Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ideas for Making "Presents"

static_recharge
static_recharge
✭✭✭✭
I would like to create a more "traditional" Christmas setting in a house I'm working on. This would include things like a hearth, tree, wreaths and presents. I have at least figured out how I'm going to do the other items but I have no idea how to make presents that I can put under the tree or in a big pile of even spread around the house while still using as little items as possible.

So I'm turning to the awesome housing community for ideas! Please discuss and share screenshots if you can.
Edited by static_recharge on November 23, 2019 7:42PM
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can't really see them that well in this picture, but I just used a variety of boxes (from Suite Trunks, and from Parlor Knick-Knacks) to represent 'packaged' presents. The Dunmer boxes from Morrowind and the Alinor/Scrimshaw ones from Summerset are especially nice imo, they come in a variety shapes and sizes. It's a pretty basic and unimaginative 'present' pile, but it saves slots which is always the issue I run into when trying to make detailed builds - especially in the larger houses.
    9xh4ww1dbgjg.png
    The Figurines from Summerset make nice presents too, like a toy unicorn or toy gryphon or other stuff you may find under a family's Christmas tree. Pearls from Summerset and Balls of Yarn can also make nice miscellaneous presents, and you can put down some Fabric piles for a splash of colour or to pretend to be Christmas sweaters or something.
    Quality-Fabric-Stacked.jpg
    If I had slots to spare I would have probably use 5 of these to 'construct' more traditional Square-shaped wrapped presents (would have looked like a square box wrapped in pink wrapping paper), but that would've been way too many slots and wouldn't have given me the variety of shapes and colours that the regular box furnishings did. Anyway, I'm sorry that I can't suggest a more creative solution, but good luck with your hunt for finding some items that could work as presents! :smile:
    Edited by bluebird on November 23, 2019 8:38PM
  • static_recharge
    static_recharge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you @bluebird ! Very elegant solution!
  • LurgidBean
    LurgidBean
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't tried it yet, but I was going to use the "Dragon Hoard" gold pile furnishing strategically and arrange boxes of fruit etc on top to make it look varied and not quite so shiny!
    Not sure if it'll work, though. Feel free to try!

Edited to mention - The Best part is the furnishing is considered a collectable or special furnishing so won't take up a regular furnishing spot!!!
    Edited by LurgidBean on November 24, 2019 12:56AM
    Xbox NA/EU
    "Once I misplaced an entire roast chicken, so this doesn't surprise me."
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    hihrc6m82del.png

the cat and like two or three other things are fx, but the rest all are items
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • LurgidBean
    LurgidBean
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jester's Boxes also look very nice on a table or hearth. Plus, your visitors can actually open the gift!!!!

Edit:
    hihrc6m82del.png

the cat and like two or three other things are fx, but the rest all are items

Oops! Sorry just noticed your jester's box on table. Show, don't tell.

I can guarantee that Amethyst geode (from Brazil) isn't in game, or I'd have 20% of all housing dedicated to it!
    Edited by LurgidBean on November 24, 2019 2:12AM
    Xbox NA/EU
    "Once I misplaced an entire roast chicken, so this doesn't surprise me."
  • Lariana
    Lariana
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here are a couple of pictures of the trees I put up in our guild house the last two years. Hope you get some ideas :smile:

2017:
    NM61Beo.png

2018:
    nn5k3hD.png
    Not even daedra have two left feet!
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They should really provide a pile of wrapped presents, via the event, or something.

Also, a star (which lights up) for the top of the tree and some baubles to decorate the tree.

Ideally, both would come in two sizes - so, you can use the larger versions for fir trees outside.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There are also some wrapped packages you can buy via the Crown store but, although they are nice, they aren't really festive, as such.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In real life, I like to put flowers on presents instead of ribbons. You could use the daedra thorn and pale garden flowers to stick on top of some boxes. I imagine they'd look lovely as tree ornaments, too!
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jester's Boxes are quite cheap on stores i got one for about 100 gold i think so id grab a few of those if you dont want to spend a lot of cash.
    Also when reading this threds title this song came into my head imedatly, anyone else?
    https://youtu.be/AyeHlZ_kPtU
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kaisernick wrote: »
    Jester's Boxes are quite cheap on stores i got one for about 100 gold i think so id grab a few of those if you dont want to spend a lot of cash.
    Also when reading this threds title this song came into my head imedatly, anyone else?
    https://youtu.be/AyeHlZ_kPtU

This movie and song really describe the mood I've been in--not over Halloween but ready for Christmas. What a relatable, cinematic treasure!
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • static_recharge
    static_recharge
    ✭✭✭✭
    These are all awesome ideas thank you everyone!
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm kind of late but here are some additional ideas. The various Alinor jewelry boxes would look good under a tree. They are available in the housing editor crown tab for 100 - 190 Crowns. There are also the Hlaalu, Indoril and Scrimshaw boxes and canisters which are craftable or purchased through the housing editor. As part of the Parlor Knick-Knacks there are also some figurines that again can be crafted or purchased. Lastly don't forget about the Sweetrolls.
  • Futerko
    Futerko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here its some inspiration from housing guild:

@Janeva
    JnrqCik.png

@KassEtak
    AfEAy1d.jpg

@Nelira
    WLQbwQ2.jpg

YOUTUBE CHANNEL HOUSING/OUTFITS

GM Aetherius Art - Housing Guild (PC EU)
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Futerko wrote: »
    Here its some inspiration from housing guild:
    Those trees look so festive, and so well put-together! :smiley: Great build ideas, thanks for sharing!