Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Torn between some classes

Eniredir
Eniredir
✭✭
Hello guys! So I've been playing a lot of classes lately and I decided to roll two characters. The composition of these will be:

Stamina / Pve DPS, PVP, some tanking: for these roles the ones I've been enjoying the the most are Stamdk and Stamcro. However, when it comes to pvp, the stamdk feels miles ahead (much more smooth) than the stamcro. Also noticing some weird bugs with blastbones, as reported everywhere in the forums.

Magicka / Healer, PVP, pve DPS : I'd have to say either Magplar or Magden. Magplar feels rather easy (so much so that I don't know if I won't get bored of it later on) and the magden has really visually pleasing skills. For healing they both seem more than capable of keeping everyone alive.

So, the reason I'm posting this is because I'm torn between these classes for the roles listed above. I know fun is the biggest factor here, but o be honest I seem to have fun with all of them. For the more experienced players than I am, what would you recommend between these?

Thank you!

Torn between some classes 25 votes

Stamdk/Magden
20%
JackSmirkingRevengeValykcSpartabunny08IskiabMykriz 5 votes
Stamdk/Magplar
60%
ixiekojoumarkusloveFTMXvorgKatahdinpsxflohsusmitdsNyassaVjcm2606rabidmyersGrianasteriMizoreReyesPlasma_ElfAlidelRahar 15 votes
Stamcro/Magplar
4%
ku5h 1 vote
Stamcro/Magden
16%
RunefangBobby_V_Rockitprice101610ImSoPro 4 votes
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You ask a lot of questions at the same time! A lot of people will have different views on it and much comes down to personal experience, but I'll try to give some advice.

For PvP, magicka both have great healing and are easy to build tanky, but the magplar is the absolute top dog right now. The magden can be fun if you want to play some ice/snare build, but idk if that still works. Stamcro has a lot of utility in it but it feels clunky because a lot of skills not working when you need them and is a bit harder to play.

For tanking, I've done vet DLC dungeons with both of them and both are viable, but they work a bit different. The stamdk has great area control with the leash and talons, where the stamcro has some nice debuffs to enemies and insane ulti regen. The agony totem offers minor vulnerability if the healer can't apply it and also minor protection to the group if they are close. The boneyard is very strong too, one morph gives you your own synergy for proccing alkosh, while the other applies an aoe major fracture and breach to all mobs in the area!! With stamcro your mobs will be running around a bit more, but it is fun to play.

For PvE DPS, I have only played other classes.

I hope you will enjoy your choices, and if not rerolling a new character takes some time but is not impossible.
  • Eniredir
    Eniredir
    ✭✭
    caperb wrote: »
    You ask a lot of questions at the same time! A lot of people will have different views on it and much comes down to personal experience, but I'll try to give some advice.

For PvP, magicka both have great healing and are easy to build tanky, but the magplar is the absolute top dog right now. The magden can be fun if you want to play some ice/snare build, but idk if that still works. Stamcro has a lot of utility in it but it feels clunky because a lot of skills not working when you need them and is a bit harder to play.

For tanking, I've done vet DLC dungeons with both of them and both are viable, but they work a bit different. The stamdk has great area control with the leash and talons, where the stamcro has some nice debuffs to enemies and insane ulti regen. The agony totem offers minor vulnerability if the healer can't apply it and also minor protection to the group if they are close. The boneyard is very strong too, one morph gives you your own synergy for proccing alkosh, while the other applies an aoe major fracture and breach to all mobs in the area!! With stamcro your mobs will be running around a bit more, but it is fun to play.

For PvE DPS, I have only played other classes.

I hope you will enjoy your choices, and if not rerolling a new character takes some time but is not impossible.

Thank you for your extensive reply! And sorry again, but sometimes asking myself what I enjoy the most is kind of hard eheh. Cheers
  • Rahar
    Rahar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamdk/Magplar
    For the most optimal of your choices in PvP.

But play what appeals to you thematically and what feels right gameplay wise. Don't make a choice based on other people's opinions of the class or FotM, because both of those will always change. Constantly.
    NeRf MaGsOrC
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stamdk/Magplar
    With StamDK you have something you can use for tanking if needed, and with Magplar you can heal. Both can be switched to DPS if needed (depending upon whether you want to roll stamina or magicka).

That's just my opinion though. :smile:
    Playing since beta...
  • loki504
    loki504
    ✭✭
    Rahar wrote: »
    For the most optimal of your choices in PvP.

But play what appeals to you thematically and what feels right gameplay wise. Don't make a choice based on other people's opinions of the class or FotM, because both of those will always change. Constantly.

I agree 100% on this. I went fron tankDK/healplar. To tankwarden/healplar.
    And niw i'm tankplar and healplar. I could not be happyer. Yes on Paper both the DK and warden are better. But i just enjoy Templar to much.