The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Character Progression - Leveling (Speculation Post)

PrimusNephilim
PrimusNephilim
✭✭✭✭✭
It's been close to a year now without an increase in the Champion Point system and you can't help but notice we're seeing a lot more players running around Tamreial at level 810 than you did this time last year. There's been no real discussion that I've seen on what their plan is for character progression will be, but I'm thinking they have a plan already in place, they're just not ready to talk about it. Before they reveal this plan, they've been allowing players to reach 810, so to be "Fully Leveled", so that when the next leveling system is revealed, most players will be fully leveled. Maybe they'll remove the CP system altogether and replace it with another system and by allowing people to "catch up" they'll be less of a fallout from the community when the new system is implemented.

I don't know but I was just thinking out loud and wanted to see what other opinions were on this subject.

~Cheers
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think players are getting antsy about wanting some type of progression.

I think players are getting fed up about hearing nothing about any rework plans or insight on what direction this system is moving in.

I think things are going stagnant fast, especially if you've been stuck at 810 for awhile.

I think the community after a year deserves to know something about what they have in mind for CP and progression in general.

You don't have to like CP, but I think we'd all agree we'd like to know what the hell is going on with it. Been FAR TOO LONG!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last time I recall ZOS addressing it was the Combat Q&A for Update 23, where they said:
    Q: When do you expect to start reworking/auditing the Champion Point system?
    A: We’re actually working on it internally right now, but in terms of when we’re going to get something out publicly, that’s not anytime soon.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/490953/u23-combat-q-a/p1

From the same Q&A, we know that they are still working through the class identity portion of their overhaul, as Nightblades and Templars wait their turn. ZOS also hasn't touched gear yet, so it could be a while yet.
  • PrimusNephilim
    PrimusNephilim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in agreement, we should have some type of character progression and its been a year now. With little coming out for whats planed for 2020, I'm hoping they'll announce something about the leveling system when they reveal next years plans on the next chapter.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last time I recall ZOS addressing it was the Combat Q&A for Update 23, where they said:
    A: We’re actually working on it internally right now, but in terms of when we’re going to get something out publicly, that’s not anytime soon.

From the same Q&A, we know that they are still working through the class identity portion of their overhaul, as Nightblades and Templars wait their turn. ZOS also hasn't touched gear yet, so it could be a while yet.

And even the Q&A referd to was in August, if I remember right.

So, even still, the last we heard anything was 3 months ago...
    Edited by Kel on December 10, 2019 3:00PM
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

RIP nightblades and templars...
  • Kuwhar
    Kuwhar
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be honest, the CP system is one of the better end-game progression systems I've seen in an MMO.

Obviously not perfect; but i'd prefer more of a rebalance as opposed to an outright overhaul because the concept is solid.

I think they just need to limit how far into different trees you can go and force you to "spec" into a specific constellation.

Maybe by letting players choose an actual "birthsign" so we can choose to specialize in a mitigation tree or damage or healing etc.

From there we can basically go on forever in our chosen tree (with highly diminished returns) but it would be balanced against the fact we are limited in the other constellations.

Maybe even make the new tree cost 3CP per point, so the gains are that much slower.

I dunno, just throwing ideas out.

• January1171
    January1171
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would expect it will be announced after the planned performance updates for 2020
  • ProfessorKittyhawk
    ProfessorKittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Elsweyr announcement is when they first mentioned not raising the cap and looking at working something else out. I would expect some mention of what they're working on with the next chapter announcement. Would be a year since they announced no increase so, hopefully we hear something after a year of them discussing/working on it.