The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What's your favorite house so far?

Atreyix
Atreyix
✭✭✭
Based off of your personal opinion, what is your favorite house and why??
  • Langdon64
    Langdon64
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grand Topal. ZOS did a tremendous job with the ocean and the lighting. I get chills just standing on the pier and looking out across the water. It's just so beautiful and peaceful. Of all the homes, that is definitely my happy place.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Earthtear Cavern is my main residence. Natural beauty a plenty - waterfalls, lovely pools of water, and breathtaking sunrises and sunsets within your home! Also, Craglorn is an awesome, completely underutilized zone.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If I was forced to choose one, probably Alinor Townhouse, as it just kind of has everything - it's attractive, has a good layout, feels fairly luxurious, has a nice view and is in a convenient location.

Only things it doesn't have are a basement, windows at the front downstairs and 700 slots...

I also like the Snowglobe (but, would like it even more with a room half way up the tower and 700 slots), Hunding's (again, would like it more with 700 slots), Old Mistveil (even if the upstairs interior is too small) and Topal.

In terms of easier to acquire homes, when you're newer to the game, Ald Velothi and Grymharth's Woe are also nice and Autumn's Gate and Twin Arches are nice starter homes.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I haven't been doing housing long. Besides all of the little apartments I use for porting, I have Grand Psijic, Hall of the Lunar Champion, Exorcised Coven Cottage, and Enchanted Snowglobe.

Of those, I like the Exorcised Coven Cottage the most. It's a nice, simple template to work with. The cottage interior is a small space, and it's easy to decorate (I have an easier time with the round rooms for some reason). Ample slots means you can get really cluttery. I love the ambient sounds that come with this house, too--the water, frogs, rain and storm sounds, the owls at night, and the occasional wolf's howl. Weather is great, too--overcast, with brilliant, soft gold mornings and evenings.

I have a love/hate relationship with the Snowglobe. Things I love: the persistent snow flurries, the dock, the wooden beams in the house's interior, and the attractive hearth area. Things I don't love: the glass skybox, the garish yellow light from the giant lantern, the interior is very dark (needs more windows), too much wasted space outside (rocks and water awkward to build around) and the way the house sounds is just off (no ambient sounds, footsteps and voices echo outside).

Grand Psijic is a nice idea, but I'm really not fond of it. It's too big to be furnished with 700 slots, and the static skybox bothers me just as much as the Snowglobe's glass one. There's no day/night cycle, no weather, and overall I find Alinor architecture pompous and unattractive. I do like the way the light comes through the windows in the side rooms, though.

Can't properly weigh in on Lunar Champion. I don't have all the portals unlocked and I'm using it as storage.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Atreyix wrote: »
    Based off of your personal opinion, what is your favorite house and why??
    What's yours? :smile: You didn't share your favourite with us in your post, but you should add your own two cents to the discussion too! My faves are Velothi Reverie and Linchal Grand Manor.

To be honest I'd be happy if we could buy several copies of the same house, I'd just get Velothi Reverie several times. I already had three different builds at Velothi, first it was a Dark Brotherhood assassin home, then a Daedric cultist vampire home, and now it's a Vvardenfell Ordinator home. It's really versatile because it's a quintessential house. It has a garden, a basement, a decent sized ground floor, plus an upper floor, with several individual rooms which is rare in ESO. As a medium house, the item limit isn't that bad either compared to large houses (the Ebonheart Chateau for example is about 6 times the size of Velothi and still only has less than double the furnishing limit).

Linchal Grand Manor is a Renaissance/Rome lover's dream, the only proper Nibenese house we have (the snow globe doesn't count :tongue:). The garden is absolutely unique with its large flat areas of lawn and pavement (other homes often have elevations that disrupt the garden or they're full of random grass and bushes). The outdoor space is also pleasantly arranged (unlike Princely Dawnlight's odd angles and awkward shapes and stairways to nowhere) and has a good variety with the extra building, the gazebo with surrounding pavement, the central reflection pool, the back gardens along the wall. The interior has a good number of individual rooms, and the beautiful coffered ceiling is a joy to look at.

Linchal is far from perfect and the house itself is relatively small, so it really isn't one of the best manors in my opinion the way Velothi Reverie is definitely one of the better medium houses out there, but it still has a special place in my heart. I don't claim that these are the best houses, but they are and forever will be my personal favourites.
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love MoonSugar because it's the only proper open plot that isn't strongly thematic like Coldharbour and Hunters Glade. I hope we see more open plots like this in the future as they offer so many possibilities.
    This is just one of the builds I have done at MoonSugar. I've seen so many brilliant ideas by people for this plot. I love being able to direct the setting of a build to steer people toward that waterfall as its so beautiful.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/492421/lakeside-cottage-custom-build/p1
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Sturmfaenger
    Sturmfaenger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My personal favourite house is also Velothi Reverie. Its dark and the layout has its quirks, but as @bluebird said its very good for its size, and in combination with Flaming Nix Deluxe Garret (free porting to Mournhold) it makes a fine home.
    I have all my crafting stations there, mages section with transmutation station in the basement, and I'm still adding - or rather adjusting - details to that home in spite of owning it for years now. If there was an option to get +50 slots, I would gladly do so for adding more details.
    PC/EU
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another one for Velothi Reverie. I like that it has a basement and its layout works well for creating a crafting room with each craft having its own niche. I also like its more traditional layout with the rooms built off central halls. For seasonal houses I like Autumn's-Gate (New Life) and Exorcised Coven Cottage (Witches Festival). With only one season of work on each they are presentable but are far from the item limit so will give me something to work on during future events (I just can't into seasonal decorating out of season). As I get into housing more I will probably pick up other houses for each festival.
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moonsugar Meadow - the versatility of this place is beyond compare. It inspires creativity.

Close runner up -- Lucky Cat Landing. Cute, small and fun.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Primary is still Twin Arches ... it's simple, solid, and it keeps the sandstorms out. ;)

yQCTzj0.png
  • ValkyriesWolf
    ValkyriesWolf
    ✭✭✭
    Mine are Hunter's Glade and Snowglobe for the big crown homes, Lunar Champion for the big ingame available homes, Gorinir for the large, Ald Velothi for medium, Humblemud for small and Inns I have no favourite
    Metal forever \m/
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I love all of Vvardenfell homes, but specially Tel Galen.
  • SkoomaPie
    SkoomaPie
    ✭✭✭
    Autumn's-Gate as it's in the Rift which is one of my favourite locations and mainly because the size of it suits me just fine.
    Xbox Gt: SkoomaPie
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am joining the Velothi Reverie crowd. :)

It is a nicely structured Medium house, with a lovely garden.

The second would probably be the Ald Velothi Harbor House, becasue of the view from the balcony, and again, the inner layout, even though the cellar is a bit underwhelming.

The third would be the Observatory Prior, but there is no way I am paying so much real money for a house.
    Edited by Watchdog on December 8, 2019 5:30PM
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Ample Domicile in Shadowfen works for me ;) :

- Even without ESO+ it has enough furniture limit vs internal space to decorate it to an acceptable level.
    - It has enough space for special, functional furnitures (all store chests etc.).
    - It is on a "suburbs" of a city, near bank, crafting daily quest board and way-shrine.
    - The style of this house (mud / clay house) does not bother me. I manage to decorate it nicely using Argonian / Wood Elf / Murkmire furnitures. And in fact, it looks quite nice !
    - It is in Shadowfen. Most ppl seem to hate this place and therefore they avoid it. It suites me, as I like this zone and less ppl there makes it less laggy, overcrowded and chat seems cleaner / less toxic as a result.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on December 8, 2019 6:50PM
  • Atreyix
    Atreyix
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome replies everyone, My personal favorite so far would either be be Old Mistveil Manor, or Strident Springs. For Mistveil I just love the nostalgic nord feel. Has that fall-ish Riften feel which I love. Otherwise Strident Springs has such a simple outdoors with a nice waterfall/pond, and the house itself is plentiful for my needs.
  • Redeviledna666
    Just purchased my first house since returning to the game after a long break, i got the Velothi Reverie house.

I like the idea of a basement - may look at putting cages in it, maybe a table/counter, turn into a kind of Frankenstein's lab, who knows?

No idea where to get this stuff, is there an ESO equivalent of IKEA that isnt crown store related? :D
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No idea where to get this stuff, is there an ESO equivalent of IKEA that isnt crown store related? :D
    Yup. It's called 'Guild Stores' XD.

PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=