The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Torn between Brand of Imperium and Roar of Alkosh sets

Wildx1337
Wildx1337
✭✭
Hello

As the title suggests I'm absolutely torn between which set I should use. I've been using this build for quite some time https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k2BB1mIJmM and I never really had any problem with any content in the game. I always easily managed to clear both vet dungeons and normal trials. But now I actually wanted to try out vet trials but in the meantime, I heard many bad opinions about BoI set that I've been using all that time and that RoA is a must-have for trials now. This is where my question comes. As a templar tank who uses Ebony and Lord Warden should I run with BoI or RoA or maybe something entirely different?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In vet trials, if you are running with a decently organized group, the raid leader will let you know what they want you to wear. It does not come down to the tanks choice and I have seen a tank kicked from the group because they refused to comply. Those sets depend on being MT or OT, the instance and what the other tank is wearing. However, you seem to be aware of this already. I cannot begin to tell you how many sets I have for tanking.

I cannot tell you how many sets I have for tanking. You seem to be ahead of the curve for someone who has not been tanking vet trials yet. Good luck and enjoy.
  • T3hasiangod
    T3hasiangod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In a group, Brands of Imperium is regarded as bad because it provides no group utility. Increasing group survivability is not the same as providing group utility in this regard. Healers should be providing more than enough survivability with layered HoTs. By using Brands of Imperium, you are giving one of many potential benefits:

* Extra penetration via Alkosh (which is at least 6 to 7 percent increased damage)
    * Extra penetration via Torug's (at least 1 percent increased damage)
    * Yolnahkriin (if not worn by the second tank, which is about a 2 to 3 percent increase in damage)
    * Worm or Hircine (increased sustain is group utility since it allows DPS to sustain their rotation without heavy attacking)
    * Morag Tong (less used now, but can help boost damage in stamina heavy groups)
    PC/NA - Mayflower, Hellfire Dominion

Dro-m'Athra Destroyer - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor - Voice of Reason - Gryphon Heart - The Unchained - Extinguisher of Flames

Tank - Healer - DPS (all classes, all specs)

Youtube - Twitch
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wildx1337 wrote: »
    Hello

As the title suggests I'm absolutely torn between which set I should use. I've been using this build for quite some time https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k2BB1mIJmM and I never really had any problem with any content in the game. I always easily managed to clear both vet dungeons and normal trials. But now I actually wanted to try out vet trials but in the meantime, I heard many bad opinions about BoI set that I've been using all that time and that RoA is a must-have for trials now. This is where my question comes. As a templar tank who uses Ebony and Lord Warden should I run with BoI or RoA or maybe something entirely different?

Well one set is defensive and the other is offensive. Many end game trial groups want one tank to run Alkosh, if that helps.

In 4 person pugs, I would probably choose not to wear Alkosh, because the chances of getting enough synergies is hit and miss... unless of course you are a Necromancer and use the morph to take ones own synergies ;-)

I like both sets and use both on my tanks when I need to.
  • Wildx1337
    Wildx1337
    ✭✭
    Hey sorry for not responding for quite some time but I was really busy

Thank you, everyone, for response. I guess I'll go farming RoA then :)