Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Harddrive Cleanup

Sixsixsix161
Sixsixsix161
✭✭✭
So, I have a 500GB SSD, but it's getting a little crowded.

Looking at installed programs (through Control Panel), and I discovered two sets of ESO programs.

One, The Elder Scrolls Online, 57.8GB
Two, The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited, 69.36GB

Dp I really need both of these programs? I remember upgrading to Tamriel years and years ago, but why did it keep the other one?

Thanks for any help.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    right click on the shortcut you currently use open location that will tell you which version you are running from
    i would lean toward it being one tamriel
    Edited by Alienoutlaw on November 26, 2019 2:57AM
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, I have a 500GB SSD, but it's getting a little crowded.

Looking at installed programs (through Control Panel), and I discovered two sets of ESO programs.

One, The Elder Scrolls Online, 57.8GB
    Two, The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited, 69.36GB

Dp I really need both of these programs? I remember upgrading to Tamriel years and years ago, but why did it keep the other one?

Thanks for any help.

Did you get the game pre-Steam? The copy might be from back when they did the transition.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • Sixsixsix161
    Sixsixsix161
    ✭✭✭
    I joined Steam many years ago, and got ESO through them. Then I left the game for years, and when I decided to return, downloaded the game from the ESO website, not remembering that I had a Steam copy available for installation.

Anyway, that's probably what the issue is.

@ Alienoutlaw
    Thanks, I tried this and didn't see the More option, so almost didn't do it. Anyway, that leads to X86 Program Files and Elder Scrolls Online on my C drive. Just checked Steam and still have that copy available. However, I tried to play it once a few months ago and it refused to load, gave me some kind of warning about combining the ZOS and Steam copies, or something along that line. I decided not to do that.

Upon further review, I think I'll just leave things the way they are. I'd hate to delete the wrong one and then try to redo all that lol.

• Alricjames
    Alricjames
    Soul Shriven
    If you uninstall the game through Steam only the Steam version will get uninstalled. In your list of games on the left side, right-click the game name, scroll down to Manage, then click Uninstall. That's how I uninstall all my Steam games. I don't even bother with Add/Remove Programs for Steam games.