The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Dragons and Soul Tear

doodle
doodle
Soul Shriven
Whats the best defense against Dragons Soul Tear shout, is there a potion you can make to remove it?

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best defense is having a good healer near you. ;)

Seriously, though, you’ll want to watch for the soul tear visual effect on the dragon before it shouts ... and block it.

If you miss blocking it, then crafted health potions will be your best bet ... or at least trash health potions along with some self-healing skills.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    On my stamblade I find one cast of Resolving Vigor is enough to ride it out. On my magblade the Soul Tear damage gets completely overridden by all the self-healing she gets from her attacks (it just gives her a pretty aura). I don't find it necessary to block Soul Tear.

PC EU
  • doodle
    doodle
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you, Guess I'll work on some healing skills
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that the DoT that sort of sounds like he yells “beef croissant”? If so, I slot whatever cleanse is available to them so I don’t have to worry about outhealing it.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mmmm ... beef croissants ...
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mmmm ... beef croissants ...

More like
    “beef croissant”
    “oooh no, purge before I lag!”

I saw about five people die from it at around the same time as they were approaching the dead dragon to loot it. I had to chuckle at that (been there too, stupid beef croissants).
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What gets me is assuming you haven't completed the main story line you shouldn't have a soul to even tear.

... Right?
  • Dragonredux
    Dragonredux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best defense is either slotting Purge from the Support skill line (rank 4)

Or if you're a Templar (Cleansing Ritual), Warden (Betty Netch), Necromancer (Expunge) and use their class purge. Besides the warden one removing one debuff every 5 seconds, you should remove both Soul Tear and Major Defile (which i find the better threat tbh)
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The dragon's DOTs need to end when it dies.

Also, are some of the dragons attacks considered oblivion damage. I've noticed while tanking the dragon that some of its attacks go straight to my health instead of stam while blocking..(and no, it's not the soul tear tick)
  • Rahar
    Rahar
    ✭✭✭✭
    doomette wrote: »
    Is that the DoT that sort of sounds like he yells “beef croissant”? If so, I slot whatever cleanse is available to them so I don’t have to worry about outhealing it.

I wish you would have never said this

now the dragons will never say anything other than "beef croissant"
    NeRf MaGsOrC
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have a strong burst heal you can survive it. Dark conversion on a sorc for example.
    Edited by Thrasher91604 on December 3, 2019 10:19AM