Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How do you build for no-cp cyrodiil?

Sewyr
Sewyr
Hey guys,
I'm a new player currently playing as a magsorc.

How different is cp vs no cp cyrodiil in terms of build? Should one go for spell critical? Spell damage? Focus on higher recovery instead of damage?

Currently I'm running bloodspawn, bright throat body armor, and crafty alfiq jewelry + weapons (my front bar inferno is golden and maxed). I followed this build from Malcom, which is a CP build but im playing in No-cp. I feel like I cant really be as tanky as the people around me, and I cant do as much damage as people are usually doing. I wont even talk about sustain.

So is there that much difference between cp and no-cp or is it just a l2p problem :D
  • Sewyr
    Sewyr
    Just extra info,
    Im getting around 38k magicka, 20k health, 2k spell damage, and 35% spell crit.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try using Shacklebreaker as must have and add another set which fits you style of combat.
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On magsorc you don't stack spell damage. Only what is important for you is max magicka, magicka recovery and Magicka cost of spells

I had similar build as you now have but i changed it. Try to use warlock for recovery instead of Bright-throat's and use sugar skulls for max health, magicka and stamina +health recovery

While warlock isnt better than Bright-throat's, that food can help you with stamina sustain

As for magicka recovery and cost of spells, go for 2X infused cost of spells rings and one arcane stamina recovery
    Since you have to use stamina often for CC break and dodge its good to boost it not only with food but with recovery enchant to be able to use it

With this you can change dark deal for dark exchange for extra magicka if needed

Why i run cost of spells enchants instead of just recovery? Because you have caster build and many of your attacks can be missed or dodged -more than half to be honest- (while you dont get any magicka back, even if it is wasted) and you have to spam expensive skills to be able to kill someone/keep yourself alive
    If you spam skill every second, you can easily say how much "magicka recovery" it is like. Like this, cost of spells is better than recovery
    Edited by Anyron on December 7, 2019 6:00AM
  • Unified_Gaming
    Unified_Gaming
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sewyr wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    I'm a new player currently playing as a magsorc.

How different is cp vs no cp cyrodiil in terms of build? Should one go for spell critical? Spell damage? Focus on higher recovery instead of damage?

Currently I'm running bloodspawn, bright throat body armor, and crafty alfiq jewelry + weapons (my front bar inferno is golden and maxed). I followed this build from Malcom, which is a CP build but im playing in No-cp. I feel like I cant really be as tanky as the people around me, and I cant do as much damage as people are usually doing. I wont even talk about sustain.

So is there that much difference between cp and no-cp or is it just a l2p problem :D

As for your question, they're different and you need to build more sustain, max stam and passive defense usually for no cp as cp gives you massive buffs to those areas. As for traits etc always impen and magicka glyphs on small pieces and tri stat on large and use tristat food. Regen wise, you will want around 1600-2000 regen for no cp as you'll find you'll need to spam skills (shields) alot more. All in all, cp is easier to build for but if you build correctly you'll be absolutely fine like all of my builds are as I build in a way that allows my builds to function in no cp effectively as well as cp.

This may help - I currently run this and it works wonderful. You can swap crit surge for streak if open world.
    https://youtu.be/evBGGIzviTk

As for doing forward, I'm actually working on a video that shows an easy but highly effective method on how to build a pvp character with recommended sets etc so it'll be worth checking that out (releasing this weekend) it works for cp and no cp and is how I build all of my characters.

Hope that helps!

Edited by Unified_Gaming on December 7, 2019 7:08AM
    Unified Gaming - creating a shared and Unified Gaming community.

For some of the best and most up to date PVP builds around or useful tips and tricks from an experienced player for PvP and PvE, then check out my channel and consider subscribing if you want to see regular ESO content.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCorbta-fAHKJcxJ6ExbtPwg/
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Find proc sets to do 3/4ths the work for me, duh!
  • iJuacob
    iJuacob
    ✭✭✭
    Just try shacklebreaker with necropot pet build. Its easy and fun
  • Aerenel
    Aerenel
    ✭✭✭
    I recommend looking up Malcolm or Pelican - both are top tier pvp magsorcs. That being said there are lots of options but most common are some combination of the following sets:

Necropotence
    Crafty Alfiq
    Bright-Throat's Boast
    Seducer
    Shacklebreaker

There are still other sets you can include to fit your playstyle but its very rare to find a good magsorc not using at least one of those sets in their build.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Depends on where you’re playing. Are you in a group or solo?

In no-CP you’re right sustain is an issue. For cyrodiil play you barely need to invest in damage to kill anyone, most people spam stuns and build tanky to survive others burst. Those who invest too much in damage won’t be able to kill you, and will run out of stamina and die.

It’s not a fun playstyle, but effective. Those who run more damage based builds rely on line of sighting so people can’t attack them and bursting and running.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten