The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

CC Immunity

Bullseyebudx
Bullseyebudx
✭✭✭
Do you get CC immunity when a CC is applied to you?

What type of immunity does Break Free grant the player and does it always apply the same immunity effect regardless if you break free from a CC or a snare?

Is there a delay between a Stun ability being cast or applied and the Break Free prompt if so how long is it?

Is there a delay between a Snare/immobilize ability being cast or applied and the Break Free or Roll Dodge prompt if so how long is it?

Can you Break Free without the Break Free prompt?

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You get CC immunity when you break the CC or the CC ends. CC immunity lasts 4 seconds. You can break free as soon as the CC is applied, technically. Laggy performance screws with this, however.

Root/snare immunity is totally different than CC immunity. Most sources give you immunity for 2 seconds.

• MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    You get CC immunity when you break the CC or the CC ends. CC immunity lasts 4 seconds. You can break free as soon as the CC is applied, technically. Laggy performance screws with this, however.

Root/snare immunity is totally different than CC immunity. Most sources give you immunity for 2 seconds.

CC immunity has a duration of 7 seconds.

Snare/root immunity has a duration of 3 seconds.
  • Bullseyebudx
    Bullseyebudx
    ✭✭✭

So, its sounds like there's an opportunity to re CC someone who is currently being affected by a CC but hasn't used Break Free or hasn't gotten the prompt yet.

If that’s the case and there's a delay in the Break Free prompt, or you can force your stun to take priority over the Break Free prompt, you can continue to reapply a CC to the target, at which point they should then be CC locked assuming you can always reapply it before the prompt.

I’m already imaging this now, so in order to force players to use their stamina pools, because logically some would instead just take the CC if it granted immunity on impact and ride it out, they decided to potentially let players infinitely reapply CC’s and snare locks if there’s any delay, lag, or sequence manipulation.

Root/snare immunity is totally different I agree but it's also using Break Free which is an issue.

If you stun a player and then apply an immobilize which Break Free trigger takes priority or what immunity effect takes priority if you Break Free?

If it’s the last applied effect like the case described above, then you’ll Break Free from the immobilization, get immobilization immunity, but remain CC’d without immunity.

Someone can just reapply the CC before it runs out because I’m sure there would be plenty of time between two Break Free triggers to recast the ability.

And then what? Well snare immunity probably just ran out…

To me this is a no brainer you have all CCs and snares apply immunity on impact at the cost of some people situationally trading health for stamina and put the onus on the aggressor to get the kill, especially over the alternative infinite stun locks or stun spamming in groups, you’ve got to be kidding me?

Honestly that’s bad it’s not even a close decision if that's the case.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Root/snare immunity is totally different I agree but it's also using Break Free which is an issue.

If you stun a player and then apply an immobilize which Break Free trigger takes priority or what immunity effect takes priority if you Break Free?

There's a skill in game that both cc and roots -- Fossilize. You must first break free, then roll or purge the root. You can't even possibly do them the other way around, because you are stunned; the hard CC always has to come first. The same applies if two separate skills CC and root you, for example Rune Cage + Encase or Javelin + Bombard.

You can spam skills that root, but you can't cast a CC on a person who is already CC'd -- which in theory would prevent a double CC. However it does happen anyway sometimes, and sometimes you don't have immunity when you should. For example, in the GIF below I pop an immov pot (which you don't see in this image), then get feared, CC break the fear, then Leap... and get CC'd again mid air by necro totem while my Wings fly off without me. It's all lag making CC immunity just not work.

https://imgur.com/QzYTZI7

EDIT: Trying to get the silly GIF to work... click the link if interested.
    Edited by NBrookus on December 6, 2019 4:32AM
  • buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CC is overpowered in ESO compared to other games. No form of CC should grant less than ten (or more) seconds of immunity to all other CC including stacked CCs that were applied by the same skill. All CC should be broken by any counterplay option, dodge roll or break free. Somehow they leave this broken patch after patch while shaking up the whole rest of the combat system like a cement mixer. Respond that nothing could be killed otherwise? Well that's broken too and a consequence of them nerfing burst damage for years now and leaving healing OP.
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Idea, it's been super buggy for me. Even more so lately. Especially the game forgetting to show signs of being stunned or feared. I'll just stand there like an idjit while nothing happens. The immunity after breakfree gets applied about half the time as well. But this has been happening for a while, just worst now. I chalk it up to lag, like with health desyncs.
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • Bullseyebudx
    Bullseyebudx
    ✭✭✭

There's a skill in game that both cc and roots -- Fossilize. You must first break free, then roll or purge the root. You can't even possibly do them the other way around, because you are stunned; the hard CC always has to come first. The same applies if two separate skills CC and root you, for example Rune Cage + Encase or Javelin + Bombard.

You can spam skills that root, but you can't cast a CC on a person who is already CC'd -- which in theory would prevent a double CC. However it does happen anyway sometimes, and sometimes you don't have immunity when you should. For example, in the GIF below I pop an immov pot (which you don't see in this image), then get feared, CC break the fear, then Leap... and get CC'd again mid air by necro totem while my Wings fly off without me. It's all lag making CC immunity just not work.

https://imgur.com/QzYTZI7

EDIT: Trying to get the silly GIF to work... click the link if interested.

That GIF though, my dude if you popped an immovable pot there I'd straight up send that clip to ZOS and demand they refund you that 1 pot because it didn't do crap.

Yah fossilize and any ability that does the CC and snare has to only have one or the other; there's what two or three of them, they're class specific I think, and they grossly over tax player stats for a fraction of the cost.

That's break free for 4.5Kish stam, roll dodge for 3.5Kish, variable damage but probably at least a grand or two at least if its not a crit, then you spend stam or mag to heal probably, 12K stat drain plus any additional damage you're taking while you're not moving/stunned/trying to break free and the reduced damage you're dealing to your enemy.

There's probably some blocking to be factored in there but I don't think any magicka user is going to have much stam left after two fossilizes. After 4 fossilizes even with a tri potion you're pretty much guaranteed to get stun locked if you're a mag character you can't even block them. Just the flat values are 12K stat vs 4K stat, maybe once upon a meta this was appropriate but it certainly isn't now and probably hasn't been for a while.

I mean leap doesn't even do that does it? Knockback is still a hard CC so you just end up clearing a CC.

My guess is you're right you can't "cast" or directly target a CC at a person who is already CC'd but AoE CC's like the totem and Mass Hysteria don't require a target so your statement can still hold true if you're getting hit with an AoE CC while immune to target only.

I thought I read a post a while ago that said you only gain immunity to the specific CC type, so if you got feared you'd get immunity to fear only but not the rest.

Regardless something seriously needs to be done about CC's, snares, and the lot. I think it's a universal complaint across all players, even for PvE players less so than PvP player but still. There's really no justification to not promptly address this issue, although this issue does primarily only impact PvP it completely and utterly ruins any sort of competitive game play for the reasons we've mentioned.

For all we know they might have to go back through and readjust a ton of effects after they resolve the CC issues and review the new combat data.

buttaface wrote: »
    Respond that nothing could be killed otherwise? Well that's broken too and a consequence of them nerfing burst damage for years now and leaving healing OP.

I agree, I know that's a pile of crap, I could kill people on my necro last patch and didn't use a stun maybe some kills came from other player CC's but I could still get good kills dueling consistently. Sometimes the Skeletal mage stuns with shock damage but that's few and far between.

I would like to see the damage distributed a little more evenly though and not rolled up into only certain effects obviously.

No Idea, it's been super buggy for me. Even more so lately. Especially the game forgetting to show signs of being stunned or feared. I'll just stand there like an idjit while nothing happens. The immunity after breakfree gets applied about half the time as well. But this has been happening for a while, just worst now. I chalk it up to lag, like with health desyncs.

Lag has definitely uncovered another issue with CC's.

I noticed people complaining about vamp drain recently and I'm pretty sure the issue is specifically Accelerating Drain and the fact that it applies damage in less than a second at 0.7 seconds.

Based on my observations I'm guessing what's happening when you spam the ability is; the stun effect goes to the front of the effects cue because it's coupled with a damage effect and it's less than 1 tick so it's ahead of anything else cast during the tick, but where does the CC prompt go? Hmm...

I'm assuming it's not attached to the ability because they would have just given each ability CC immunity on impact at that point right? I know I can spam cast it every once and a while but I'm noticing it happen two ways; I think it also has to do with targets behind your actual target or very close to your actual target.

You cast vamp drain the stun gets applied at the front of the cue, then you target and cast on something else, and then recast it on your initial target which should bring it back to the front of the cue ahead of the break free prompt which I'm assuming might also apply the non-target-able CC effect.

If CC's can be blocked then there's no point checking for CC immunity in the cue especially not every time damage is applied that would silly and over taxing. If you stun goes to the front of the cue every tick like is probably the case with Accelerating drain because of the tick frequency then the immunity never technically gets applied.

Movement and damage get priority which is why people complain about CC's on gap closers and damage effects.
    AoE effects like fear don't target however that factors into the mess.

Okay can you please pay attention to us now and fix CC's, there's very very obviously gross miscalculations and false assumptions revolving around CC's and what they're actually doing vs what they're supposed to do from several different fronts.

If you want to leave them in the disaster ridden state they're currently in please allow players to access a craftable set of armor that completely prevents the wearer from being effected by CC's and snares, as a static 5th pc effect with no application cost, so people can opt out of suffering with gross game imbalances, non-functioning content, and still be able to play the game the way they want to play it.

No-CP campaigns were readily available, Battlegrounds is only No CP, Imperial city has a No-CP option, for all those that wanted to ignore champion points they certainly got what they wanted so I see no justification to deny players the option of opting out of broken content at the cost of slotting a 5 pc set especially with no apparent intentions to resolve the issue.

• Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    buttaface wrote: »
    CC is overpowered in ESO compared to other games. No form of CC should grant less than ten (or more) seconds of immunity to all other CC including stacked CCs that were applied by the same skill. All CC should be broken by any counterplay option, dodge roll or break free. Somehow they leave this broken patch after patch while shaking up the whole rest of the combat system like a cement mixer. Respond that nothing could be killed otherwise? Well that's broken too and a consequence of them nerfing burst damage for years now and leaving healing OP.

I don't even use a CC to kill people most of the time or ult... Hmm...
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought I read a post a while ago that said you only gain immunity to the specific CC type, so if you got feared you'd get immunity to fear only but not the rest.

If you read that, it was incorrect. CC immunity is cc immunity; it's not tied to individual skills. Oh boy would THAT be broken.

Any mag toon in PVP needs about 15k stam and good stamina management. I run 20k on magDK, but that's melee, no mist form, and I sprint for speed.