The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

In Regards to Lore Books...

LeGoods
LeGoods
Soul Shriven
I'm a long time ESO player. Been playing since July of 2014. I've recently been returning to old zones that I had cleared of quests years ago in pursuit of collecting all of the lore books in the game. Problem is that I've been encountering certain books that are only available through quests. An example being that I am trying to collect a note from the quest Izad's Treasure in Stros Mkai near the shipwrecks on the south side of the zone but the note isn't where my add on says it should be. Do lore books vanish if you don't get them during the quest they're related to? Or is this an issue with the add on? The add on is LoreBooks and it has a great track record in my own experience with it. Anyone able to shed light on this?
Something wrong with the add on?
Or something wrong with the game?
  • Imza
    Imza
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had this issue too and I found out the following:

Unfortunately there are some books that are quest locked and if you don't get them during the quest - you can't get them later.....

EDIT:

You can get someone to take you on their quest and collect some of the books that way.

ZoS has made SOME books available outside of the quest instance.
    Edited by Imza on December 7, 2019 4:48AM
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a long time ESO player. Been playing since July of 2014. I've recently been returning to old zones that I had cleared of quests years ago in pursuit of collecting all of the lore books in the game. Problem is that I've been encountering certain books that are only available through quests. An example being that I am trying to collect a note from the quest Izad's Treasure in Stros Mkai near the shipwrecks on the south side of the zone but the note isn't where my add on says it should be. Do lore books vanish if you don't get them during the quest they're related to? Or is this an issue with the add on? The add on is LoreBooks and it has a great track record in my own experience with it. Anyone able to shed light on this?
    Something wrong with the add on?
    Or something wrong with the game?

Here is a great thread that helps with those "unattainable" books and if they can be gotten.
    I still have a few I need to get that are locked too, so I feel ya...... :)
    Hope this helps...
    Huzzah and good hunting!

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/270549/eidetic-memory-bugs-comments-help/p1
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • LeGoods
    LeGoods
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you both for the swift replies. Great info that will help me build a road map to getting these "locked" lore books. Hopefully ZOS will put a fix in that makes them more easily obtainable after the fact.