The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Can't report "stuck in combat" bug because I'm stuck in combat

Cavedog
Cavedog
✭✭✭✭✭
That's right, I can't report the stuck in combat bug because....you guessed it.....I'm stuck in combat.

As we all know, this is a bug that's been around since near day one of release, and while some patches make it worse or almost non existent, the bug persists.

ZOS is going to have to rebuild ESO from the ground up to fix these persistent bugs. If they could fix them with patches, they'd be fixed years ago.
  • Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, guess what....I'm still stuck in combat and it's been 20 minutes. Guess I'll relog and hope cyrodiil isn't full, and if it is, I guess It's time to find something to do other than ESO.

I'm reporting the bug here because I can't in game. You can't report a bug when your stuck in combat, and the bug I'm having is being stuck in combat.

....this isn't frustrating or anything.....
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS: Stuck in combat is working as intended. However, we'll put our top programmers on the task of fixing the issue preventing you from reporting bugs while in combat. Thank you for your patience.
  • PrayingSeraph
    PrayingSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had this bug happen to me the first time yesterday in the 2-3 years ive been playing ESO
  • CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would tell you that this bug has been plaguing me extremely for a few weeks, to a point, where it sometimes feels like I'm running across the complete map because I can never mount... but I can't, because I'm still stuck in combat.
    This poor little Bosmer stealth passive had passionate friends and a big loving family!

• Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does dying and respawning clear it or does it still persist?
  • molecule
    molecule
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dying and respawning cures it
  • EnemyOfDaState
    EnemyOfDaState
    ✭✭✭✭

This always works for me, just die and respawn at a keep.
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS loves this bug so much they've allowed it to infect overland pve. I've been stuck in combat dozens of times in Southern Elsweyr (and elsewhere). It's exceptionally irritating.
    forever stuck in combat
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "Stuck in combat" is the most annoying feature of the entire game.
    What is it good for? Absolutely nothing!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQHUAJTZqF0
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    molecule wrote: »

I wouldnt be so sure about that, my entire group suicided into the slaughter fish and were still in combat after, nothing fixed it except using task manager to kill the game :/
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update about being stuck in combat.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ohtimbar wrote: »
    ZoS loves this bug so much they've allowed it to infect overland pve. I've been stuck in combat dozens of times in Southern Elsweyr (and elsewhere). It's exceptionally irritating.

Southern Elsweyr does it with a vengeance. It seems half the dragon fights end with me being stuck in combat until I can get to a wayshrine.
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    molecule wrote: »

Not always.

I zoned into Cyrodiil at the gate and was immediately placed in combat. I had to alt-f4 to get out of the game because I couldn't use the shrine.
  • Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, this bug is extremely frustrating. Every day several times in PVP I have this. ;(
    PC EU - PVP - CP 2300+Win 10 Home 64-bit - 32GB - SSD 1000GBIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHzNVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Southern Elsweyr does it with a vengeance. It seems half the dragon fights end with me being stuck in combat until I can get to a wayshrine.

Isn't much better in Northern Elsweyr. Been fighting enough dragons for tickets these last few days (and for other stuff befpre that) up there and it is hugely annoying. Fells like it is at least half the fights if not more and while it appears to be a dragon fights only bug it doesn't relate to dragon color or shouts used. I've been trying to keep track to see if I could find a common denominator, so far no luck beyond the dragon factor.
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Paradox
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Isn't much better in Northern Elsweyr. Been fighting enough dragons for tickets these last few days (and for other stuff befpre that) up there and it is hugely annoying. Fells like it is at least half the fights if not more and while it appears to be a dragon fights only bug it doesn't relate to dragon color or shouts used. I've been trying to keep track to see if I could find a common denominator, so far no luck beyond the dragon factor.

Interesting. It’s not limited to dragons for me, though it does seem more common with them. I got stuck yesterday after the Kvatch arena quest and had to kill the exe. Even death wasn’t enough to end combat. Ridiculous.
    forever stuck in combat
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS, I tell you how to fix this bug easily:
    1. If you want to give a player this message, check for active enemies within 30 meters.
    2. If there are no active enemies within this radius...
    3. GET THE PLAYER OUT OF THIS MISERABLE STATE AT ONCE.

Edited by BalticBlues on December 6, 2019 4:43PM
  • Pelican
    Pelican
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cavedog wrote: »
    Hey, guess what....I'm still stuck in combat and it's been 20 minutes. Guess I'll relog and hope cyrodiil isn't full, and if it is, I guess It's time to find something to do other than ESO.

Cyro will never be full with so little players still here :D
    PC NA - EP Solo PvP Player
    https://www.youtube.com/c/pelicaneso
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting. It’s not limited to dragons for me, though it does seem more common with them. I got stuck yesterday after the Kvatch arena quest and had to kill the exe. Even death wasn’t enough to end combat. Ridiculous.

Personally I have yet to encounter it outside of Elsweyr but then I don't really do overland group content, such as wbs pr dragons, outside of Elsweyr so that might be it. It's also an eternity since I was to the Gold Coast for anything by the DB daily.

Maybe I should go fight some WBs in other zones than Elsweyr and see if I can get this one to pop? Though it may not be the same thing as mine have always worn off, eventually. Eventually sometimes being 5+ minutes. Yes I'm impatient, what of it?
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you use crown store when you are in combat ?
    Because , if you can't... well now you know how to write your bug report :D:joy:
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbh...I thought the blue screens Were the FIX for stuck in combat.....
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you use crown store when you are in combat ?
    Yes.
    It's the one thing that continues to work perfectly fine while stuck in that bugged state. You can even buy things while being officially considered "in combat". Go figure...
  • Prrasha
    Prrasha
    ✭✭✭
    If you can't fix it after all this time, then just give us a hotkey that forces us out of combat, and reduces our health to (small number). (Add a reduction in healing received and health regen if needed.)

If we really were in combat, the next attack will put us back in combat. And probably kill us, because our health is (small number), so it's not really exploitable. Disable it in dungeons and trials if you think it would break scripts there.

But at least half the zone won't have to walk all the way to the wayshrine after every stupid dragon kill...
  • Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe I should have been more clear. I had killed myself twice by jumping off cliffs, still in combat. I could port between keeps, still in combat....I couldn't log out either, I was still in combat. I had to use the quit function to clear the bug. I had to close the game to clear the bug.

...but the next time someone tells me to report a bug in game, I might freak out. It's not as if I don't try.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been enjoying the version of this bug where your entire raid team is stuck in combat despite the mobs resetting and everyone being dead, so nobody can rez up. I mean, it potentially ruins the progress of a run that can take teams quite a long time to work on without those players figuring out some work around to their bugs, no reason to make it a priority to fix.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • 16BitForestCat
    16BitForestCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't seen this bug happen to me in yeeeeaaaaars, and now that I've been killing Dragons daily for the event, it happens at least once a day ever since the event started--but ONLY after killing Dragons for me. This didn't happen to me during the Dragon Rise event. It's very frustrating having to foot it to the wayshrine while what seems like everyone else who was at the Dragon fight is mounted and leaving me behind at top speed. I've been lucky in that it always removes my "in combat" status after about fifteen seconds (one of my addons tells me whether or not I'm in combat), but that's the only upside to the situation.

Additionally, the advice I always offer is: never report things (bugs, bad players, etc.) in-game. ZOS support has admitted in the past that they don't pay attention to in-game reports the way they do to supports tickets filed through the website. https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/ I don't know why they even HAVE in-game reporting anymore. I've never once had action taken or even a response to in-game reports. But doing the extra work of filing them through the website has gotten the issue acknowledged every single time for me. I can't guarantee anyone else will have the same luck, but at least you can feel more confident you won't just won't just be throwing your reports into the void if you go through the website portal.
    PC/NA. Alliance agnostic: all factions suck and should go touch grass together.
    If you ever wonder why certain official fandom spaces are so often toxic, remember: corruption starts from the top.
  • apri
    apri
    ✭✭✭✭
    The worst still in combat bug I experienced most recently was: me dragon leaped into a wall and getting stuck there. With the ongoing still in combat bug I could not even use the get me to a safe spot travel option from the help menu. The only way to release was quitting the game.