Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

7/10 matches start with one or two players less

techprince
techprince
✭✭✭✭✭
Thats a staggering 70% rate of uneven matches.
Match should not start without all 4 players, even if it takes more time to start. Your programming logic says the remaining players will get filled automatically, hence the matches start with less than 4 players. This does not happen most of the time. And when it DOES happen, the score difference will be so high, it will be impossible to match. I have seen literally 2/10 matches getting a win with less players or when the queue fills the 4th player midround. Thats again 20% chances of winning.

Round should not start without 4 players, period.
Edited by techprince on December 8, 2019 5:00PM
  • Asys
    Asys
    ✭✭✭✭
    yea its stinkin stupid starting matches without full teams. But hey, zos logic
    I need TP for my ***!
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sadly but it is true.
    Because I can!
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As an alternative, it it's just that hard to get 12 whole players for a match, why not reduce ALL teams down to 3 if necessary so at least the team sizes still match?
  • wild_kmacdb16_ESO
    wild_kmacdb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As an alternative, it it's just that hard to get 12 whole players for a match, why not reduce ALL teams down to 3 if necessary so at least the team sizes still match?

I think they should just modify MMR to be less restrictive. There isn't the population to support the current iteration.

Just have Beginner Tier as one bracket and then everyone else in another.
  • Kostic
    Kostic
    Soul Shriven
    Whatever they fixed this last patch has caused more problem than it fixed. Cmon zos, this game is 5 years old. Please fix this mess.
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm. BG group maker is totaly broken. Wanted to play BG on the weekend since Cyro performance is garbage. First match started 4/2/1. After 6 minute the match ended because those remaining three oponents had left the game.
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just confirming, yesterday there was only 2 games I played with full teams.
  • quickblade418
    quickblade418
    ✭✭✭
    why not just remove one team , and do a 4v4 , tired of this third party thing, a battleground should be A vs B , thats it . Not enought players anyways for full 3 teams. Also if BG start with less than 4 players , well just too bad, looks like they removed the ability for new players arrival once a game start.
    NA PC

EP
    - Ishkashi - Magplar
    - Orchish - Stamplar
    - Amerikan Knight - Stam DK
    - Déàth - Mag DK
    - Psychic Venom - Mag NB
    - Made in Quebec - Stam NB
    - Death'inately not Dëäth - Stamden

DC
    - Dëàth - Mag DK
    - Death-îsh - Magden

AD
    - Lìfe - Magden
    - Déäth - Mag DK
  • Xebov
    Xebov
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think they should just modify MMR to be less restrictive. There isn't the population to support the current iteration.

Just have Beginner Tier as one bracket and then everyone else in another.

Given that i regularly have to play against players with very high PvP ranks that faceroll everything i have my doubts that MMR is even working.
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe 1/20 matches start with 4/4/4 players
  • azjuwelz
    azjuwelz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Definite issues--and I think 3x3x3 would be fine. Especially considering my most recent BG was 3x2x2.

I doubt they'd switch to 2 teams because of the 3 motifs.
    Xbox-NA
    Guildmaster of Nightmothers Deadly Deals

PVE/PVP Stamblade: Ylandra Silverthorn
    PVE Magwarden healer: Raw'zl Dah Zel
    PVE DK Tank: Greta Feuerwerk
    PVP StamDK: Helga Feuerwerk
    PVP Necro Healer: Dratha Helbain
    PVE Magcro: Dorian Fey
    PVE Magblade: Arivssa Thaoral
    PVE Magsorc: Eldara Birchwood
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can add to that : if people are failing in bg, they will quit quickly thanks to the 5-min deserter penalty. They just won't try hard until the match has ended and they will gladly leave their comrades when some games are just winnable, but you just got to work for it.
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • LinearParadox
    LinearParadox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, there's dozens of threads about it. We know, they know, and best as anyone can tell, they don't care.
    Either way, it's the holidays right now, so there's no way it's getting fixed anytime soon.
    Or ever, if their track record is factored in.
    twitch.tv/linearparadox
    Benthar the Unkillable - lvl 50 StamDK - AD
    High Confessor Celosia - lvl 50 MagDK, AD
    Aeolyndra Sunstrider - lvl 50 Magplar Support God, AD
    Maldreth Angala - lvl 50 Magicka PetSorc, AD
    Veldrosa Wyldwind - lvl 50 StamSorc, AD
    M. Night Shatupon - lvl 50 MagBlade, AD
    Vestonia Ironhardt - lvl 50 Warden GuardTank, AD
    Bone Daddy - lvl 50 Stamcro, AD
    Abra Kedaver - lvl 50 Magcro, AD
    CP 1100+
  • MerguezMan
    MerguezMan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm it's also the case on xbox BGs.

Being in a 2-player team against 2x 4-players teams is intimidating.

Even weirder, managed to win a chaosball match in this configuration...

So,

- the group finder is still broken
    - I'd also rather 3v3v3 than 2v4v4
    - there is probably an issue with player level grouping, maybe the groupfinder could group us to have an equivalent in average AP points earned per character ? (so we get something like 1 pro pvper, 1 average player, and 1 noob pvper, per team - not perfect, but better balanced than what we have right now)

- there is an issue with how is balanced players HP/ damage dots/ self-healing in pvp
    - damage should be buffed back, and/or maybe the "battlespirit" hp buff we get in BGs is not so relevant in current balance ?