Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PVPers who play in Kaalgrontiid (Faction-locked, 30-day CP Campaign)

Shanehere
Shanehere
✭✭✭
Why do you play there?

EDIT: In case people are confused "Primary 30-day campaign" means the campaign that is at the top of the list and the most populated. The name of the campaign and it's features (wasn't always faction locked) have changed over the years so I didn't specify it in those ways.
Edited by Shanehere on December 6, 2019 12:02AM

PVPers who play in Kaalgrontiid (Faction-locked, 30-day CP Campaign) 204 votes

I've always played in the primary 30-day campaign.
24% 50 votes
I play in Kaal because I like faction locks.
28% 58 votes
I prefer no-CP, but I play in Kaal because it's more populated.
3% 7 votes
I would prefer to play in the standard campaign to be able to play across factions, but I remain in Kaal because it's more populated.
33% 68 votes
No particular reason.
2% 5 votes
Other
7% 16 votes
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As an Aussie, it's the only one that has a population in the times I play.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the faction locks. So does my guild, who's always been EP-loyal since we played on Haderus and Trueflame, and I like playing with my guild.

Blood for the Pact!
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have one character in kaal, and the rest that I PVP with go to the unlocked campaign. When they reintroduced the lock, I switched from playing the 7 day exclusively and went to kaal.
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • dennissomb16_ESO
    dennissomb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play in Kaal as it is the remaining campaign that has a semblance of population throughout most of the day and prime time is full in all 3 factions. However I do prefer 30 day CP, and I totally support faction lock.
  • Kilcosu
    Kilcosu
    ✭✭✭
    guild I'm in was homed in the 7 - day campaign and avoided all the lag, disconnected, and queue times to play together.

that server got blown up so we wound up in kaal.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its where my guild runs. I don't care, as long as there's a fight to be had. Some of my guildies seem to prefer lock but seems most dont care
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    always have and I prefer locked factions
  • lostcloud
    lostcloud
    ✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »

Pretty much this, the complete lack of players in PvP during OCE primetime now gives only one option and thats Kaal though in all honesty there has only been one real option for a number of years now. For 2 or 3 hours most nights all you can find is tower farmers now the population is so low.
    Nocturnal (AD AvA Oceanic guild, still kicking after 5 years) Formed in 1999 DAoC Beta now in our 21st year.
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lostcloud wrote: »

Pretty much this, the complete lack of players in PvP during OCE primetime now gives only one option and thats Kaal though in all honesty there has only been one real option for a number of years now. For 2 or 3 hours most nights all you can find is tower farmers now the population is so low.

Yep. I used to love Azuras but that got quiet so I went to Vivec. Then Kaal opened and OC became just a yellow wave. If you wanted any actual play and not get run over by 30 yellow, you had to wait for Japan to log on. Early work hours put an end to that for me so I gave up and left eso.
    I still check the forums now and then to keep up to date but I honestly don't miss eso pvp with the state of the servers and silly ongoing developer ideas still the norm.
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lostcloud wrote: »

And if you end up on the more populated side you can't switch to actually pvp..too bad I never got into pve, doubt pvp will recover in this game
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The unlocked standard campaign was dead on arrival.

It got introduced 6 days after campaign reset in Kaal.
    It got introduced into a different menu roster (zos at some point admitted themselves that most players just home/enter the first campaign when opening the campaign window).

It never had a chance to become any more of a ghost town than shor was because of how it got introduced.

They should have put all campaigns into the same window and replace kaal with a new one aswell.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't play as much as I used to, but I don't generally solo, so I join friends and guild members when I do play. Most seem to prefer Kaal, even with the lag and blobs. I don't really care for Kaal myself. However, Laat is either completely dead (although love not having any performance issues), or I'm getting run over by 50+ players on the opposing faction, so I may as well get run over among friends 🥂
    damned if I do, damned if I don't.

I remember a time when most guild leaders on all factions tried to spread out. Players at least "claimed" they just wanted good fights and for the most part, they prided themselves on not running large groups, or combining with other large groups (from either their own faction, or even from another). Unfortunately, it's become almost impossible to withstand the giant blobs, even if you're an expert button pusher, the sheer numbers eventually will wear you down and overwhelm you.
    In most cases, it has become quantity over quality.

Some players are very successful at being solo players, so not taking away from their abilities at all. Truly impressed by those players. However, capturing keeps and defending, usually requires some numbers, probably not to the extent of the massive blobs we're seeing today though.

Respect to those groups running who do not intentionally stack with other groups (especially if they do not "work" with another faction against a faction who is already in last place). I know a few leads who still try to keep the playing field fair. Considering the current state of the game however, it might become necessary.

It is interesting though that given all of the complaints and many forum posts regarding faction lock that more people (from all factions) are not migrating to Laat. I could be missing something, but a campaign is not going to fill itself and if everyone says they're not moving because no one is there... how do they think it will become more active? Players will just miraculously appear? Again, maybe I'm overlooking something, but I would think that given how many players were against the changes taking place on Kaal, there would be more than enough to fill Laat.. it won't fill itself....
    Edited by Delphinia on December 4, 2019 4:18PM
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Delphinia wrote: »
    It is interesting though that given all of the complaints and many forum posts regarding faction lock that more people (from all factions) are not migrating to Laat. I could be missing something, but a campaign is not going to fill itself and if everyone says they're not moving because no one is there... how do they think it will become more active? Players will just miraculously appear? Again, maybe I'm overlooking something, but I would think that given how many players were against the changes taking place on Kaal, there would be more than enough to fill Laat.. it won't fill itself....

Because players/groups go there for a night or two and just get bored. When I went the other night with 3 friends, literally the only fight on the map was at a resource. 4 of us versus an 8 man ball or experienced players versus a steady stream of pugs coming from the keep who's resource it was. The pugs had no chance against either of use and we had no chance against a ball group with double our numbers. I doubt anyone was really having fun. We brawled for a bit and then left for IC. Also empty.

I held out on Shor for a long time, trying to rebuild it. Begging people online and offline to show some restraint when they are dominating and to be tenacious when they are not. It just doesn't work. People log in to play.

It's unreasonable to expect players of different time zones, abilities, group sizes and playstyle desires to magically make it all work with coordination. Planned coordination and diplomacy in a game with slow territory acquisition live Eve? Sure. Camelot Unchained (if it every releases)? But not in a game like this. Creating an environment that is fun and viable for all the stakeholders is the game designer's job and they are failing at it. Almost everyone is crammed into Kaal because it fits the most. The most lag, too, unfortunately.

At this point, I think the only way to have two active campaigns is to just have two, one locked and one unlocked. No lowbie camp, no special rulesets, no extra campaigns during events unless the regular ones have queues.

They can be CP or not, that at least is something we can adapt to as players. With the upcoming CP rework, who knows, maybe CP will become irrelevant to combat.
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

Because players/groups go there for a night or two and just get bored. When I went the other night with 3 friends, literally the only fight on the map was at a resource. 4 of us versus an 8 man ball or experienced players versus a steady stream of pugs coming from the keep who's resource it was. The pugs had no chance against either of use and we had no chance against a ball group with double our numbers. I doubt anyone was really having fun. We brawled for a bit and then left for IC. Also empty.

I held out on Shor for a long time, trying to rebuild it. Begging people online and offline to show some restraint when they are dominating and to be tenacious when they are not. It just doesn't work. People log in to play.

It's unreasonable to expect players of different time zones, abilities, group sizes and playstyle desires to magically make it all work with coordination. Planned coordination and diplomacy in a game with slow territory acquisition live Eve? Sure. Camelot Unchained (if it every releases)? But not in a game like this. Creating an environment that is fun and viable for all the stakeholders is the game designer's job and they are failing at it. Almost everyone is crammed into Kaal because it fits the most. The most lag, too, unfortunately.

At this point, I think the only way to have two active campaigns is to just have two, one locked and one unlocked. No lowbie camp, no special rulesets, no extra campaigns during events unless the regular ones have queues.

They can be CP or not, that at least is something we can adapt to as players. With the upcoming CP rework, who knows, maybe CP will become irrelevant to combat.

Agreed.
    Pretty much what I noticed and as I mentioned above. "I don't play as much as I used to, but I don't generally solo, so I join friends and guild members when I do play. Most seem to prefer Kaal, even with the lag and blobs. I don't really care for Kaal myself. However, Laat is either completely dead (although love not having any performance issues), or I'm getting run over by 50+ players on the opposing faction, so I may as well get run over among friends 🥂
    damned if I do, damned if I don't."
    I can see why you would say they get bored. They're either falling to 50+ blobs and can barely try and get a resource back without a faction stack, or are actually running in the blob and therefore, there's nothing left after taking it all.. no "good fights"...
    Which just leads me full circle back to players trying to balance things out .. if not for other players' enjoyment, only for their own.. many people said no faction lock because they want to play with friends on other factions, which I can appreciate.
    So, if they were all in communication already, and wanted to play with different factions on different days/nights, I would have thought they would move to the unlocked camp so they could do exactly that...
    but, either way, I'm not losing sleep over it.. just find it a little odd... like I said, I'm not playing as much as I used to, but, I'd like my options when I play, to not have to be a choice of 1. zero opponents or 2. massive blobs
    It could be the times I'm playing, but that seems to be pretty much it.. either it's dead, or it's an entire faction running amuck
  • MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

It got introduced into a different menu roster (zos at some point admitted themselves that most players just home/enter the first campaign when opening the campaign window).

It never had a chance to become any more of a ghost town than shor was because of how it got introduced.

They should have put all campaigns into the same window and replace kaal with a new one aswell.

Agree so much! And yes I am also one of those who play Kaal because it's populated, but would prefer an unlocked campaign where I could play across alliances
    PC EU ∙ PC NA

'My only complaint about ball groups is that there aren't enough of them. Moar Balls.'
    - Vilestride
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Which just leads me full circle back to players trying to balance things out .. if not for other players' enjoyment, only for their own.. many people said no faction lock because they want to play with friends on other factions, which I can appreciate.
    So, if they were all in communication already, and wanted to play with different factions on different days/nights, I would have thought they would move to the unlocked camp so they could do exactly that...

Speaking only for myself, by the time the unlocked camp rolled around about 2/3 of my friends list had uninstalled, and don't want to come back.
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NBrookus , sorry to hear that. I've had a few do the same... sometimes, I think I'm going to join them...
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Transmutes
    PC EU
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer the campaign that has the best zone chat. 70 out of what, 13.5 million players that maybe 1% are active? Sample size is starting to get impressive at 5.38^-4%, if we assume 135k active monthly players in total.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer the campaign that has the best zone chat. 70 out of what, 13.5 million players that maybe 1% are active? Sample size is starting to get impressive at 5.38^-4%, if we assume 135k active monthly players in total.

Not one person has said that this poll was the end all of everyone. This vote will only be seen by but a small few players that have forum accounts or even use them.
    But does that mean we disregard the result entirely? No because people have indeed voted.

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭

^This.

The most populated campaign is the population that non faction lock built. They simply switched it to a lock and made a new non lock campaign to start from scratch.

It’s like building a billion dollar business for 20 years only to have it taken over by someone else. Then being forced to start a new one from scratch. Why would anyone be surprised that you have less money/employees?

ZoS should cleared all campaigns and created new options. Lack of foresight on decisions made.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

^This.

The most populated campaign is the population that non faction lock built. They simply switched it to a lock and made a new non lock campaign to start from scratch.

It’s like building a billion dollar business for 20 years only to have it taken over by someone else. Then being forced to start a new one from scratch. Why would anyone be surprised that you have less money/employees?

ZoS should cleared all campaigns and created new options. Lack of foresight on decisions made.

I like the faction locked campaign, and even I think they did the introduction of Laatvulon wrong.

They should have cleared both CP campaigns and let everyone rehome to the one they wanted. And they definitely shouldn't have offset them by 4 days so players can farm extra geodes if they want - that was a really odd decision.
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not one person has said that this poll was the end all of everyone. This vote will only be seen by but a small few players that have forum accounts or even use them.
    But does that mean we disregard the result entirely? No because people have indeed voted.

I don't know what the "end all of everyone" means but it sounds like fun!

I voted, and I haven't played this game in 2 years, so I guess it takes all kinds to make a poll. Who would disregard results of any sample if they support an argument one makes? I wouldn't, but people voting has very little to do with whether or not results have any merit beyond an argument's structure. Someone can easily make a counter argument that people vote on what gives them the most utility daily in their game experience by playing in the campaign they play in. Obviously if they can get more utility out of another campaign they'd play in it, and that sample includes all active players and excludes randos like me.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I voted, and I haven't played this game in 2 years, so I guess it takes all kinds to make a poll. Who would disregard results of any sample if they support an argument one makes? I wouldn't, but people voting has very little to do with whether or not results have any merit beyond an argument's structure. Someone can easily make a counter argument that people vote on what gives them the most utility daily in their game experience by playing in the campaign they play in. Obviously if they can get more utility out of another campaign they'd play in it, and that sample includes all active players and excludes randos like me.

It was casual slang. I was trying to keep the reply light =_=
    If you voted and haven't played for 2 years, you have never played in Kaal and therefore, this wasn't a poll for you to vote on.

I've said before regarding polls that there will never be enough information for anyone to say that: 'The majority of the eso population thinks this'. On top of that, A poll result can change drastically depending on where it is placed in the forums (eg, general chat has lots of lock supporters). But polls shouldn't be disregarded completely either because people have voted which is imput and these polls also lead to discussion in the comments about why they voted for what they did.

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact

Aldmeri Dominion

Daggerfall Covernant
  • Shanehere
    Shanehere
    ✭✭✭

I'm not trying to get an accurate representation of people's PVP preferences, that would be impossible.

I wanted an idea of how many people prefer to play in a campaign that they don't play in, I used population as the reason because it seemed like it would be the popular reason based on observation.

My other post (https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/501239/pc-na-the-kaal-campaign-is-ending-in-a-week-its-time-for-the-migration-to-laatvulon-non-locked#latest) I made before this was a rallying cry for people who were all up in arms about faction locks when it was first implemented to go over to Laatvulon because it's dead.

The argument for this was that the people who preferred non faction locks were in the minority. This could be true, but I believed the numbers were higher than one might think.

This poll is a small sample size, so it doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things, but the fact that 35 people said they would rather play in Laatvulon is a pretty decent number. Assuming everyone played on one faction, that's close to a population bar of people, and there is likely more, as you said, who don't use the forums or haven't seen this post. That's what I was interested in.

If every single person that voted decided to move to Laatvulon, alongside the current people playing in that campaign that give it 1-bars, thats probably enough of a population increase to get other people from going in there and checking it out.

I could never get an accurate representation of data based on a simple forum poll that anyone could fill out. Exhibit A is you not playing for years but still filling out polls that don't apply to you and criticizing it on the forums of the game you no longer play :smile:
    Edited by Shanehere on December 7, 2019 8:14PM
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove faction locks asap
  • J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only server with population when i play so no choice
    PC NA Server
    @J18696
    Characters
    Pridē - Dragonknight
    Vanıty - Arcanist
  • KillsAllElves
    KillsAllElves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There will always be that one campaign that has the most fighting, always have been that way always will be that way until eso is taken offline!

Faction lock should have been used on the other campaign.

Unlock kaalgrontiid

#NERFSORC
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faction locks proved to be a failure. On PC EU after faction locks were introduced Cyrodill population started to decrease drastically.
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because they removed the 7 day
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens