Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Can't mount in combat

npuk
npuk
✭✭✭
For the next QOL update how about allowing us to mount in combat, this would not only solve the whole "can't mount in combat" but add a new dynamic to PVP.
The Sacrificial Warriors GMXbox One EU:18x CP Chars (2300+ CP)Xbox One NA: 3x CP Chars (800+ CP)Xbox One (alt) EU:5x CP Chars (1500+ CP)Xbox One (alt 2) EU:1x CP Chars (450+ CP)PC EU: 1x CP Char (400+ CP)
  • Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭
    Or they fix the *** "In-combat" bug which is now for 2 years in the game. problem solved!!!
    PC EU - PVP - CP 2300+Win 10 Home 64-bit - 32GB - SSD 1000GBIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHzNVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They should try fixing the aggro. Sometimes you fail to shake off aggro from NPCs half a zone away you happened to go past 3 minutes before.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They even made the Adept Rider set that gives functionality to dismounting in combat. It would mean the set wouldn't be total junk if you could use it more than once in a fight.

https://eso-sets.com/set/adept-rider

It already has a cooldown so it's not like it would be OP or anything.
    Edited by TBois on December 4, 2019 1:51PM
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love it, but for all the wrong reasons. Nah.. of course being under heavy attack would scare away my ride, that's what they do :D
    Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they're a clever lil bugger that is, and i wouldn't suffer the indignity of getting carried by anything less <3

People trying to eat you? Without fighting skills, yes please! That tree/rock whatever looks good, come out when the action's over... Or I'll have to walk.. :'(
    Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or they fix the *** "In-combat" bug which is now for 2 years in the game. problem solved!!!

2 years? :lol:

try since launch
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »

2 years? :lol:

try since launch

Worse over the past 9 months though. Heck, I can be at a gate taking 10 minutes to make food and do business with the banker and when I'm done, I'm still in combat... lol
    PS4NA
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or delete "in combat" feature as the developers can't make it work correctly. Just like battlegrounds deserter penalty is pure insanity when you blue screen or get kicked because of server instability. Absolutely should not exist, bad show.
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems to be worse on Wardens than other classes.
    XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    They should try fixing the aggro. Sometimes you fail to shake off aggro from NPCs half a zone away you happened to go past 3 minutes before.
    The problem the OP is referring to has nothing at all to do with NPC aggro.

Cyrodiil's "stuck in combat bug" is caused by enemy player aggro; it frequently happens miles away from any hostile NPCs.
    Cyro NPC guard aggro behavior has been tweaked in one of the last major updates (Scalebreaker?) - and that did absolutely squat and diddly to fix the "stuck in combat" bug.

Using a resto staff makes the bug more severe in its frequency and duration; being a dedicated healer makes it really bad.
    dotme wrote: »
    Worse over the past 9 months though. Heck, I can be at a gate taking 10 minutes to make food and do business with the banker and when I'm done, I'm still in combat... lol
    Yep, sounds about right, in my experience.
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @jcmlongb16_ESO @ZOS_BillE

The fact that a character cannot summon and ride a mount while engaged in combat is Not A Bug. It is not an error in the software which needs to be "fixed". It is a feature of the game.

Please post suggestions for new features, or changes to existing ones, to the General Discussion section of the forums.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭
    Can we get any offical update for that bug from you ZENIMAX?????????????????????????????????? Each day i have this problem in pvp! This is no fun, It's just extremely frustrating. :/
    Edited by Thunderclap on December 5, 2019 7:47AM
    PC EU - PVP - CP 2300+Win 10 Home 64-bit - 32GB - SSD 1000GBIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHzNVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
  • npuk
    npuk
    ✭✭✭
    @jcmlongb16_ESO @ZOS_BillE

The fact that a character cannot summon and ride a mount while engaged in combat is Not A Bug. It is not an error in the software which needs to be "fixed". It is a feature of the game.

Please post suggestions for new features, or changes to existing ones, to the General Discussion section of the forums.

I never said that not being able to ride was a bug, the bug is the "can't mount in combat" because you healed near an enemy player 10mins ago and you are no longer in combat, a potential fix for this would be to allow people to mount in combat.
    The Sacrificial Warriors GMXbox One EU:18x CP Chars (2300+ CP)Xbox One NA: 3x CP Chars (800+ CP)Xbox One (alt) EU:5x CP Chars (1500+ CP)Xbox One (alt 2) EU:1x CP Chars (450+ CP)PC EU: 1x CP Char (400+ CP)
  • npuk
    npuk
    ✭✭✭
    Major_Lag wrote: »
    Asardes wrote: »
    Using a resto staff makes the bug more severe in its frequency and duration; being a dedicated healer makes it really bad.

I have found if you run race against time and keep your 5 orbs floating that helps to get out of it or killing an NPC but that can then stop other members of the group from mounting :s

• Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    I never said that not being able to ride was a bug, the bug is the "can't mount in combat" because you healed near an enemy player 10mins ago and you are no longer in combat, a potential fix for this would be to allow people to mount in combat.
    Beg pardon, but have you read the topic line for your OP?? In My Humble Opinion, you should have chosen a better topic line, and clarified the situation in your OP. Then I would not have posted my remark.

Then again, your "solution" does not remedy the actual problem. It only adds an unnecessary and unjustified capability that has far more ramifications for playing the game than maybe "fixing" the problem as you have now described it. ZOS has been releasing bugware for the past 5+ years. You know what to do if you don't like that, right?

• Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then again, your "solution" does not remedy the actual problem. It only adds an unnecessary and unjustified capability that has far more ramifications for playing the game than maybe "fixing" the problem as you have now described it.
    A simple way of dealing with the problem would be to allow players to mount in combat BUT reset the mount stamina to 0 if the player mounts while in combat.

This would have very little, if any negative impact:
    Anyone who mounts while engaged in actual combat would be immediately dismounted by taking any damage whatsoever (any 1 hit, or even a DoT tick) - whereas the lack of initial mount stamina would be only a minor inconvenience when mounting "in combat" while not actually engaged in any fighting ("stuck in combat" bug state).
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Major_Lag wrote: »
    A simple way of dealing with the problem would be to allow players to mount in combat BUT reset the mount stamina to 0 if the player mounts while in combat.

This would have very little, if any negative impact:
    Anyone who mounts while engaged in actual combat would be immediately dismounted by taking any damage whatsoever (any 1 hit, or even a DoT tick) - whereas the lack of initial mount stamina would be only a minor inconvenience when mounting "in combat" while not actually engaged in any fighting ("stuck in combat" bug state).
    Instead of applying the time and effort to implement your workaround (among others), we would all be better off if ZOS simply took the time to make the effort to remedy the actual problem instead. There's no reason to believe that the bug is impossible to correct.

• Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (...) if ZOS simply took the time to make the effort to remedy the actual problem instead. There's no reason to believe that the bug is impossible to correct.
    LOLOLOL, hahahah, pffffff :D:D:D

Sure - in principle, all software bugs are fixable.
    Some just take more effort than others. Sometimes that means a lot more effort.

However, after 5+ years of a gamebreaking bug existing and still no fix in sight, you'll have to excuse me for being highly skeptical about this one.
    Obviously, ZOS is either unable and/or unwilling to actually fix it.
    Various QOL workarounds are probably the best we can possibly hope for in this situation.
  • Titain
    Titain
    ✭✭✭
    For the next QOL update how about allowing us to mount in combat, this would not only solve the whole "can't mount in combat" but add a new dynamic to PVP.

I actually agree with you on this what is the harm a possible escape?
    Not like you are asking for a change to mechanics.
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been a PVP problem forever.
  • npuk
    npuk
    ✭✭✭
    Titain wrote: »

I actually agree with you on this what is the harm a possible escape?
    Not like you are asking for a change to mechanics.

A possible escape providing there is a bow sniper sniping you in the back as you ride off LOL

The only thing I can see is that there will be the naysayers who say this it's not fair because someone with a low spec mount count catch a 60/60/60 mount.

• The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday I engaged an enemy outside of Sejanus, hit him once and realized he was trying to keep us distracted from moving to Alessia. Saw the others moving towards the bridge and started following. Had to run all the way to Alessia with no enemies in sight because "you cannot mount in combat"...
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real