The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Stamina Pet Sorc: out of meta

kylewwefan
kylewwefan
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
What Did They Change?

I finally got around to trying out the Stamina Pet Sorc, and I can tell there has been some changes.

The Clanfear pet does physical damage and holds aggro pretty well. It may have always done physical damage I dont know? Activating it is a decent heal, but it doesn’t do any extra damage or anything. You get some cool passives for having the pet out also.

Bound Armaments works somewhat like nightblades relentless focus, but builds up stacks you can use at any time making it a bit more forgiving. It has a cool animation now that also helps you keep track of your stacks. These little spectral daggers float around you 1,2,3 & 4. Tap the button again and they fly to your target doing some pretty nifty damage.

Crit Surge. I heard they changed something here, but I dont know what. It’s still great!

StamSorc has never been my thing, but I made one to try it a long time ago; and she’s been largely just sitting on the shelf. Until now.

So what do you wear?

I had Vicious Ophidian and Automaton on her, but wanted to try something different. So I started with The Hunt Leader set from Maelstrom Arena, Briarhearts from Orsinium and Grundwulf monster set for some extra sustain. It quickly became apparent that the extra sustain was not needed, so I swapped that out for StormFist.

Even with 2 daggers, my Crit is somewhat low coming in at %55 buffed.

The hunt leader set heals you and gives stamina back every 5 seconds if you hit something your clanfear attacked. Or something to that extent.

Food & Potions?

I used regular Blue Food and crafted some weapon Crit potions that give health, Stamina, and Crit. The materials were much cheaper than weapon power pots and since I’m using Crit surge I already get the major brutality.

So how’s the rotation?

I buff up with Crit surge, hurricane and bound armaments. Endless hail, Trap Beast, Poison Inject :swap: Bound armaments proc, Rapid Strikes x2 Swap to Whirlwind under %50

Try your best to get those bound armaments proc as they do significant damage. If there’s 3 or more mobs out, just spam whirlwind. It does a lot of damage. Keep up your buffs.

I used the bow ultimate Ballista and kept barrier on the front bar.

Some noteworthy things

Maybe it was a dungeon thing? But my Barrier tool tip absorbed 46k Damage and healed massive for 15 seconds. It was 8k higher than magic characters I play and way higher than normal stamina characters. Totally loving that! It comes in very handy.

With the limited bar space, I chose not to put vigor on. I really didn't need it either. The clanfear heal is very strong.

The Clanfear did die a number of times. Uhm, I think maybe It’s because something to do with the Crit surge changes, but I dont know?

I don’t really like using rapid strikes. They just feel/look weird. Maybe it be worth doing psijic line and use crushing weapon?

Could I run this in Maelstrom?

I did!

But I did also change a number of things on the fly. Like Grundwulf on and off here and there; The gold stamina food, tripots instead of weapon Crit.

I was actually wishing I’d have used a 2H as I’m more familiar with that.

• T3hasiangod
    T3hasiangod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Running the pet is meta on stamsorc...
    PC/NA - Mayflower, Hellfire Dominion

Dro-m'Athra Destroyer - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor - Voice of Reason - Gryphon Heart - The Unchained - Extinguisher of Flames

Tank - Healer - DPS (all classes, all specs)

Youtube - Twitch
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Relequen & Lokkestiiz with Lokkestiiz daggers.

Yay.

Thanks for clearing up the meta for me.

T3h, pleasure as always. Got any new builds to try out? Maybe it involves Mechanical Accuity?

Nothing I can put together is gonna be as strong. I’m shooting for viable, utility & fun. Not Meta.

I’m not alone in a strong dislike for Relequen. I’d rather use anything else. And farming for Lokke daggers is something beyond me right now.

• ShadowKyuubi
    ShadowKyuubi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Running the pet is meta for parsing. Mainly because you are trying to limit the numbers of skills you have to cast so that you can use your spammable more. Hence the pet, just slot it and get some damage. It doesn't do significant damage or anything, people slot it just because there are no other good damage skills worth casting in the 5th slot of your bar.

Now for actual combat, the clanfear not good in my opinion. I would rather slot critical surge or an extra fighter's guild ability. I am happy they upped the damage of it, to make it reasonably useful, but it isn't enough. If stamina characters had 35-40k stamina, then yes, the damage would probably be up to a reasonable level, but you can't do so without giving up a lot of damage from something else.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Clannfear has done physical damage for a long time, but they just recently made the damage scale with max stamina instead of max magicka. So that's the difference in why it's suddenly an option
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner