The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Cannot Change Enchantments on 3 of 6 Legendary Staffs

garystewart
garystewart
✭✭
I have at least 6 legendary Staffs. My CP is well over 160. Three staffs will show the Gold Truly Superb Enchantment is available to enable a change, while the other three staffs will not recognize any available enchantment. The window remains blank. Is this a bug? I tried switching characters and enabling the staffs, also restarted ESO. No fix. I have never had a problem enchanting any items before today. Any clues?

Took a better look and one Legendary Staff was only CP 150. That accounts for at least part of the problem. It required a Green Glyph. Buyer beware! The second already had the proper glyph, but the third is CP 160 and still a mystery. Thanks.
Edited by garystewart on December 8, 2019 5:22AM
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a similar problem. To get past it I crafted a green enchantment then applied it to the item. After that I enchanted the item with the Kuta enchantment. Works every time.
  • nickl413
    nickl413
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have at least 6 legendary Staffs. My CP is well over 160. Three staffs will show the Gold Truly Superb Enchantment is available to enable a change, while the other three staffs will not recognize any available enchantment. The window remains blank. Is this a bug? I tried switching characters and enabling the staffs, also restarted ESO. No fix. I have never had a problem enchanting any items before today. Any clues?

Took a better look and one Legendary Staff was only CP 150. That accounts for at least part of the problem. It required a Green Glyph. Buyer beware! The second already had the proper glyph, but the third is CP 160 and still a mystery. Thanks.

Is the glyph in your inventory? Are you sure it is a weapon enchantment?

The cp 150 staff can still be enchanted with a legendary glyph but it will need to be enchanted with a superb rather than truly superb glyph. But you are better off just not using it.
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was probably the wrong glyph. It only shows glyphs that are compatible
    Edited by volkeswagon on December 10, 2019 3:23AM