The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Addons on every time I log in

Earthewen
Earthewen
✭✭✭✭✭
It's getting really old having to turn off certain addons that I turned off the last time I logged in. Any chance of ZOS fixing this? They're spending an awful lot of time with non-essentials in the game. Can we get some love on the ESSENTIAL stuff actually working?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Addons are totally on you to update and maintain. ZOS only allows their use.

Use Minion to keep things updated. And the Addon No, Thank You can output out the error messages to your first chat window so you can ignore them. Because you will set up your second tab etc for actual chat use.
    Edited by Nestor on December 5, 2019 1:40PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have updated addons. I just am tired of having to turn off the addons every time I log in.

Some people don't recall because it was near the beginning of the game that ZOS actually encouraged people to make the addons. I can only guess it was so they didn't have to do so themselves which is totally fine. however, recently is seems they are more discouraging the addons. That probably shouldn't be the case since a lot of people went to a lot of trouble to make them. OR ZOS could put out a list of preferred addons that they recommend as being very comfortable with their own game code. Kind of a list of what might work best hand-in-hand with the game. :
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have to turn off any addons when I log in. So that begs the question, why are you turning them off? If your turning them off, why do you even have them? You can run different addon loads on each character if you need to.

I know some people run a different set of addons for PvP. Also, you don't have to log out to change your addon load, you can unselect them, then reloadui. There is even an addon that let's you run addon profiles so you can change the mix on the fly.

If you avoid Harvest Map and Master Merchant and Inventory Insight you will remove 90% of your addon load. And, even then, there are settings that reduce the impact of these addons.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Before you log in a character, go to the Addon menu. Here you have a drop down menu with all your characters. You can customize which addons to be loaded by default. For example I only have MM and AGS active on a single character, I don't have CMX, Srendarr & AlphaGear active on characters that are just crafters, I only enable WritWorthy when I do master writs. If you don't customize them, your loading screens will be longer. I have 18 characters so I can't afford that. I don't remember any case when and addon turned itself on after I had disabled it.
    Edited by Asardes on December 5, 2019 2:56PM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • nickl413
    nickl413
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've never heard of this either. Do you have any addons installed that save settings or manage other addons?
  • rnklippel
    rnklippel
    ✭✭✭
    Do you logout and quit the game normally? Or you force close it (Alt+F4 or turn of the computer without closing the game)?... because it saves the settings when you logout.

If one day you mess up some addon by accident (once I deleted one full page of Dressing Room settings), you can force close the game to avoid the changes from being applied.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Addons are totally on you to update and maintain. ZOS only allows their use.

Use Minion to keep things updated. And the Addon No, Thank You can output out the error messages to your first chat window so you can ignore them. Because you will set up your second tab etc for actual chat use.

This. Zos does not support addons outside of keeping addons developers apprised of changes Zos makes to the API.