The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Delete please

zeusy
zeusy
This has been fixed. thanks to the understanding support person.
Edited by zeusy on December 7, 2019 7:41PM
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aw nooo super frustrating! But when you have several accounts, you really got to stress which @ is in trouble, fingers crossed for you so you DO get it back <3

But in your anger, do remember they ARE and was trying to help you...
    Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D
  • zeusy
    zeusy
    @InaMoonlight well its hard to specify which account has been hacked when the hackers have already changed the email, password, user ID and security question....
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your email was likely hacked as well and possibly used the same password for awhile and not to complicated. They had to gain access to multiple areas to be able to access your game.

I cannot speak to what is going on with Zos' handling of this as they need to be very careful since hackers can claim the same thing.

But. Change your passwords for email and the game and EVERYTHING tied to those emails, especially bank accounts. These should already be changed regularly. At a very minimum passwords for anything you hold dear should be changed every time a data breach is reported, if not monthly. Emails are one of our most important data sources that need to be protected yet people choose easy PWs and never rarely them.

Edit: I do hope you get it resolved soon.
    Edited by idk on December 6, 2019 12:34AM
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Neoxis wrote: »
    @InaMoonlight well its hard to specify which account has been hacked when the hackers have already changed the email, password, user ID and security question....

they can trace your account via billing history if the hackers have changed everything that much, the changes will have been recorded on the database
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neoxis wrote: »

You just have to tell them the old ID, they can track changes :)

• zeusy
    zeusy
    @Alienoutlaw then if they can see it all on the database how can they still mess up and think im speaking about a totally different account is what doesn't make sense to me.

@InaMoonlight I have already done all of that, like I said I filled out the survey they sent me which literally asks question like first ever user ID, first ever email, what country the account was made in, so much stuff and I answered all of it, but they still think im speaking about my 2nd account. Not one of the answers would match my 2nd account, all the info I gave could ONLY match my main account that got hacked.
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hang in there, now they can also see this thread helping them to not get fragmented info (one's on duty gets the first bit/report, and then the second, third, fourth has to take over and try and make it all a solid infoblock) They'll work it out, keep trying. :)
  • flobbie
    flobbie
    This is a pretty hideous story.
    Reassuringly it is just a joke.
    Let's hope this will never really happen to anyone.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As the issue has been resolved per the OP, we will be closing out this discussion going forward.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.