Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ayleid gate (spoiler)

WeerW3ir
WeerW3ir
✭✭✭✭✭
I need an answer for this from a lore writer.
According to the Murkmire dlc the ayleids have "Nexus gates", (So basicly they had/have Eluvians/Stargates) with their own mid realm to link gates.
eimtxd19v4yz.jpg
z6o8uypc2a1k.jpg
This means the Ayleids/Ancient elves could travel fastly between places without wayshrines. My question is do we see later from nexus gates? And also where was the Nexus gates in TES IV? Or at all before? also where else these are? Its possible to travel between all Ayleid cities/outposts/places?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, TES Arena featured the Eternal Champion using a Shift Gate found in the tunnels beneath the Imperial City (an Ayleid ruin in TES IV Oblivion) to escape to one of the realms in Tamriel.

Allowing for old graphics, it seems similar enough, as a blue-rimmed void.AR-quest-Escape_from_Prison.jpg
  • Claudman
    Claudman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WeerW3ir wrote: »
    According to the Murkmire dlc the ayleids have "Nexus gates", (So basicly they had/have Eluvians/Stargates) with their own mid realm to link gates.
    eimtxd19v4yz.jpg
    z6o8uypc2a1k.jpg
    This means the Ayleids/Ancient elves could travel fastly between places without wayshrines. My question is do we see later from nexus gates? And also where was the Nexus gates in TES IV? Or at all before? also where else these are? Its possible to travel between all Ayleid cities/outposts/places?

Where was the jungle in Oblivion?

Oblivion lacked a lot of juicy lore bits, but it did introduce a lot of it. It was indeed a thing in TES: Arena and it's no surprise that the mighty Ayleids would have a hand in interplanar teleportation.
    Welcome, Moon-and-Star, to this place where destiny is made.

I play healers or DPS often for vet dungeons and trials (NA, CP810+). I play mostly elves or Argonians.
    I primarily play Damage-Based stuff in PvP, but occasionally I'll play something tanky or got the heals.
    I also love gaining more knowledge both metaphysical and mundane regarding TES lore.

I also occasionally role-play, but I prefer playing the game.
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I may have a guess at this, the portals are powered by Welkynd and Vakka stones yes? Perhaps by the time of the later games both stone types are hard to find?

Vakka stones only being in black marsh territory as far as we know, and the Welkynd Stones while found all over Tamriel, the last Great Welkynd Stone gets used in oblivion...

While I think there would be a few Welkynd Stones with enough power to open these gates, I would guess that in the later periods they are either very scarce or locked away in someone’s private collection...

This is just my theory anyway...
    Feel free to poke holes, I’m just offering a theory :smile:

S.A.96
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't reply directly to your question, but already in ESO (classic zones) we got hints of this system:
    check out the story of Salas En and Ne Salas ;)
    ( https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Ne_Salas )
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • Bruccius
    Bruccius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Claudman wrote: »
    eimtxd19v4yz.jpg
    z6o8uypc2a1k.jpg

Oblivion lacked a lot of juicy lore bits, but it did introduce a lot of it. It was indeed a thing in TES: Arena and it's no surprise that the mighty Ayleids would have a hand in interplanar teleportation.

Where was the jungle in ESO?

On topic:
    Even more years of decay, bandits plundering ruins, etc. etc. could have likely resulted in these gates becoming either destroyed or inactive.
  • Claudman
    Claudman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bruccius wrote: »
    eimtxd19v4yz.jpg
    z6o8uypc2a1k.jpg

On topic:
    Even more years of decay, bandits plundering ruins, etc. etc. could have likely resulted in these gates becoming either destroyed or inactive.

ESO couldn't have the jungle even if Zenimax wanted to. Oblivion downright made it impossible to ever showcase it physically since Tiber Septim removed the jungle from Cyrodiil with a shout from past, present and future. Meaning, it literally doesn't exist anymore. However, ESO was cheeky enough to acknowledge the jungle being a thing in the trial, Sanctum Ophidia where a metaphysical entity remembered it as a jungle (the Celestial Serpent, you can see it in the background all metaphysical-like).

On topic, by the time of Oblivion (3rd Era), these portals would only be more scarce due to meddling. So you could argue that's why they weren't in Oblivion.
    Edited by Claudman on November 13, 2018 11:54PM

I play healers or DPS often for vet dungeons and trials (NA, CP810+). I play mostly elves or Argonians.
    I primarily play Damage-Based stuff in PvP, but occasionally I'll play something tanky or got the heals.
    I also love gaining more knowledge both metaphysical and mundane regarding TES lore.

• Bruccius
    Bruccius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eimtxd19v4yz.jpg
    z6o8uypc2a1k.jpg

On topic:

ESO couldn't have the jungle even if Zenimax wanted to. Oblivion downright made it impossible to ever showcase it physically since Tiber Septim removed the jungle from Cyrodiil with a shout from past, present and future. Meaning, it literally doesn't exist anymore. However, ESO was cheeky enough to acknowledge the jungle being a thing in the trial, Sanctum Ophidia where a metaphysical entity remembered it as a jungle (the Celestial Serpent, you can see it in the background all metaphysical-like).

On topic, by the time of Oblivion (3rd Era), these portals would only be more scarce due to meddling. So you could argue that's why they weren't in Oblivion.

Septim removing the Jungles isn't canon. The jungle not being there is explained in ESO in two ways. The Septim-used CHIM alternative doesn't make sense as the land is recorded as jungle even in the late-Third Era.

On topic, agree.
  • Claudman
    Claudman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eimtxd19v4yz.jpg
    z6o8uypc2a1k.jpg

On topic:

Septim removing the Jungles isn't canon. The jungle not being there is explained in ESO in two ways. The Septim-used CHIM alternative doesn't make sense as the land is recorded as jungle even in the late-Third Era.

On topic, agree.

I know ESO claimed it was fluctuations of Aurbical energy (due to slave uprising and the tower fitting the new Empire's needs) or Aedric conflict that caused the jungles to be deduced, but Oblivion claimed it was Septim who did it.

I'm not arguing whether Tiber shouting it away is canon or not. I'm stating by Oblivion commiting to that claim (by having no jungles which indirectly supported the claim), the jungles simply cannot be due to potential backlash from the lore community. Whether it was Aurbical energy, Aedric conflict or Tiber's mystical yelling; the jungles are no more. I personally believe it was just the Tower which mandated it.

• Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eimtxd19v4yz.jpg
    z6o8uypc2a1k.jpg

On topic:

On topic, agree.

I know ESO claimed it was fluctuations of Aurbical energy (due to slave uprising and the tower fitting the new Empire's needs) or Aedric conflict that caused the jungles to be deduced, but Oblivion claimed it was Septim who did it.

I'm not arguing whether Tiber shouting it away is canon or not. I'm stating by Oblivion commiting to that claim (by having no jungles which indirectly supported the claim), the jungles simply cannot be due to potential backlash from the lore community. Whether it was Aurbical energy, Aedric conflict or Tiber's mystical yelling; the jungles are no more. I personally believe it was just the Tower which mandated it.
    Not so like ESO claimed anything.

Lady Cinnabar - the fictionnal character - did.
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Subtropical_Cyrodiil:_A_Speculation

Phrastus - another fictionnal character in ESO - claimed it was a mere mistake.
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:The_Heartland_of_Cyrodiil
    And this makes sense at some point, at least. Did anyone even witnessed the jungles of Cyrodiil in any game? in the first place?

The aurbical theory looks like an in-universe tinfoil-hat theory to me...

But one way or another, I do know that if one wants to believe, he will believe, regardless of evidence, that's some principle of fantasy after all ^^
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • Claudman
    Claudman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ajaxandriel

That's what I was referring to when I said, ESO claimed. :|
    It's not outlandish to believe that a Tower (a metaphysical constructed designed to maintain Nirn, shown to hold a lot of power) to change an entire biome.

But, we're digressing far too off-topic and are discussing aurbical/Nirn lore when the main topic is Ayleid portals/gates.

With ESO taking place in the Second Era, a lot of outlandish and metaphysical artifacts will lie bare. The Second Era is remarkably close to the First Era. It is an Era between the times of mundane and metaphysical. We've seen a lot of strange things already in ESO. I wouldn't be surprised if there are more odd experiences/artifacts to come that are stranger than Ayleid portals, the Dream and Sload neuromancy.

Just imagine when the Ayleids were around using these fancy portals.
    Edited by Claudman on November 17, 2018 2:04AM

• WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ajaxandriel

That's what I was referring to when I said, ESO claimed. :|
    It's not outlandish to believe that a Tower (a metaphysical constructed designed to maintain Nirn, shown to hold a lot of power) to change an entire biome.

But, we're digressing far too off-topic and are discussing aurbical/Nirn lore when the main topic is Ayleid portals/gates.

With ESO taking place in the Second Era, a lot of outlandish and metaphysical artifacts will lie bare. The Second Era is remarkably close to the First Era. It is an Era between the times of mundane and metaphysical. We've seen a lot of strange things already in ESO. I wouldn't be surprised if there are more odd experiences/artifacts to come that are stranger than Ayleid portals, the Dream and Sload neuromancy.

Just imagine when the Ayleids were around using these fancy portals.

About White-Gold.:
    The Ayleids built their White Gold Tower to reflect Tower Zero, Ada-Mantia, in the center of Tamriel, in order to best echo and even amplify Ada-Mantia's mystical properties. They used the Chim-el-Adabal as their Stone, as it was purportedly the crystallized blood from the Heart of Lorkhan which fell to the ground as the Heart sailed over the Heartlands, and the so called Tel Var Stones that were built into the Tower may also have acted as Stones of White-Gold. Through their powerful machinations, their tower of White-Gold became Tower One (though history records that Crystal-Like-Law was erected before the White Gold Tower). It has also been called simply the White Tower. The Ayleids' purpose in building their Tower was to counteract the spiritual bleeding from Mundus caused by the Convention at Ada-Mantia, to make a focus point for reuniting the mortal realm with the divine. To this end, they entered into a pact with the Daedric Princes to harvest castaway creatia from the Void.

It is noteworthy that the Ayleids built more than a just the central tower: with eight lesser towers forming a ring around White-Gold, the Ayleids had built their own Wheel, which apparently gave the Tower of White-Gold a power over creatia unlike any other Tower. This special power also made White-Gold especially dangerous, for if the Ayleids succeeded in making their own Wheel, their own microcosm within a microcosm, then if and when it was meddled with, the consequences could prove absolutely disastrous.

In other mentions the Ayleid memories mention Cyrodiil as a Jungle at the time of building. But as you mentioned the tower with Septims progression changed the biom to maintain the perfect environment for 'Imperials'.

About the Crystal-Like-Law.: Its a 'Lighthouse'. a 'Beacon' between realms. Its Exist in every possible realm and capable of connect those realms as we seen in the last quest.

Since the Ayleids' were able to make and build these towers. I guess. some some 'stargate technology.' with vakka stones and other stones are some weekend fun for them. They basicly had to quickly move between places if they basicly ruled half Tamriel before. And some weak portals are not strong enough to maintain a full gate. imagine that their army walk into the gate and come out on the other side. a quick transport to win a war and maintain power on tamriel. off course their empire is collapsed after a time and separated into smaller groups without connection tto eachother. (Murkmire city).

The Realm with Nexus gates i suppose a real realm to connect gates. Because enormous(hope that it how its written XD) magical energy needed to keep up the gate. the stones are the key to them. But in this case. They are working like wayshrines. So that mean if they were able to leave Tamriel then its possible that other continents have ayleid Nexus gates too. and you just have to find the key. :hushed: (unless they are destroyed. which is not so new). But my theory about gates is that the Ayleids' destroyed the gates to maintain their isolation from other Ayleid 'groups/tribes'. And the gates which exist like the Murkmire ones just survived this because the murkmire expedition failed.
  • lillfox
    lillfox
    ✭✭
    I had thought it was odd there is a player house named Cyrodillic Jungle House.
    Now the name makes more sense.
    =^-.-^=