The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Ashfall Cornerclub (Kragenhome)

Araneae6537
Araneae6537
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm still new to the game (started this past July) and housing but am very much enjoying it! :smiley: I originally bought and decorated Kragenhome for @JHartEllis 's recent Kragenhome Kraze contest and my goal was to as best I could recreate the look and more importantly the feel of the cornerclubs in TES III Morrowind. I am fairly happy with how it turned out but am considering how I might improve it (just for fun now, the contest has ended) and would welcome feedback and suggestions! :) You are also more than welcome to visit -- I am on the PC NA server, house open to visitors, and should now also be listed as an Open House through Essential Housing Tools.

x0au2ceiwcqu.png

Welcome to Ashfall Cornerclub, Outlander!

nontz3uoh7nh.png

The backroom is for the exclusive use of House Dres and their guests~

v13fjrhaf3j6.png

Some considerations
I love chiaroscuro, dramatic lighting, mood lighting, so while I'll consider changes, I would not wish to increase the overall level of lighting.
Besides hopefully being reminiscent of Morrowind's cornerclubs, I wanted it to also fit the establishment's actual location in Kragenmoor, currently under the rule of House Dres.
I like the feel of the low ceiling but had also intended a second floor but felt that various stairs/ramps took up too much of the raised back area and detracted from the look more than was added. I might instead get rid of the bookcase and replace it with a "door," suggesting more private rooms beyond. I do like the juxtaposition of the Dres chains screens and the window and would be loath to make layout changes that sacrificed this.
The coals are not ideally positioned, taking up space in front of the bar. I could remove and disguise this feature entirely, or I could completely change the layout of the bar.

Thank you to anyone who takes the time to read this, visit or comment! :sweat_smile:
  • static_recharge
    static_recharge
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love the look and feel of what you did here! Very nice job with the lighting. To give some of the feedback you're looking for:

The issue with the ash pit and the bar can be fixed by moving the bar to either the left or right wall (looking in from the entrance). Personally I would put it along the left wall, allowing you to still keep the feel that you have to go by the bar to get to the VIP room. This would allow you to use the ash pit as a feature for people to have chairs around or something. Or coal dancers, whichever.

Are you at the item limit? If not it would be nice to see more Dunmer style decorations, wall ornaments and table fillers.

So, you buying the drinks? :wink:
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Looks very nice! The addition of the Dark Elf Censers and the smoke was a nice touch! Also great job sinking the Redguard table down into the floor to kneeling-level, and adding those pillows for that proper cosy private corner vibe. You created a great immersive and lore-friendly build at your Kragenhome, so congrats! :smile:

If you're looking for a space-saving way to get up to a potential 2nd level, I used Rough Block, Stone Slab (which is similar to the colour of the actual house) for a narrow and thin ramp so it didn't take up too much space.

• Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Araneae6537 , very well done! I'm in love with the lighting! Perfect positioning and staging!
    Everything is so tastefully decorated... it has a sense of warmth and intimacy, yet isn't overbearing or obtrusive.
    There is a comfortable elegance about it.
    This is definitely a place I would hang out in 🥂
  • Aelorin
    Aelorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I allways was an Altmer fanboy, but lately the Dunmer have been growing on me. I really like your Corner club. The subtle red lighting gives a sense of drama, like an eruption of Red Mountain is possibly going to happen.
    And so the Elder Scrolls foretold.You will be shy, and I will be bold.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love it when people just keep to the racial style of the home. Looks so much better.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No