The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Healing staff backbar trait for pvp

Siohwenoeht
Siohwenoeht
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Is powered still a viable option for backbar?

Toon is a magplar with charged inferno front atm considering changing that trait to infused or nirn as well.

Thx in advance!
Edited by Siohwenoeht on December 5, 2019 11:29PM
"It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard

Best Answer

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Powered is a good choice, @Siohwenoeht, but it depends on your role, rest of your build, and PvP content type.

For example, if you’re on an Argonian PvP character, you may not need Powered due to the Argonian ‘Life Mender’ racial passive.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on December 6, 2019 1:04AM
    Answer ✓
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Taleof2Cities I'm considering powered to help with HtD heals, plus boosting Rapid Regen.

This is my semi solo cyro toon. Just finding that I'm lacking on sufficient healing and my sweeps are landing very inconsistently lately.
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You would probably be better off using infused with a berzerk enchantment, as that will carry over and you get more damage out of it, besides more heals.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't overlook defending and precise. Defending gives you that base resist and precise buffs your crit which buffs your heals esp if your in cp where you can buff multiplier.

But i will also say, unless your playing a healer role, snb all the way.
    Edited by GhostofDatthaw on December 6, 2019 12:15PM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Taleof2Cities I'm considering powered to help with HtD heals, plus boosting Rapid Regen.

This is my semi solo cyro toon. Just finding that I'm lacking on sufficient healing and my sweeps are landing very inconsistently lately.

The popular ways to boost your healing done in PvP are through CP, gear set bonuses, Ritual Mundus, and of course the Powered trait.

If you can cover healing done in one of those areas, Sharpened or Precise would be a nice fit ... because those will improve your damage or crit on sweeps and other damage skills for solo play.

If you’re willing to post a screenshot or Superstar of your stats, I can take a look.
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Taleof2Cities , unfortunately I'm on console and imgur is acting up for me today, but here is the link for the build on uesp editor. The only things that are not updated are the cp's, bout 100 off. Another set of eyes looking is appreciated!

https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildEditor?id=172668
    Edited by Siohwenoeht on December 7, 2019 12:12AM
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Powered or precise. If you have sustain issues, infused + magicka recover glyph, so you can regain a lot magicka in a full heavy attack (even more if you use HA)
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can never decide myself. Tested Nirn vs Powered a while back and Nirn is not far off. Infused for the berserker enchant and bar swap. Defending, if you tend to turtle up and block. Precise, because a friend once told me crit made more of a difference in his build as a healer. If I'm transmuting a weapon, I'm prone to go Nirn or Infused, since those tend to carry over better, if the weapon gets re-used by a different character.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    I can never decide myself. Tested Nirn vs Powered a while back and Nirn is not far off. Infused for the berserker enchant and bar swap. Defending, if you tend to turtle up and block. Precise, because a friend once told me crit made more of a difference in his build as a healer. If I'm transmuting a weapon, I'm prone to go Nirn or Infused, since those tend to carry over better, if the weapon gets re-used by a different character.

Powered’s better than precise for healing, by a lot. Crit is great for healing true, but it’s mainly CP and the amount of crit vs +healing done makes powered better.

Powered also comes out ahead of Nirn unless you have a ton of healing done modifiers, like say in cyrodiil in a keep with lots of map bonus’.
    Edited by Iskiab on December 17, 2019 8:09PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten