing I expected when I clicked it. Still, I feel like I want to share my thoughts on the matter as well, so here goes.

Not all of my characters are somehow related or connected to specific characters/families from the lore, but they all have names that are true to the lore of their respective races. I do have a Dunmer that is part of the Varano family, but that's the most specific one. I don't "roleplay" with other people in game, but I do have a backstory and a headcanon for all of my characters. All of those are very different, and each of them behaves accordingly. For example my Breton MagSorc Vyctorya is very loyal to the Daggerfall Covenant and her High King and so, obviously, she has never done any quests for any of the other alliances.
    My first character ever, on the other hand, a Bosmer Nightblade called Cirithiel, couldn't care less about her being a part of the Aldmeri Dominion. She is, first and foremost, a part of the Dark Brotherhood, and cares mostly about them. They're her family and this is where her loyalty lies. Of course this means that she kills people for a living. She's also not opposed to stealing, if the opportunity presents itself. Just like every "first" character in pretty much any game I ever play will always be a rogue/thief/assassin type. This is what I enjoy playing and roleplaying the most, especially because it is so very different from what I am (and want to be) in real life. It's a way of life I will never explore in reality, and I don't have any dark desire to do so that I just suppress - I am absolutely happy abiding by the law. And yet I just love to sneak up on unsuspecting citizens and murder them in cold blood in a game because my contract tells me to. It's nothing personal, but the word of the Night Mother needs to be acted upon, that's just how it is.

For Cirithiel at least, not for me (well, duh, but given what I've read here, I felt like pointing it out just to be sure). Also not for any of my other characters as of now, even though the Khajiit Necromancer that I have planned might go down that road as well, you never know. Sometimes they have a mind of their own. And for me that's half the fun in a "roleplaying game", to just go with the flow and listen to what my characters tell me about themselves. Most of the time their stories just evolve all by themselves, and before I even really think about it, all kinds of things come into my head: Where they've grown up, what their parents were like, whether they have siblings or not, if they get along with their families, if they have significant others or children, what they do or have done for a living, whether they're commoners or of royal blood, what they like to eat, what their hobbies are, what they despise and so on and so on. One of the first things I have read in this forum was a thread about the backstories people invent for their characters - a writing excercise. I saw your awesome post there @Ilsabet and decided to participate myself, in part because of it, and I share your feelings about how much fun it is to come up with this stuff and expand on it. These things are a big reason why I can even get into RPGs the way I do, because they allow me to explore things I never can (or, in some cases, don't want to) in real life.

So... yeah, long post that only pertained in a small part to the original question but, as I said, I felt like elaborating :)
    This poor little Bosmer stealth passive had passionate friends and a big loving family!

• Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a fundamental difference that you're just not seeing or understanding. You roleplay in ESO in a way that is different than how I play. My main, Svanhilde, has been with me in every game since Oblivion, I'm able to continue her story across different games, the stories are unrelated happenings, like a book in a series, is how I see her in other games. I did not birth her from the the construct of ESO. You very closely follow what you feel convicted to do, and that is to roleplay in such a tight-fisted, narrow minded way that forces you to alter your creativity around things like quests. When I'm questing, I'm playing as me. When I'm rping, I'm playing on Svan. Or in this case, my Dunmer Ember. Your way of doing things does NOT entitle you to discredit other people's creative efforts. You're entitled to your opinion, and based on how you've been looking down your nose and right-fighting this entire conversation, you're quite unaware of how your public display of distaste for something different than what you do, makes people feel attacked and judged by you. Which is what you're doing, whether you see it or not.

Your creative efforts do NOT entitle you to discredit other people's in-game achievements. Moreover I sticked to your character having said nothing rude to you personally. I've even tried to help, but you've shown your "gratitude". Thank you much. Since you allow yourself to chin me personally, I warn you: the more impolite you are to me, the more aggressive and rude I am to you. I've only said that your Ember was not a House Dres affiliate. She might be in your mind, but she's not in the game. I've also given you a tip on how to make her a Dres member not only in your headcanon. Now look what have you written to me up there in response.. I will not retaliate this time in order to cease the conflict. But try it again and I'll pour a brown organic substance upon you with pleasure, the way you do it yourself to me.

A thousand times I have said it: I'm not speaking of your backstories. I'm not interested in any stories you create in your minds. I can create many of them myself. I'm speaking of the roleplaying in-game activity only. If I want to read some fiction, I'll read the Ilsabet's headcanon thread with great pleasure. I like it much, I have to admit. You're like pocket crusaders or a Hydra who had many heads but still it was a single creature (it's much like you - many speaking heads support a single intolerant approach) - can't you just stop or is it such a very great necessity you feel to convince me your fiction making means anything to the actual in-game roleplaying?
    Edited by Aigym_Hlervu on December 15, 2019 12:00AM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your creative efforts do NOT entitle you to discredit other people's in-game achievements. Moreover I sticked to your character having said nothing rude to you personally. I've even tried to help, but you've shown your "gratitude". Thank you much. Since you allow yourself to chin me personally, I warn you: the more impolite you are with me, the more aggressive and rude I am to you. I've only said that your Ember is not a House Dres affiliate. She might be in your mind, but she's not in the game. I've also given you a tip on how to make her a Dres member not only in your headcanon. Now look what have you written to me up there in response.. I will not retaliate this time in order to cease the conflict. But try it again and I'll pour you with a brown organic substance with pleasure.

A thousand times I have said it: I'm not speaking of your backstories. I'm not interested in any stories you create in your minds. I can create many of them myself. I'm speaking of the roleplaying in-game activity only. If I want to read some fiction, I'll read the Ilsabet's headcanon thread with great pleasure. I like it much, I have to admit. You're like pocket crusaders or a Hydra who had many heads but still it was a single creature (it's much like you - many speaking heads support a single intolerant approach) - can't you just stop or it is a very great necessity you feel to convince me your fiction making means anything to the actual in-game roleplaying?

If I may be so bold as to offer an idea, you have written a lovely guide on How to Join the Ordinator's Faction that is available as reference for any player who wants to use your roleplaying approach. Have you considered writing a similar guide for House Dres? I think that would make a fantastic resource for the roleplaying community and anyone who's interested in joining House Dres in-game.

The benefit of such guides are that you rarely have to worry about offering unwanted advice or criticism on threads where people generally aren't looking for either - your guide is there for any players who are interested, while players who aren't can carry on as they please, harming no one.

Feel free to take or leave the idea as you see fit, of course.
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I may be so bold as to offer an idea, you have written a lovely guide on How to Join the Ordinator's Faction that is available as reference for any player who wants to use your roleplaying approach. Have you considered writing a similar guide for House Dres? I think that would make a fantastic resource for the roleplaying community and anyone who's interested in joining House Dres in-game.

The benefit of such guides are that you rarely have to worry about offering unwanted advice or criticism on threads where people generally aren't looking for either - your guide is there for any players who are interested, while players who aren't can carry on as they please, harming no one.

Hello, Varanis. Sadly, there's only one option to join.. well at least to somehow become an affiliate of that Great House I'm aware of. So there's not much information to make it a full guide. If anyone knows another way, I'd appreciate to discuss it. Thank you for appreciating my efforts regarding my Guide to become an Ordinator in ESO, though I understand it was just a polite form of an advice to leave. This matter was between me and Sheezabeast only, we discussed his Ember Dres character. Though other players could just pass by, they somehow felt insulted the very same way I had been insulted by the unwanted claims of Sheezabeast's character. Moreover, I remember you told me not to make it personal, to separate these players type from their characters - people could be offended.. So look what I've been written in response though I followed your advice.. I was not the one to make it personal.

So could you write those guys the same type of a message to support me this time? I mean a true supporting message like the ones you've written to me previously: "It's bad to make things personal, you discuss your headcanon though it's a roleplaying section also, it's Fiction and Roleplaying, two separate terms, let me explain you what a roleplaying is, follow @Ilsabet's example and make your own fiction based threads - your headcanon is there for any players who are interested, while players who aren't can carry on as they please, harming no one, etc." ;). Varanis, I have to apologize for this joke, it really is. If you wish to discuss the ways to connect our game characters to lore ones - let's do it, I really like your way of thinking. But I see no reason to discuss each other personally again especially because of my talks to third parties. Don't start it, please. It was only me and Sheezabeast's character. And some other guys.. Humph.. Sometimes it's so hard to communicate with some difficult people.. They just want to argue on any matter, they can't live without making conflicts.. Though I see they have stopped it and so do I.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hello, @Ilsabet! Will you belive me if I tell you a story about Cygemai Hlervu before he was sacrificed to Molag Bal by that Altmeri scum? A story of him being one of the Daedric Princes who was banished into a mortal body of one of the Hlervu family of Vvardenfell, a story that all his actions before and after the sacrifice are just a part of a Daedric plan to reclaim his Daedric essence and his Daedric realm. I could tell you more details, but lets stop it here for now. Will you believe that story?

Are you asking me that because that's actually the backstory you envision for your character, or because you wanted to come up with a hyperbolic example of something you wouldn't expect me to accept as being supported by the lore and see how I'd react?

Either way, I have two basic reactions:

1. Daedric Princes are some of the more well-documented figures in Elder Scrolls lore, so it gets trickier to incorporate them if you're trying to stay absolutely lore-faithful. I'd be curious about which Prince it is and how your story fits in with what we know about that Prince and what they're up to at this point in history.

2. That sounds pretty badass. If that's what works for you, go for it and have fun and get the most you can out of your game experience.

If I want to read some fiction, I'll read the Ilsabet's headcanon thread with great pleasure. I like it much, I have to admit.

I'm actually quite glad to hear that. I've been curious about whether you'd enjoy fanfiction or if it's too out-there for your tastes. You've probably noticed that the vast majority of what I write about (I'd estimate about 95% of the content in the thread) is stuff that actually happens in-game. It's presented through my character's eyes, giving her perspective on things she finds meaningful. But aside from the 5% or so that I shamelessly made up to suit my narrative, it's all supported by what happens in the game. I'm actually kind of proud of that fact. :D

And if you want an example of how characters can behave differently from their players, it may surprise you to learn that actual me is not hopelessly in love with Darien and he's not even really my type. :D (Although I will admit that some of character Ilsabet's obsession with him has rubbed off on me since I've been writing about him for like three and a half years.)

One of the first things I have read in this forum was a thread about the backstories people invent for their characters - a writing excercise. I saw your awesome post there @Ilsabet and decided to participate myself, in part because of it, and I share your feelings about how much fun it is to come up with this stuff and expand on it. These things are a big reason why I can even get into RPGs the way I do, because they allow me to explore things I never can (or, in some cases, don't want to) in real life.

That's awesome. There's a lot of inspiring creativity on these boards and in the wider Elder Scrolls community. It's pretty great to be a part of it, in however small a way.
    Edited by Ilsabet on December 15, 2019 7:18AM
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »

Are you asking me that because that's actually the backstory you envision for your character, or because you wanted to come up with a hyperbolic example of something you wouldn't expect me to accept as being supported by the lore and see how I'd react?

Of course it wasn't the backstory, it was a hyperbolic example of something I expected you wouldn't accept because it was an absolute lie. Me as a former Daedric Prince in ESO :D? No. It's stupid.. Words below are not directed to you, Ilsabeth.

No, guys, I see your concepts of role-playing are really strange. A simple appeal to prove some words in a roleplaying thread of being someone in the game with in-game mechanics meets your fury and aggression. Directed personally. It is impolite and unacceptable. I apologize if I have offended you, @Sheezabeast and others. I've spent hours in the game to find ways to play one role or another not to read your statements your characters were already those heroes just because you have seen them in that role in a daydream.

ESO is not that simple game. It might not give you a certain skill line, a clear option to join one faction or another. But it doesn't mean the game mechanics restrict you from joining it. You have to spend hours in the game reading dialogues, books and finally doing some certain actions to finally become the one you wish. I've spent hours only to pick up the right dye for my Militant Ordinator armor corresponding to the one we see on the Vivec City guards. I had to dismiss the entire guild of the Ashlander Tribal Union I created in the past, spending time, money, lots of efforts to write its Charter to build Ashlander grounds with yurts, guars, crafting stations, etc. in the Coldharbour Surreal Estate, to make events, etc. only because I was pointed at the fact the Clanfriend title does not give one the right to be a fully legit member of an Ashlander tribe. The entire guild was created around my own imagination but I could not see it until I received another opinion. And I'm grateful for that! I've done too many quests and have read too many dialogues to find a single line in a side quest to somehow legitimize myself being a House Dres affiliate. But you just come here to the Fiction and Roleplaying section and declare your character to be Dres just because she wants it. Nice. That doesn't work that way unless it is your own game and your own world. Read the thread title again: "Anyone else's toons connected to lore characters?". There are no words of it being headcanon, fiction or something.

Your kind of fiction has already destroyed too many universes I liked so much. Ubi destroyed Enroth, Disney destroyed everything I read, watched and played in the Star Wars universe, Terminator 3-..6 thoroughly ruined the first two chapters of that movie. Decades of experience ruined only because someone cannot live in a premade world, but due to the lack of creativity cannot create his own universe, someone can only pervert the world existing. That's a Daedric approach.

A pity you do not understand you were the first to offend me and unlike me none of you has ever apologized for doing that. A very unfriendly approach. You just cry when I give you a flick on your nose for doing that. I wish you to have a good day and I won't even read your.. fiction in this thread anymore. Let's just stop it and get along. May the Force be with you :).
    Edited by Aigym_Hlervu on December 15, 2019 4:11PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello, Varanis. Sadly, there's only one option to join.. well at least to somehow become an affiliate of that Great House I'm aware of. So there's not much information to make it a full guide. If anyone knows another way, I'd appreciate to discuss it. Thank you for appreciating my efforts regarding my Guide to become an Ordinator in ESO, though I understand it was just a polite form of an advice to leave. This matter was between me and Sheezabeast only, we discussed his Ember Dres character. Though other players could just pass by, they somehow felt insulted the very same way I had been insulted by the unwanted claims of Sheezabeast's character. Moreover, I remember you told me not to make it personal, to separate these players type from their characters - people could be offended.. So look what I've been written in response though I followed your advice.. I was not the one to make it personal.

So could you write those guys the same type of a message to support me this time? I mean a true supporting message like the ones you've written to me previously: "It's bad to make things personal, you discuss your headcanon though it's a roleplaying section also, it's Fiction and Roleplaying, two separate terms, let me explain you what a roleplaying is, follow @Ilsabet's example and make your own fiction based threads - your headcanon is there for any players who are interested, while players who aren't can carry on as they please, harming no one, etc." ;). Varanis, I have to apologize for this joke, it really is. If you wish to discuss the ways to connect our game characters to lore ones - let's do it, I really like your way of thinking. But I see no reason to discuss each other personally again especially because of my talks to third parties. Don't start it, please. It was only me and Sheezabeast's character. And some other guys.. Humph.. Sometimes it's so hard to communicate with some difficult people.. They just want to argue on any matter, they can't live without making conflicts.. Though I see they have stopped it and so do I.

To clarify where I was misunderstood and offer an apology: My idea was intended as genuine appreciation for your Ordinator guide and acknowledgement that a small guide for joining house Dres would be delightful if you wanted to write one, not a polite hint for you to leave. I'm sorry you took it that way. You have as much right to engage this thread in conversation as any of us. I'm sorry I did not make that clear.

In deference to your request to not keep this going, I will now go back to only reading your comments.
    Edited by VaranisArano on December 15, 2019 4:14PM
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you again, @VaranisArano :). I was not offended, moreover, we have already settled everything and I'm grateful to you for sharing your knowledge on fiction & roleplaying. Though we have different positions on that, I see that roleplaying is the only sphere we do not agree. It's normal for two thoughtful people. There won't be (I hope I'm not forced to make them!) any comments of mine here, I've said all I wanted to say in the post above. I wonder the moderators have not closed this thread from the very beginning of our debates here ;).. It might be nice if they cleared all those debate posts including those of mine to make this thread more friendly, so the future readers and post writers would not read our quarrels on roleplaying styles.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Of course it wasn't the backstory, it was a hyperbolic example of something I expected you wouldn't accept because it was an absolute lie. Me as a former Daedric Prince in ESO :D? No. It's stupid..

Like I said, backstories can be less or more lore-friendly. If you found a way to make it work without contradicting established lore, I wouldn't call you a liar.

That could be an interesting creative exercise, actually, see how much you can get away with without contradicting anything in established lore. :D

My original point stands, though - it's quite easy to create a plausible backstory that isn't contradicted by anything in-game even if it's also not explicitly confirmed by anything in-game. I believe that type of backstory is still perfectly valid for that character, but I can see that that's simply a difference of opinion between us.

It is impressive that you're dedicated enough to your vision of roleplaying to spend so much time and effort on building things in-game. It reminds me of all the time I've spent trying to find a particular stolen treasure item just because it has Darien's name on it. :D
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is impressive that you're dedicated enough to your vision of roleplaying to spend so much time and effort on building things in-game. It reminds me of all the time I've spent trying to find a particular stolen treasure item just because it has Darien's name on it. :D

Your work in your own thread is much greater, Ilsabet. I barely can even imagine the time it took you to create it and write it down. It's magnificent. That is what must be called impressive. Regarding my playing, I won't even make a backstory, I'm not interested in it. I'm fully satisfied with the world the devs created and the role of a player in it. Yeah, I was spawned as an adult there with no backstory - why not? It would be a strange phenomenon IRL, but TES is not life, it's just a tiny model of it. A much simplified one, but it is still a world. Have you heard of that "Last Thursdayism" theory or of the works of XIX century naturalist Philip Henry Gosse like "Omphalos, an attempt to untie the geological Knot"? It works fine in TES. Everything tells us the world existed thousands of years ago, but actually the current world of 2E 582-583 was created 17 years later than the one to come in 740 years in 3E 427 :). A nice "paradox" though incomprehensible by a fellow local NPC. Books and the world itself tell us there were wars, tragedies, different events, but they have never been yet created. The same thing is with characters. NPC will never realize a true nature of a PC (if that NPC is not Sotha Sil, of course). So, no, I'm just a guest on Nirn, I'll just write my story there without any "back-" prefix :).

That Darien's treasure item - was it that romantic correspondence from an anonymous author, directed to Darien Gautier, those Illicit Letters from Windhelm :p?
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Your work in your own thread is much greater, Ilsabet. I barely can even imagine the time it took you to create it and write it down. It's magnificent. That is what must be called impressive. Regarding my playing, I won't even make a backstory, I'm not interested in it. I'm fully satisfied with the world the devs created and the role of a player in it. Yeah, I was spawned as an adult there with no backstory - why not? It would be a strange phenomenon IRL, but TES is not life, it's just a tiny model of it. A much simplified one, but it is still a world. Have you heard of that "Last Thursdayism" theory or of the works of XIX century naturalist Philip Henry Gosse like "Omphalos, an attempt to untie the geological Knot"? It works fine in TES. Everything tells us the world existed thousands of years ago, but actually the current world of 2E 582-583 was created 17 years later than the one to come in 740 years in 3E 427 :). A nice "paradox" though incomprehensible by a fellow local NPC. Books and the world itself tell us there were wars, tragedies, different events, but they have never been yet created. The same thing is with characters. NPC will never realize a true nature of a PC (if that NPC is not Sotha Sil, of course). So, no, I'm just a guest on Nirn, I'll just write my story there without any "back-" prefix :).

That Darien's treasure item - was it that romantic correspondence from an anonymous author, directed to Darien Gautier, those Illicit Letters from Windhelm :p?

Thanks for the nice comments about my thread. It's been an ongoing project in the almost 4 years since I wrote that first post. As I go about questing with Ilsabet, I keep an eye out for quests or experiences or interactions with characters that she would find meaningful or thought-provoking in some way. I honestly never know what I'm going to write about until the experiences happen. I've been pretty lucky that the game provides so much good material to work with.

I'm not familiar with those philosophical theories, but it's an interesting way to think about the microcosm of fictional worlds.

I should probably put Darien's naughty letters on my list too, but the ones I've been going after are a couple of blankets:

ce0e83a90540f4e524c8ab06a6ac1ce69718e018.png

I mean I think we can all agree that Ilsabet would qualify for one or both of those blankets. Sadly nobody she's shamelessly robbed politely inquired of in Glenumbra or Rivenspire has been willing to part with one.
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • wolfbone
    wolfbone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well, my wood elf night blade werewolf knew darien before meridia took him, and since has sworn revenge on her. played through the daggerfall quest line, and he was really looking forward to their drink in a tavern till he vnaisehd in cold harbour
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Like a lot of others I tend to avoid making these types of relationships for my characters. It typically feels better to headcanon/design my own for my characters to interact with. A lot of the time I will ''use'' ingame characters for this and pretend they're other people I made up, especially for followers in Oblivion or Skyrim since I don't know how to mod my own.

I headcanon relationships between my khajiit assassin and Teinaava and Ocheeva from Oblivion, and interactions between my argonian master mage and Sinderion the nirnroot guy, but that's pretty much it
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • ServerusEcru
    ServerusEcru
    ✭✭✭
    I think it is quite immersive to have a character who is connected to someone in lore. A lot of old school Rpers avoid it, but I think it makes the world more real with a family and residence to connect to. I made my main character the cousin of King Fahara'jad. He is a Forebear who lives in Sentinel as a Knight of the Order. Our guild is even the Knighthood in TES lore called Order of the Candle. I also made my Necromancer Tu'whacca the Tricky himself. The Redguard's in this era are soft and need a god to lead them. One who does not fear necromancy or magicka, but embraces it.
    Edited by ServerusEcru on February 4, 2020 4:02AM
    "Train your opponent to make the wrong response." — The Book of Circles, By Loredas Maxims
    NA/PC/ Order of the Candle
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, the concept I had in mind for my main char was a Dunmer who grew up in an environment full of mages, alchemists and really eccentric and haughty people - such as his parents ;) So I thought I'd make him part of the Andrethi family, which is very huge and had been mainly associated with House Telvanni since centuries. Sarayn, by the way, is a rather uncommon and outdated name by that time, hinting on his traditionalist upbringing.

Is he related to anyone in the game? Yes. There are some other family members you meet (not only in Vvardenfell), but they aren't very close and those are only minor NPCs (like vendors or commoners). But in case someone asks, I can refer to them. Also, the Andrethi family has an ancestral tomb (no map marker, but it is there), just west from Balmora.

In case anyone cares, I wrote a little more about him here:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6604922/#Comment_6604922

And in case noone cares - so what. I'm mainly doing this for myself because to me, personally, it is a deeper level of immersion, which I really enjoy.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Monte_Cristo
    Monte_Cristo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My newest character is Princess Alica of Wayrest. Daughter of King Emeric and Queen Maraya. Was supposed tp be called Natalia, but that was 2 letters too long.
  • NorroenDyrd
    NorroenDyrd
    ✭✭
    My newest character is Princess Alica of Wayrest. Daughter of King Emeric and Queen Maraya. Was supposed tp be called Natalia, but that was 2 letters too long.

That is so adorable! I find Emeric and Maraya to be a fascinating couple, in that their marriage seemed to be arranged but they eventually came to care for one another (or at least, it's important for Emeric that Maraya cares for him, as evidenced in his nightmares).

As for myself, I do a lot of OC/NPC (and some OC/OC) shipping! Plus, some of my Vestiges are the ancestors of my Dragonborns (for instance, my Orcs are all related to each other). As for familial connections, one of my characters, Wylmina Adrys, is the niece of Mel Adrys the vampire hunter and, ironically, a vampire herself and a member of House Ravenwatch.
  • Kalik_Gold
    Kalik_Gold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of my characters have back stories with lore characters or quest lines...

The most prominent names are my Imperials and Nord listed here:

Cinan Tharn - illegitimate unknown son of Abnur Tharn. A drunk whose mother told him about his father taking advantage of her, and not claiming him as his own.

Tyrus Septim - no blood relation to Tiber Septim, his Cyrodillic family name, was used/given to Talos in later years. Talos becomes Tiber Septim and goes on to make the Septim name historical. Currently Tyrus is just a ruffian ex-soldier protecting the Tharn family.

Bates Vesuius of Dawnstar - Great-Great-Grandfather to Silus Vesuius....

Movárth Piquine - currently a member of the Fighters guild. Will go on to become - Movarth Piquine
    Main: (PvP & PvE)
    Ras Kalik a Redguard Templar, the Vestige

PvP:
    Aurik Siet'ka a Redguard Necromancer
    Cacique the Sage of Ius a Redguard Warden
    Jux Blackheart a Redguard Nightblade
    Goliath of Hammerfell a Redguard Dragonknight
    Kaotik Von Dae'mon a Redguard* Sorcerer

PvP: (Specialty)
    Tyrus Septim an Imperial Lycan Sorcerer
    Tsar af-Bomba a Redguard Vampiric Nightblade
    Movárth Piquine a Nord Vampiric Necromancer
    Uri Ice-Heart the Twin a Nord Vampiric Warden

PvE:
    Cinan Tharn an Imperial Dragonknight
    Bates Vesuius of Dawnstar an Imperial Dragonknight
    Herzog Zwei the Genesis an Akavari* Templar
    Tav'i at-Shinji a Redguard** Warden
    Lucky Hunch the Gambler - a Redguard Nightblade

Leveling...
    Zenovia at-Tura a Redguard** Sorcerer
    Yesi af-Kalik a Redguard Templar
    Voa a Priest of Sep a Redguard* Necromancer
    ======
    Passives of another race used. (RP)
    *Breton
    **Imperial

__________________________Backstories:_________________________

Ras Kalik the Vestige, a renown Redguard warrior; He has been blessed to save Tamriel from Molag Bal’s destructive Planemeld while reuniting the Five Companions. His further accomplishments after defeating Molag Bal, has been to stop the destruction of Morrowind, the Clockwork City, return order to the isle of Summerset and create a new king in Wrothgar and a queen in Elsywer. These events have made him a living legend and continue to lead him into new adventures throughout Tamriel, as well as into the hearts of many ladies including the Elf Queen, Aryenn. Over many years of adventurous travels, Ras Kalik had become a loner, until he re-visited his homeland of Alik'r.

Alik'r and it's cities were overrun by the undead Ra-Netu and therefore he made an allegiance with Alik'r's own Ash'abah tribe. These Ash'abah with his help, cleansed the city of Sentinel in Alik'r desert and it's surrounding areas of the undead brought to life by the Withered Hand. After rescuing Sentinel from the undead zombies, King Fahara’jad’s personal bodyguard the Goliath of Hammerfell, who was given this name by Imperials in the region; was asked to assist the tribe after learning of the defeat of the Withered Hand to the Ash'abah. Kalik promised Goliath he would task him with fighting living enemies on the battlefield if he so desired. Goliath being a Yokudan warrior wields a massive sword in respect to the Ansei, a gift given by the Imperial, Cinan Tharn. Not many soldiers are able to wield double two handed weapons, but Goliath loves to get up and personal in a fight, so he also carries a giant maul, both weapons laced with magical flames.

Jux Blackheart is a master thief that masquerades as a Bard at the Sisters of the Sands inn, with his younger sidekick Lucky Hunch for pilfering and gambling during this time. Jux was known to infiltrate any towns bank vault he came across and even delved into Ayelid ruins without detection. Kalik can vividly recall the night he met the famed thief. Jux found himself rummaging thru a slightly inebriated Kalik’s pocket for too long, on a full-mooned night and because of his greed and the glimmer of his golden armor in the moonlight. He lost his left pinky fingertip as a lesson! But in return, he gained a new friend, as it was his first time since a child being caught red-handed...

Upon arrival back in the Alik'r after many moons of adventuring, Ras Kalik ventures to Bergama. Visiting The Winking Jackal, he runs into Jux Blackheart, who introduces him to the coin game Crowns vs Forebearers (Heads vs Tails) and Golden Dwemer (RBG).... Jux constantly takes gold from the unfortunate thru theft or gambling, his biggest gambling victim is actually his partner in crime known as Lucky Hunch the Gambler. Lucky doesn't mind losing any gold coins to Jux... as Jux saved him from Altmer slavers in Summerset, by stealing a key and sending him on a boat to the mainland years prior. Lucky spent years in slavery with Khajiits in Summerset and picked up the art of subterfuge, using illusion magic disguises and stealing there.

Kaotik Von’Daemon an outcast, and a half-caste between a Breton mother and a Redguard father. Kaotik become a pariah due to his conjuration of Daedra pets. He was taught healing magic during his childhood years by his Breton mother. His father due to Redguard customs exiled him from the desert, sending him by wagon caravan to be a soldier in the war in Cyrodiil. He happened to meet Kalik while traveling from Alik'r, during this long caravan ride the caravan he was in was ambushed in Bangkorai by a group of bandits. Kalik by chance was also traveling thru this area on his Auridon Warhorse (which was bestowed to him by his friend, Darien Gautier). During this ambush, Kalik was able to rescue five hostages from the bandits. Kaotik was the first rescued, and Ras Kalik also recruited him to be in the Ash'abah tribe. These core Ash'abah tribesmen may never be seen together in travel as they partake in their own adventures but they always know what each other is doing; as they frequent a hideout in northern Bankorai. Their hideout an old Orc castle ruin, is kept watch by Nuzhimeh and she passes messages written between them, and frequently they also enjoy her company and her bed.

The other men rescued were a Dunmer banker, an Imperial mercenary and two other soldiers, an Imperial and a Breton Knight, stating proudly he was an Akavir descendent. One of the Imperials, Cinan, claimed to be related to Abnur Tharn the Battlemage of the Imperial Elder Council (One of Ras Kalik's mentors in the Five Companions). Cinan Tharn was really Abnur's drunkard treasure hunting illegitimate son. He was caught smuggling artifacts out of the Ayleid ruins in Cyrodiil and the elder of the two Imperials was Tyrus Septim a retired Imperial navy battle-mage (now a Lycan mercenary living in the city of Rimmen) and guard to the Tharn family. As much as Abnur Tharn hated his half-sister Euraxia, he dislikes his bas†ard son Cinan more. Tyrus now a ruffian and privateer had been paid by Abnur Tharn to watch over Cinan as much as possible. Cinan Tharn a drunkard, loves to drink at least a quarter barrel of Nord mead before he raids various delves and dungeons for relics to sell on the black market. Cinan also plans to one day, run an illegal gambling ring... which he thinks will net him more gold for his wares.

The Dunmer captive shackled to the Imperials looked familiar to Kalik from his time in Morrowind.... and he recognized him as Tythis Andromo a House Telvanni slave-owner and banker from Vvardenfell. During a rough interrogation to Tythis, Ras Kalik learnt why the bandits accosted him. The racist Dunmer was providing slaves as soldiers for the Three Banner War. The bandits were trying to negotiate a lucrative ransom for Andromo and the Imperials.... Kalik did not need any of this gold and he could never set Tythis free as he did with the two Imperial soldiers. His past involvement with slavery and war crimes, made Kalik's blood boil. He chose not to execute Tythis, as he figured the worse punishment for this former rich and opulent slave owner, is to now be an imprisoned servant for Ras Kalik and the tribe.

Herzog Zwei the Genesis a reknown Imperial/Akavirri battle-mage. His roots going back to Akavir through his mother’s bloodline. (His mother is descended from the Akaviri, through Versidue-Shae, and his Imperial father met her in Hakoshae, while traveling) Herzog earned the nickname "the Genesis" from his father as a child, as he was his mother's first born child, and last, as she tragically died in child-birth.

Herzog was seeking to purchase an artifact from Cinan Tharn, before their capture and was meeting Tyrus while in Rimmen, who introduced him to Cinan. This artifact being the Ayelid artifact; the sword Sinweaver. After their rescue and the exchange of gold to Cinan for the sword he decided to slip away before Ras Kalik could question who he was, and why the Akavir descendant really wanted that sword. Herzog was headed to Nagastani — An Ayleid ruin in eastern Cyrodiil. He had read in scrolls that the Sword would give him magical powers to meet his mothers spirit, if he performed an Ayleid ritual at an old shrine hidden there. Equipped with the artifact sword, he was off to start his own adventure but Ras Kalik, did indeed notice the sword however and instead sent a letter to Jux Blackheart (whom also was interested in Ayleid treasures), to attempt to find Herzog and acquire the sword. (*Azani Blackheart in Elder Scroll's Oblivion is Jux's descendant some 747 years later)

And so the Redguard, Imperial and Akaviri men parted ways ... While Ras Kalik went off to Elsweyr to encounter the latest threat to Tamriel, with Abnur Tharn and Sai Sahan - - DRAGONS!! Little did Ras Kalik know a few people were awaiting him in Senchal besides Sai. A necromancer survived his attack on the Withered Hand, while in Alik'r. The necromancer known as Auriek Siet'ka is also following him to the land of the Khajiits and Cacique the Sage of Ius a Shaman mystic who has become attuned spiritually with Tu'whacca (a Redguard God) and Ius (the Animal God), after being burned severely by the escaped dragons in Elsywer, is awaiting his arrival also. Aurik is a soldier of the Daggerfall Covenant that was introduced to necromancy while in the military, even though this magicka art is not spoken of openly by most of the Military leaders. He came to Alik'r and worked with the Withered Hand before Ras Kalik intervened on their plans. After the defeat of the Withered Hand, he aligned with the Worm Cult, and is constantly adapting and perfecting his necromantic arts.

After his journey to Rimmen, Kalik heads south to Senchal, in the southern regions of Elyswer. This new adventure will also put him on a path to meet a strange Redguard man. The stranger which was infected with an untreated Peyrite disease and also was the exiled from the Order of the New Moon cult, due to his sickness. He originally joined the cult to worship Laatvulon, the green dragon, mistakenly thinking it was the Daedric prince Peyrite. This confused and suffering cultist is known as Tsar al-Bomba and he is on a path to spread the disease. He was originally infected in Orccrest while recruiting members there. Can Ras Kalik and the shaman Cacique cure this poor soul, only time will tell. Little does Tsar al-Bomba know, that his infection is tied to Vampirism, and eventually the desire for blood will take over his mind. Senchal also offers Kalik his latest love interest... Aeliah. Whom he fondly led thru battles with the Dragonguard.

After the trek thru the heat, tropical and desert climate of Northern and Southern Elyswer, Ras Kalik heads north to the cold mountain range of Skyrim. His companion friend Lyris beckons for him with a letter sent by crow...

Movárth Piquine - a former vampire hunter (now infected), within the Fighter's Guild (and a secretive necromancer) was in Skyrim working with the Morthaal Guard. On a patrol mission he was caught in Frewien's ice curse outside of Morthaal with the frozen undead. Movárth's vampiric infection kept him from becoming an undead minion to the curse. He was able to use necromantic ice-magic to encase himself safely until he was freed with Freiwen, when the Vestige Ras Kalik broke the curse.

Uri Ice-Heart - brother of Urfon Ice-Heart. The twin sons of Atli and Oljourn Ice-Heart. The Ice-Heart family are originally from Markarth but now reside on the Jerall Mountain range near Cyrodiil, with their younger sister Araki. The twins had joined the Winterborn Reachmen while living in Markarth. Urfon pushed west to Orsinium with the Winterborn Clan, leaving his family behind. Uri stayed behind with his parents and sister to live in the family cabin for safety, avoiding the Vampire plague infiltrating the Reach. After news reaches him and he hears of Urfon's death... Uri leaves and heads home and is seeking vengeance. Meanwhile, his sister has also moved on to Windhelm to join the Fighter's guild. He will visit his sister, once before going to seek vengeance and she will craft him armor mixed with ice, called Stalhrim armor. Uri fearing death, after his brother's passing, falls victim to the convincing talk of Movárth at a Nordic tavern, and will also becomes a vampire.

{time moves forward through the hour-glass}
    PS5/NA - Ras Kalik a Redguard Templar - Daggerfall Covenant • 1550+ Champion