The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Double the loot + half the RNG?

krachall
krachall
✭✭✭✭✭
I don't have any empirical data to support this but the drop rate for motifs and patterns seems to be absurdly low for this event. It wouldn't surprise me if ZOS double the drop rate during the event but drastically turned down the chance to get any worthwhile loot.

Since the event began, I've killed about 350 dragons in Southern Els and have gotten zero purple crafting plans. I've done the dragon daily quest 25 times and have gotten one Dragonguard motif. This is far lower than the drop rate I saw in Northern Els when there was no event going on.

Probably just me but seems too extreme to be random.
  • NaomiHutt
    NaomiHutt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Could just be really bad RNG.

Just keep at it surely RNG will have to give you something good soon going on odds.

But then again maybe not lol
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're just unlucky. It's normal to be unlucky with rng.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got two motifs from the dragon dailies back to back, and thought to myself "Wow, this is going to be easy!"

Jinxed it....haven't seen one since.

RNG can be very streaky in ESO.
  • nickl413
    nickl413
    ✭✭✭✭
    krachall wrote: »
    I don't have any empirical data to support this but the drop rate for motifs and patterns seems to be absurdly low for this event. It wouldn't surprise me if ZOS double the drop rate during the event but drastically turned down the chance to get any worthwhile loot.

Since the event began, I've killed about 350 dragons in Southern Els and have gotten zero purple crafting plans. I've done the dragon daily quest 25 times and have gotten one Dragonguard motif. This is far lower than the drop rate I saw in Northern Els when there was no event going on.

Probably just me but seems too extreme to be random.

I can't speak to the furniture patterns but the dragonguard motifs have been ridiculously low since dragonhold released. I have, on several occasions, done upwards of 50 dragon guard dailies in a day and never got more than 1 in a single day. It's either really low or it's a once a day drop.
    Edited by nickl413 on December 1, 2019 3:04AM
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got the Dragonguard chest. Sold that. I’d bought the set in traders before that. I was CONSIDERING farming it for money. But oh well.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I actually have had better drop rates with the event but i only do it for an hour a day. To much repetition is repetitive.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Have been in on a bunch of dragon kills. Have gotten 0 motifs. Have gotten 0 special items.

• Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One character has done over 20 dragonhold quests since the event began - no motifs.

Another has done about 10 - no motifs.

Before event, was getting 1 roughly every 2 days.

So yes, would seem that has decreased. But thats only my thoughts 😀
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bad rng, we all have it. At least, from time to time.

I have 7 Dragonguard pages so far, but until I unlocked the last reward from Dragonguard Sanctum (30 daily quest - 15 days) I had one...

To increase your odds, I advise you to run dailies with multiple chars - that's what I do.
    Edited by redlink1979 on December 2, 2019 10:41AM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, they probably didn't want the new motifs to become commonplace this soon after release. I'm not surprised that they want to keep new content rare. It's probably going to be a while before we see a new zone again.
  • Curious_Death
    Curious_Death
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think, you re right! When event started two of my friends got gold motif book - one got pellitine from a dragon, and one got sunspire from vSS next day... didnt see any1 getting even single motif page from dragon!

I think it's like with black friday in EU - month b4 increase price of old not bought product... put them on shop and says its 50% off and rly its 5% off original price... and when every1 spend their money... for xmass they put on shop nice items and lower price by 10% but they says its 50% end year sale! lmao... and ppl still buying.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well I got 2 now. Chests earlier and mace/maul last night.
  • Hotel6
    Hotel6
    ✭✭✭
    I got motifs from vSS but i dont get false god in divines :(
  • ShawnLaRock
    ShawnLaRock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been farming HARD every day since the event started, and have had literally 0 motif drops in Southern Elsweyr.

S.
  • quadraxis666
    quadraxis666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since the event began, I've killed about 350 dragons

Straight up, no the hell you haven't.

People always talking about RNG with their made up/wildly exaggerated numbers...

• ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jokes on you.

ZoS said there’s an increased chance for phat lewtz for the “special event”, but in reality they didn’t actually change anything.

They just said they did to get you all placebo’d up.

:trollface:
  • krachall
    krachall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since the event began, I've killed about 350 dragons

Straight up, no the hell you haven't.

People always talking about RNG with their made up/wildly exaggerated numbers...

lol. So how many have I killed?