The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Main Quest Daggerfall - DLC needed?

Eniredir
Eniredir
✭✭
Quick question: when playing through the main questline in Daggerfall, I got the 'Tharn Speaks" quest, which eventually leads me towards Stormhaven. However, when I try to go there, I can't because I don't have the Dark Brotherhood DLC. Is this intended or is there any work around? Thanks!
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Um,, Stormhaven is part of the base game so I don't know where you're trying to go but that ain't it.
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Addendum.

How are you trying to go there? Wayshrine? Wagon? Ship? If one of the two latter you may be trying to get to the wrong place, try a wayshrine instead.
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Quest markers on the map can get all wonky, leading you all over the place (they like to point to the Gold Coast boat all the time for some reason). Just go straight to Daggerfall.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Open up your Journal. Choose the Quest you want to do and choose show on the map. If your not sure, the Zone Guide you get with the map can restart the story quest for the zone.

Now, it does not help that Tharn is part of the Main Quest and some of the DLC quests, so he may not be who you want to talk to for the zone story quests.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should be able to meet Abnur Tharn at the Mages Guild in Daggerfall without needing to ever go to the Gold Coast. https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:The_Tharn_Speaks

Do note that there are some odd bugs with this quest if you also have the Elsweyr Prologue quest(s) active that ZOS keeps trying to quash. If that happens, complete or drop those quests and you should be able to proceed with The Tharn Speaks.
  • ShawnLaRock
    ShawnLaRock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like that the quest U.I. still rides on the orig quest marker system, in that - although sometimes confusing - I like that it directs you to carts & boats, still (especially if you haven’t unlocked Wayshrines on that character, yet) - to travel to current quests in various zones.

Since the first, “obligatory-overland travel” playthrough - I ACTUALLY like the Psijic Order skill line quest, “grind” - ‘cause I combine it with levelling alts... unlocking Skyshards, Wayshrines, Locations, introductory Guilds, etc. - and then when you hit CP, you’re set.

You have to actually WALK into zones, and it’s cool.

S.

Edit: grammar
    Edited by ShawnLaRock on December 5, 2019 11:31PM
  • Eniredir
    Eniredir
    ✭✭
    Oh yeah, I was trying to go there by boat and it was taking me to the Gold Coast. Sorry guys!