Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Any suggestions for Mac gaming mouse?

upquark
upquark
✭✭
I’m looking for a decent gaming mouse for my Mac and wondered if anyone had suggestions, especially for ESO gameplay.

Thanks.
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yup, I'd be interested in know other people's experiences of using any gaming mice on the Mac.

I'm currently using a (Victsing 7 button mouse), which is fine, but I'd like one that was more customisable.

Razr Naga seems like it requires PC only 3rd party software to configure, which obviously rules that out.

Anyone had any experiences of using gaming mice for Macs?
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure how many buttons you would like on the mouse but I prefer the Logitech G502 (three versions now including wireless but it's EXPENSIVE).

I've been using the G502 for gaming for four or so years. It works well for me because I use the keyboard for casting my skills, directional movement, roll dodging and the mouse for blocking, light/heavy attacks, direction, bar swapping and synergies.

I know a lot of people don't like or use the kb and mouse as I do and think my method of playing ESO is cumbersome. But for me it works well. I cannot access the little buttons on the MMO mice as others seem to be able to do without severe discomfort in my hand.

Using the kb and mouse as I do I never get fatigued and can play as long as I like.
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey Jan

Do all the buttons on the G502 function in ESO? I found that some of the buttons on mine, like the up/down ones by the scroll wheel, don't register in ESO at all as they don't seem to register on the Mac.

11 buttons would be an improvement on the 5 I currently have.

I would probably use it in the same way you do, so KB for skills and movement/sprint; Mouse for block, interrupt, bar swop, LA, HA, ultimate, synergies, mount/dismount, stealth, quick slot etc
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do not use mouse/kb since the times of Silkroad Online (great memories). I'm very satisfied with the PS4 dual shock, that I tried on iMac and MacBook, with or without Steam. On a Win machine, however (with Steam ofc) it shows an annoying high sensitivity on R3 (so the camera goes often up and down), that I've not been able to correct by any means (the Xbox controller work well, needless to say)
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also, anyone else have any experiences of using the Logitech G502

https://www.logitechg.com/en-gb/products/gaming-mice/g502-hero-gaming-mouse.html#product-tech-specs

It sounds good and says it works with Mac, but it would be super helpful to know other people had used it successfully.

• JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FierceSam wrote: »
    Hey Jan

Do all the buttons on the G502 function in ESO? I found that some of the buttons on mine, like the up/down ones by the scroll wheel, don't register in ESO at all as they don't seem to register on the Mac.

11 buttons would be an improvement on the 5 I currently have.

I would probably use it in the same way you do, so KB for skills and movement/sprint; Mouse for block, interrupt, bar swop, LA, HA, ultimate, synergies, mount/dismount, stealth, quick slot etc

All the buttons work in ESO for me. There are two buttons on the left top edge that are not programmable (I think those are what you are pointing out). Those buttons change the DPI sensitivity. I used the Logitech software and made mine so no matter what, when I press on those two buttons the sensitivity does not change.

In the past I did not do this and in heavy combat would bump one of those buttons and whoosh....sensitivity changed and that was not good. LOL.

One of the main reasons I chose the G502 is because it is a bit larger than any other Mouse's I have tried and it fits my hand. Very comfortable to use and I never get fatigued even with long gaming periods of 10 or more hours.

Take care!
  • henrycupcakerwb17_ESO
    upquark wrote: »
    I’m looking for a decent gaming mouse for my Mac and wondered if anyone had suggestions, especially for ESO gameplay.

Thanks.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FNJB8TT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I find that the Logitech MX Vertical Wireless Mouse – Advanced Ergonomic Design Reduces Muscle Strain was such a great gaming mouse for lengthy gaming season
  • upquark
    upquark
    ✭✭
    FierceSam wrote: »
    Also, anyone else have any experiences of using the Logitech G502

https://www.logitechg.com/en-gb/products/gaming-mice/g502-hero-gaming-mouse.html#product-tech-specs

It sounds good and says it works with Mac, but it would be super helpful to know other people had used it successfully.

Two years later, and I finally stopped procrastinating and got the G502 Hero.
    Downloaded and installed the hub.
    ESO desktop profile automatically found by the hub and installed.

The 5 buttons on the mouse are set up for the skill slots and that was really what I needed most.
    Combat maneuverability and skills activation have improved 300% because I'm no longer jostling direction with skill slots, because they're now all controlled with mouse.

I replace my index finger with my middle finger on the left button of the mouse
    My index finger controls the top two buttons to the left (slots 3 and 4 on ability bar).
    My thumb then controls the bottom three (1, 2 and then 5 is the front one).
    Blood pressure and swearing are lowered.
    Plus, the mouse itself is so much more maneuverable and DPI has great adjustment controls in the hub UI.

Less hand fatigue, less spazzy behavior trying to maneuver and activate abilities, fewer oopses, and less swearing.

So, for anybody playing on Mac and wondering about a possible better setup, this appears to be a good choice so far.

Screenshot attached.4oz1rtu9w6vf.jpg

• vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been using Corsair Scimitar and Razer Naga, both of them works very well on my MacBook for ESO.

Edit: without any software installed, both can just simply plugged in and used
    Edited by vgabor on January 5, 2022 11:05AM
  • Mophett
    Mophett
    Not easy to get in Europe so much now but the Logitech G600 works great on Mac with G Hub software kept up to date and allows me to control Logic and Final Cut easily, although it maybe a bit overboard for ESO as you really only need 6-8 buttons at the most.