The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The connection issues for the North American megaservers have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

What's the deal with the weekly trial? (vss)

AgaTheGreat
AgaTheGreat
✭✭✭✭✭
Elsweyr came out in May yet Sunspire has never been the weekly trial.
It's been more than half a year since that patch. Don't you think people are ready to compete in the weekly leaderboard in it?

We had (multiple times) vAA or v Dragonstar two weeks in a row.

It seems to me that there's no logical method in choosing what the weekly is. At least on PS4 EU.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_AntonioP
Edited by AgaTheGreat on December 9, 2019 12:36PM
PS4 EU Aga_The_Grey - retired | PC EU AgaTheGreat
  • Krawallbambi
    Krawallbambi
    ✭✭✭
    :D oh thats right ... I just never noticed it because I hated Sunspire :|
    Krawallbambi - PC/EU

vSS GS (247 k)
    vHoF TTT (224 k)
    vCR GH (132 k)
    vAS IR (115 k)
    vMoL Dro'm-Athra Destroyer
    Ghost Slayer
    Flawless Conqueror
    Options
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Every trial should have a weekly reward, I agree.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
    Options
  • GusTheWizard
    GusTheWizard
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was the weekly 3 or 4 weeks ago(Xbox NA)
    Options
  • AWinterWolf
    AWinterWolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    That may be because there are still some bug problems that have yet to be addressed. (Hiding behind the statues and the whole group still wiping) (the constant lag I and a few others experience in it.) to name a few.
    @AWinterWolf, PC EU.

Main character: Healer, CP 1300+,
    Completed:
    vSS (Ice & Fire HM)
    vMoL Trifecta
    TTT
    vKA HMs
    vBRP
    All Dungeon Trifectas.

Favourite quote:

History is a story written by the victors, who often paint themselves the best of lights.
    Options
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I distinctly remember it being weekly trial before. o.o But now that you say it I feel unsure.
    Options
  • siddique
    siddique
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It was last week's weekly on PS4.
    "Knee-jerk reactionist."
    Lost Depths, 2015-2022.
    Options
  • AgaTheGreat
    AgaTheGreat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    siddique wrote: »

No, last week on PS4 EU was vAA. Sunspire has never been the weekly on PS4 EU. Ever.
    PS4 EU Aga_The_Grey - retired | PC EU AgaTheGreat
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's random. And it's different for each platform/region. It's been the weekly multiple times on PC/EU and PC/NA.

"But it's been half a year!", you say. So what?

There are 10 different trials that can be the weekly (3x Crag, 3x full DLC, 2x mini DLC, 2x 4-person arenas). It's been 27 weeks since Update 22 hit console. What are the chances that a specific trial out of a pool of 10 trials never come up after 27 weeks? Answer: 5.8% Sunspire specifically never coming up is improbable. But far from impossible.

And what are the chances that, after 27 weeks, there is some trial (not necessarily Sunspire) that never appears in the rotation? Answer: 45% So you've pretty much got a coin-toss chance that there will be something that, after 27 weeks, wouldn't have appeared. In other words, what happening is here completely normal.

Change the words around and imagine someone saying, "27 runs, and I still don't have a vMA inferno! And I just got ice staves two runs in a row!" And then someone else comes by and says, "Haha, I just got two infernos in a row within my first 10 runs!" Well, this is no different than that.

TL;DR: It's just a roll of the dice. Now, you could argue that random selection isn't the best way to go about selecting the weekly. And I would be inclined to agree with that. But given the current system of random selection, what you see is perfectly normal.

Edited: For clarification and to include calculations, as shown below:
    • Probability of a specific trial out of 10 possibilities not appearing in 27 chances: (1-0.1)^27 = 0.058
    • Probability of any trial out of 10 possibilities not appearing in 27 chances: 1-((1-(1-0.1)^27)^10) = 0.45
    Edited by code65536 on December 9, 2019 7:30PM
    Options
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    It's random. And it's different for each platform/region. It's been the weekly multiple times on PC/EU and PC/NA.

"But it's been half a year!", you say. So what?

There are 10 different trials that can be the weekly (3x Crag, 3x full DLC, 2x mini DLC, 2x 4-person arenas). It's been 27 weeks since Update 22 hit console. What are the chances of a trial out of a pool of 10 trials never come up after 27 weeks? 5.8% Sunspire never coming up is improbable. But far from impossible.

How many times have you heard someone say, "27 runs, and I still don't have a vMA inferno! And I just got ice staves two runs in a row!" And then someone else comes by and says, "Haha, I just got two infernos in a row within my first 10 runs!" Well, this is no different than that.

It's just a roll of the dice. Now, you could argue that random selection isn't the best way to go about selecting the weekly. And I would be inclined to agree with that. But given the current system of random selection, what you see is perfectly normal.

Careful Code! Math is dangerous to bring to the forums... :smile:
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
    Options
  • siddique
    siddique
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No, last week on PS4 EU was vAA. Sunspire has never been the weekly on PS4 EU. Ever.

Yes, it was. On PS4 NA. This week is AA, last week was BRP prior to that was Sunspire. I got a freaking gold Lokke helmet out of the leaderboard too.
    "Knee-jerk reactionist."
    Lost Depths, 2015-2022.
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, it was. On PS4 NA. This week is AA, last week was BRP prior to that was Sunspire. I got a freaking gold Lokke helmet out of the leaderboard too.

The random selection of the weekly is done indepedently for every platform and region. There are potentially 6 different trials picked for the weekly for any given week for the 6 different megaservers.
    Options
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We're also slower getting the new content for weeklies/dailies on console; like 2 months later slow. Literally. The week before last was the first time that I ever recall vss for PS4 NA. Like, the whole server was waiting for it forever.
    Options