Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Where is Dungeon Explorer costume?

Michae
Michae
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
It was supposed to be in the store till 18th of November at 10AM EST, now it's 4:30 PM, 17th of November and it's gone. What happened? Where did it go?
"I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • beadabow
    beadabow
    ✭✭✭
    Wha? When did that happen?
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Check the crown store, it's gone. Everything else that was supposed to expire at the same time, inculduing Hubajald's Final Treasure and outfit slot and token, is still there but the costume is gone. I was waiting to buy it since my ESO+ was renewing today and it's gone now. I submitted a ticket for that one.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by OG_Kaveman on November 17, 2019 9:40PM
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OG_Kaveman wrote: »

Yes, in Patches & Hotfixes. Personally not the place I'd check to see what had happened to a Crown Store item, but that's just me.
    Tl;dr OP, the outfit made a major exploit in pvp possible so it was pulled from the store.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i really wanted this costume as well, but sadly its no longer for sale right now, maybe gone forever, i hope it returns.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It was infested with moths. (bugged costume)
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Eh, figures. Thanks for the replies. And yes, as redgreensunset said, Patces and Hotfixes isn't really the first place I look at when it comes to Crown Store. I just got home and noticed it's gone so I took it to the forums and submitted a ticket. Did they also remove the costume from the accounts that bought it or did they just stop the spread ing and the exploit's still possible?
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    to all the people saying "patches and hot fixes", click the "recent" at the top if you are on the PC or "recent discussions" in the menu on mobile, that is where i got it from.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussions <--that link. i almost never go to the base sub, i just use that one, it is the best way to stay on top of the things going on on these forums.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Michae wrote: »
    Eh, figures. Thanks for the replies. And yes, as redgreensunset said, Patces and Hotfixes isn't really the first place I look at when it comes to Crown Store. I just got home and noticed it's gone so I took it to the forums and submitted a ticket. Did they also remove the costume from the accounts that bought it or did they just stop the spread ing and the exploit's still possible?

They didn't remove the costume if you bought it, but why would you want to use the exploit when you now know that ZOS is monitoring PVP for future abuse?
    Edited by VaranisArano on November 17, 2019 11:19PM
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They didn't remove the costume if you bought it, but why would you want to use the exploit when you now know that ZOS is monitoring PVP for future abuse?

yeah, because they monitor the pvp situation so closely as it is, and act immediately to address problems they find.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Luckily I got it, it's a really pretty outfit!
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I didn't want to use exploit, I don't really pvp. I just want the costume, I've been waiting for it ever since it was datamined. My ESO+ renewed yesterday and that's why I was waiting with buying it. I'm asking because I think it's strange that they removed the costume from CS if they're actively pursuing exploiters.
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is coming back. I hope they change the specular of the fabric. When dyeing it, it looks a bit like plastic and doesnt take the colour well. Otherwise its a nice costume.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't want to use exploit, I don't really pvp. I just want the costume, I've been waiting for it ever since it was datamined. My ESO+ renewed yesterday and that's why I was waiting with buying it. I'm asking because I think it's strange that they removed the costume from CS if they're actively pursuing exploiters.

I'm sure it will be back once they fixed the problem.

I suspect their idea was to remove the temptation as more people found out about the exploit, that way they have to monitor less accounts who have the costume and PVP with it equipped while they work on the fix.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mague wrote: »
    It is coming back. I hope they change the specular of the fabric. When dyeing it, it looks a bit like plastic and doesnt take the colour well. Otherwise its a nice costume.

I was planning to get it, but then I noticed it already had a slightly glossy finish to it, which meant any dye used that has the slighest shine to it will make it more so. Which equals plastic/polyester looking :# It also clips weirdly with my argonian's tail, so saved crowns there I guess.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm glad I picked it up when I did, though I haven't used it yet. I also don't PvP, so have no idea what the exploit is. Can't even fathom that a costume can cause an exploit in the first place.

But, when I tried to log in to the forums this morning, I had to reset my password because ZOS had changed something with my account. Not sure if they're related or not, but it was weird as in my 5+ years on the forum, I've never had to reset my password.

I'll just not even use the costume at all until it's fixed, even though I don't PvP.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    I'm glad I picked it up when I did, though I haven't used it yet. I also don't PvP, so have no idea what the exploit is. Can't even fathom that a costume can cause an exploit in the first place.

But, when I tried to log in to the forums this morning, I had to reset my password because ZOS had changed something with my account. Not sure if they're related or not, but it was weird as in my 5+ years on the forum, I've never had to reset my password.

I'll just not even use the costume at all until it's fixed, even though I don't PvP.

Dev comment on the whole password reset thing: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6463909#Comment_6463909
  • Erissime
    Erissime
    ✭✭✭
    So ... I did not notice it was gone before its time - the costume that is - I had NO idea an item meant for pure fancy can be used in pvp and combined with gear , and now I do not understand why it cannot be used. After all is said and done, can you ( zos) please make it back as usable by those who bought it for its beauty? And announce it someplace too - so that we don't go every 5 minutes attempting to try it on with no success. Thank you :)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erissime wrote: »
    So ... I did not notice it was gone before its time - the costume that is - I had NO idea an item meant for pure fancy can be used in pvp and combined with gear , and now I do not understand why it cannot be used. After all is said and done, can you ( zos) please make it back as usable by those who bought it for its beauty? And announce it someplace too - so that we don't go every 5 minutes attempting to try it on with no success. Thank you :)

Latest comment via Dev Tracker: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6467384#Comment_6467384
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Things got really bad at ZoS if they're unable to make crown store items working properly. That was their top priority for so long and now even that is gone.
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What did this exploit even do? Anyone knows?
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Since its now been disabled: in PVP, you could equip the costume and 1 hand and shield, and when you sheathed your weapons, it didnt just hide the shield as intended, it turned the player invisible and removed their hitbox. Pretty broken for PVP.
  • Erissime
    Erissime
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you , I did not follow that thread, as I am not yet used with the forums. But I am impressed that things are happening in forums actually :)
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Since its now been disabled: in PVP, you could equip the costume and 1 hand and shield, and when you sheathed your weapons, it didnt just hide the shield as intended, it turned the player invisible and removed their hitbox. Pretty broken for PVP.

Wow! That's hilarious! And people say that this game isn't pay to win. ;)
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • munster1404
    munster1404
    ✭✭✭
    After the patch, you can’t hide the shield when it’s stowed away which was the main reason why I bought it. Costume has now become useless since all of my characters are SnB tanks.
    Edited by munster1404 on December 8, 2019 7:19AM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After the patch, you can’t hide the shield when it’s stowed away which was the main reason why I bought it. Costume has now become useless since all of my characters are SnB tanks.

If you purchased it with Crowns you could submit a ticket and probably get a refund. It sucks that the feature you bought it for doesn’t work! :(
  • fierackas
    fierackas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't tried it on my tank, I take it the shield hides the backpack?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes.
    According to the patch notes:
    The Dungeon Explorer costume can now be equipped again.
    Note that the costume will no longer hide your shield while the shield is stowed. We’ve removed the description text that stated the costume would hide a shield when it is stowed, and hope to re-enable this feature in the future.

So if you aren't willing to wait on a future fix, you might see about a refund.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m pretty sure I bought this but I don’t see it in collections. Can someone confirm it’s back in the collections of those who purchased it?
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I got it in my collections now.
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU