Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Music Boxes

Michae
Michae
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I love the idea of music boxes, the first one has served me very well and now I'm gonna get the three available. I wanted to show them a little appreciation here.
Although I think they could use more characteristic melodies as those used are nice but made to be more of a background ambience than something you actively listen to. Still love them, just suggesting something else for the future.

Nerevar Rising or A Land of War and Poetry would be great for example. Check this out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAjI8nHjQt8
Edited by Michae on April 5, 2019 7:47AM
"I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd buy a musi box like that if it was a physical object and actually made of good materials and not some plastic or resin.
  • AefionBloodclaw
    AefionBloodclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm listening to the ESO Morrowind soundtrack currently and ones for Morrowind would be awesome, especially A Land of War and Poetry, Azura's Coast and Grazelands Dawn.
    Edited by AefionBloodclaw on April 8, 2019 7:25AM
    'For love, for friendship and for valour, I stand with the Aldmeri Dominion.'

Zephyrle Starbreeze, Bosmer Nightblade
    Aefion Bloodclaw, Bosmer Sorcerer
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are the music boxes a collectable or a regular furniture piece?
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They are furniture. You get them in your inventory.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Wrathmane
    Wrathmane
    ✭✭✭
    You my friend get an awesome!....... ES3 Morrowind is still to this day one of the Best games out there.
    Sha'ria Wrathmane - Belora Wrathmane - Leora Wrathmane
    Former Head of Recruitment for Vokundein
  • Vehlir
    Vehlir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nerevar Rising Musicbox is an instant buy for me when/if they release it.

Very well done video in the OP!
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Michae wrote: »

That's a shame. I'd buy if they were a collectable. But if they're furniture, that means they can only go in one house per purchase, right?
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • PocketNova
    PocketNova
    ✭✭✭✭

That's a shame. I'd buy if they were a collectable. But if they're furniture, that means they can only go in one house per purchase, right?

I have 2 sitting in my Summerset home. I can't remember what furnishing category they come under but you can have more than 1 in a home.
    PC NA
    Master Angler
    Dressed as Wonder Woman
    Living in Hogwarts
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PocketNova wrote: »

I have 2 sitting in my Summerset home. I can't remember what furnishing category they come under but you can have more than 1 in a home.

Don’t think that’s what CMDR means...
    CMDR means they can only be placed once per purchase, unlike an undaunted bust which can be placed once in a home but can also be placed in multiple homes at the same time.
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I think that's the case, same with the "For Blood and Honor" music box. You can buy multiple same boxes in crown store. Still worth it for me though, and I'm usually very stingy with crown store purchases.
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well I backtracked.

Yes I'm admitting to falling prey to FOMO, but hey, we're only human.

I very much plan on getting Twin Arches later and just had to have the "Sands of the Alik'r" box for it.
  • vendeatha
    vendeatha
    ✭✭✭
    Can you please Put the Across the Hinterlands Music box on store! i want it. You never put them on the Crown Store regular enough :( I want them ALL!
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    vendeatha wrote: »
    Can you please Put the Across the Hinterlands Music box on store! i want it. You never put them on the Crown Store regular enough :( I want them ALL!
    Yeah, agreed! They never rotate Crown Store items frequently enough, we're stuck staring at the same old things for months and months, while waiting hopelessly for those much-awaited items to return some time during a flash sale :smiley: And then hope that we'll be there to buy them during that 4-day window...

The Music Box category is already pretty empty, and there aren't that many Music Boxes anyway, so they could easily add them to the Crown Store permanently.
  • HappyTheCamper
    HappyTheCamper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really want the Imperial Red Diamond one datamined a while back!
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    vendeatha wrote: »
    Yeah, agreed! They never rotate Crown Store items frequently enough, we're stuck staring at the same old things for months and months, while waiting hopelessly for those much-awaited items to return some time during a flash sale :smiley: And then hope that we'll be there to buy them during that 4-day window...

The Music Box category is already pretty empty, and there aren't that many Music Boxes anyway, so they could easily add them to the Crown Store permanently.

I know.

Things like music boxes are more likely to be a situational requirement, to help complete a composition, while decorating a house; as opposed to something purely fun, which may be more suited to a time limited purchase.

So, they should be available permanently.

Otherwise, you have to try to work out exactly how many of each kind you are likely to need, in all your houses and in all your future houses and buy them all at once.

Which is both virtually impossible and unreasonable to expect people to do.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, you're buying 1 music box, which can only be placed once (unless you remove it and take it somewhere else).

As opposed to the ability to place a music box, of that kind, in each house you own.

Would definitely be better if they fell under the latter category, as they would be better value (even if they cost a bit more) and it is unlikely that you would want to place more than one, of the same type, in a single home, as they don't sync.
    Edited by Tigerseye on November 29, 2019 4:16AM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Really want an Elsweyr one for my snowglobe, but don't want to remove one from its current location.

Wish they were all available, all the time.
  • Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe we will get a Vampire Music Box with a lovely gothic vibe.

Music-Box-anastasia-romanov-37530328-270-360.gif