The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Better Display Cases

mergadeth
mergadeth
✭✭✭
I was very pleased with the introduction of display cases in summerset....but as we all know...they still fall short in some aspects. The glass can be too murky or too reflective. You may also need to use up additional item slots to make your display items stand out or be realistically displayed. If you’re like me, it can really bother you to just plop a display piece in one of those display cases as is.

So what am I getting at? Well, why can’t we have these display cases

eqwubfrjd4ky.jpeg

The red lining would make displayed items stand out. The angle and shape of the glass would allow the items to be more viewable and, they just look better. They could even be wall mounted. Please zos!
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree and like that cabinet.

I really wish ESO would get past so many houses and furnishings being rundown. I like the style of the existing display cabinets but the murky and broken glass ruins them in many ways when I want to display something nice or use them in a house with new looking furniture. Maybe make a placement option that let's you select the look when you place an item. This would allow a player to fit the the item appearance to the theme of the house.
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    *sings* if you liked 'em then you shoulda put a light in 'em

stick a light in them and they light up without the murk! <3
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • mergadeth
    mergadeth
    ✭✭✭
    @StabbityDoom yeah, I often do just that. Sometimes I won’t always have the space though. Or depending on how it’s set up, a light source inside might be awkward. We work with what we have I suppose. I just really like the red lined display cases and the viewing angle of them.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried the light but couldn't find one I liked. Maybe it's the Goldilocks in me but they were either too bright or the color was off. No matter what I tried I couldn't find one that was just right.
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I tried the light but couldn't find one I liked. Maybe it's the Goldilocks in me but they were either too bright or the color was off. No matter what I tried I couldn't find one that was just right.

I found sinking a regular candle into the item you are lighting up can work
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I found sinking a regular candle into the item you are lighting up can work

I've done that. It is what I use to make the Stendarr Sigil look like flowing gold/silver for my Jewelry crafting station area. I also have a glowing jewel in one of my display cabinets and yes it helps clarify the glass all while showing all of the cracks in it. The sun when it comes through the window helps as well. It still boils down to the cabinets not being very attractive. Every time I go past them they make me want to get out the Windex to clean glass.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would also like these display cases, and while we're referring to the screenshot, I wish I could get the Indrik feathers as furnishings, too. Should be a bonus gallery item for evolving one. :)
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • LADYKiLLER
    LADYKiLLER
    ✭✭✭
    I would also like these display cases, and while we're referring to the screenshot, I wish I could get the Indrik feathers as furnishings, too. Should be a bonus gallery item for evolving one. :)

Oooh I love this idea.