The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Hircine's Quest bugged?

QahnaarinZaphy
QahnaarinZaphy
Soul Shriven
Stuck at the "feed with your pack" part. Prompt to feed isn't going through.
Tried relogging, leaving the portal and returning, abandoning the quest. Still nothing. Everytime I go back into the portal it sets me back at the 'feed with your pack' part.
  • QahnaarinZaphy
    QahnaarinZaphy
    Soul Shriven
    Sent in a ticket in-game. I got a response that doesn't make sense to me.
    Telling me that that recommended level for the quest is 38 and completing it at a lower level is more difficult.

That has never mattered before what level I was. As long as I was able to take down the thing needed hunting I would always get the prompt to feed with the pack and it would go through. Now it's not.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sent in a ticket in-game. I got a response that doesn't make sense to me.
    Telling me that that recommended level for the quest is 38 and completing it at a lower level is more difficult.

That has never mattered before what level I was. As long as I was able to take down the thing needed hunting I would always get the prompt to feed with the pack and it would go through. Now it's not.

It is often the case with tech support of any kind that you need to write back saying "The form letter you sent me in response to my (previous) ticket was irrelevant to my problem."
  • Wavek
    Wavek
    ✭✭✭
    I've had some trouble there in the past and it was just a very tiny trigger spot I had to aim at. I basically had to move around and re-angle the camera while spamming the feed button until it finally worked.
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    (PC/EU) I asked and got got a bite from a friendly player at Rift Werewolf Shine yesterday. I could do "the feed with your pack" but it did require some persistent trying to bite just the right spot of lunch. Seems like the hitbox (or timing?) is bit picky / clitchy in that. Also snacking in general (I grinded for WW line a while before I left hunting grounds) felt like the hitbox could be better defined. If you are on PC and still can get the dish ready suggest getting there and just spamming different culinary angles and distances a bit.

tldr: For me in PC it worked but could be better.
  • kmcaj
    kmcaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't think I've ever had this quest not glitch. It's pretty awful.