The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What Do Healers Get Outta BG's?

• Arkew
    Arkew
    ✭✭✭
    Arkew wrote: »
    I usually run offense-focused builds. However, sometimes I wanna do some PVP.. but I also kinda wanna chill, you know? So I hop on my healer and hang back tossing out heals and buffs and whatnot. I'm helping.. I'm contributing.. but I'm not worried about kill counts. I'm not expecting to place high on the scoreboard. It's a lower-stress role for me and that's the draw.

low stress when you got focused by a full premade team when you are in team of random good luck for being saved

me i have no stress because i'm in safe place generally

Happens sometimes but my point is I'm not nearly as fixated on the scores at the end when I'm a healer, because I already know my score will be last on the team as a healer. So my attitude towards the match is much more relaxed. And if I'm on a decent team with decent damage, I really don't have to worry about getting focused too much. And I always pack some offense as well just in case.

it's your choice as healer to being last or dominate them all, i not take it bad, it's your choice , not mine
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I usually run offense-focused builds. However, sometimes I wanna do some PVP.. but I also kinda wanna chill, you know? So I hop on my healer and hang back tossing out heals and buffs and whatnot. I'm helping.. I'm contributing.. but I'm not worried about kill counts. I'm not expecting to place high on the scoreboard. It's a lower-stress role for me and that's the draw.

low stress when you got focused by a full premade team when you are in team of random good luck for being saved

Happens sometimes but my point is I'm not nearly as fixated on the scores at the end when I'm a healer, because I already know my score will be last on the team as a healer. So my attitude towards the match is much more relaxed. And if I'm on a decent team with decent damage, I really don't have to worry about getting focused too much. And I always pack some offense as well just in case.

it's your choice as healer to being last or dominate them all, i not take it bad, it's your choice , not mine

Yeah I don't know about other people, but my goal when I queue for a competitive game mode is always to win, not lose. Which means I'm either playing the best I can play, or I am not playing at all.
  • Arkew
    Arkew
    ✭✭✭

Yeah I don't know about other people, but my goal when I queue for a competitive game mode is always to win, not lose. Which means I'm either playing the best I can play, or I am not playing at all.

It's your choice not mine, me loosing or winning i Don't really care, i just care of my score for trolling my teammate at end by saying hey look a healer can make better score than you all :3, and accessory to being in leaderboard,.
  • nryerson1025
    nryerson1025
    ✭✭✭✭
    I recently discovered the enjoyment of PvP healing, after about 3 years of knowing nothing but stam PvP. I have regularly lead bg sized groups, sometimes up to 6, in cyrodiil, now as both stam and heals. I am just now seeing how the degree of influence one has on the outcome of a fight cannot even compare. In BGs, I don't ever feel ignored or neglected because I'm always in last place. When grouped with random players, it's not unlikely you will carry the team to victory and when grouped with coordinated friends, it doesn't even seem fair playing against teams without one. It's not fun to win like that imo. Your role and influence from my experience is well known. And for anyone who hasn't, leading a team as a support healer can be rewarding in ways previously not thought possible. I definitely recommend it
  • Arkew
    Arkew
    ✭✭✭
    I recently discovered the enjoyment of PvP healing, after about 3 years of knowing nothing but stam PvP. I have regularly lead bg sized groups, sometimes up to 6, in cyrodiil, now as both stam and heals. I am just now seeing how the degree of influence one has on the outcome of a fight cannot even compare. In BGs, I don't ever feel ignored or neglected because I'm always in last place. When grouped with random players, it's not unlikely you will carry the team to victory and when grouped with coordinated friends, it doesn't even seem fair playing against teams without one. It's not fun to win like that imo. Your role and influence from my experience is well known. And for anyone who hasn't, leading a team as a support healer can be rewarding in ways previously not thought possible. I definitely recommend it

i prefer hight score XD
  • azjuwelz
    azjuwelz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm shaking my head at this entire thread, because I earned my first MVP achievement in Battlegrounds on my Magden healer, and so far to date, she's my best toon in bgs. My kill number might not be the highest, but I get a lot of badges.

All I do is put on some inpen gear on her, switch out a few buff/debuff skills to slot some offense like shalks and cliffdiver, her class shield, change 1 Ult to Northern Storm, and I'm good to go.

Like someone else said, it's about providing that balance of damage and healing. Makes me crack up when they try to burst me down and I just outheal them and spam the Shalks.

What else do I get out of it? Motifs, transmutation stones, AP. But especially the laughs.
    Xbox-NA
    Guildmaster of Nightmothers Deadly Deals

PVE/PVP Stamblade: Ylandra Silverthorn
    PVE Magwarden healer: Raw'zl Dah Zel
    PVE DK Tank: Greta Feuerwerk
    PVP StamDK: Helga Feuerwerk
    PVP Necro Healer: Dratha Helbain
    PVE Magcro: Dorian Fey
    PVE Magblade: Arivssa Thaoral
    PVE Magsorc: Eldara Birchwood
  • Crucified4sin
    Crucified4sin
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately for me, my most recent experiences whilst playing my healer in bgs, has been the constant complaining of unappreciative players who's only goal is to get a high kill count, regardless of the game mode..

I.e. one gentleman (in a loose sense of the word) spent the entire match complaining that I wasn't dps, while standing in the spawn zone for the entirety of the match. Meanwhile my buddy and I are running around trying to capture flags.. which brings me to the other issue with said fellow, it was a land grab game, not a deathmatch.. your kill count means next to nothing in land grab.. In fact I feel a healer should be welcome in those modes above all else.

I also like when I'm the one to blame when little 16k hp Johnny decided to stand in dmg zones, or pull a charge of the light brigade, head on into Crimean cannon (being our opposition) alone, and crumpling in an instant. Then out comes the "your a s*** healer".. yeah like my heals would have helped you. Your one dsw, and a db kill

Needless to say I always appreciate healers, and enjoy playing one myself.. they have proven most useful in every game mode..I've been in death matches on my dps where without the help of the healer we would have lost hands down, but we won, Because the guy who couldn't put out an ounce of dps, kept us going long enough to mop the floor with our competitors.

Healers are UNDOUBTEDLY the single most under appreciated of the classes, and catch the most flak from unskilled players who take thier short comings out on us.

Keeping a group alive is no easy business

MAD LOVE FOR THE HEALERS 😘

• Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Healers do get ripped HARD in BGs. I play way less BGs now then I used to on my new character who’s a DPS. I’d say about half.

First character was a healer and I’d cap out at maybe 4k points and never get on the weekly scoreboard. New character’s a DPS and playing half the BGs I’ll cap out just under 8k and end up being ranked in the weekly scoreboard. It’s FUBAR.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Healers do get ripped HARD in BGs. I play way less BGs now then I used to on my new character who’s a DPS. I’d say about half.

First character was a healer and I’d cap out at maybe 4k points and never get on the weekly scoreboard. New character’s a DPS and playing half the BGs I’ll cap out just under 8k and end up being ranked in the weekly scoreboard. It’s FUBAR.

8k score a game!? If I'm steamrolling I hit 7k but I ain't ever done 8, you must be banging haaard.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »

8k score a game!? If I'm steamrolling I hit 7k but I ain't ever done 8, you must be banging haaard.

It’s beginner BGs. I use a resto staff back bar to compensate for weak team mates a lot who’re still learning. That score was maybe 18-1 iirc with 800k damage and 400k healing. That’s not the norm, but achievable yea.

I also heal more if I have strong team mates. I saw mystikkal in one of my BGs, basicly just made sure she was topped up and assisted her/him so he/she could work the magic.

Edit: I had less then I thought, almost 7.5k. Here's the screenshot:
    https://imgur.com/lfDU0B6

Though this is the one I'm most proud of... had only two people on our team against two teams of 4 and we still won. 4th dropped from one team.

https://imgur.com/NwfoLfQ
    Edited by Iskiab on December 10, 2019 3:14PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s beginner BGs. I use a resto staff back bar to compensate for weak team mates a lot who’re still learning. That score was maybe 18-1 iirc with 800k damage and 400k healing. That’s not the norm, but achievable yea.

I also heal more if I have strong team mates. I saw mystikkal in one of my BGs, basicly just made sure she was topped up and assisted her/him so he/she could work the magic.

Though this is the one I'm most proud of... had only two people on our team against two teams of 4 and we still won. 4th dropped from one team.

Ah fair, team player, makes sense!

I sometimes throw heals but usually only to competent teammates (though they can usually just stay alive with self healing, my ritual ticks etc), otherwise the damage I lose to heal someone who isn't doing the damage I would have done, just doesn't seem worth it. I heal more in more balanced games (when they exist) but not as a whole.

That's decent numbers though, nice!
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Arkew
    Arkew
    ✭✭✭
    me i throw heal on the weakest player because he are fastly injuried = more medals
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It's your choice not mine, me loosing or winning i Don't really care, i just care of my score for trolling my teammate at end by saying hey look a healer can make better score than you all :3, and accessory to being in leaderboard,.

Now if ZOS added an anti-competitive game mode where the goal was to lose, or do the exact opposite of try to win, I would definitely try to not get kills, or heals, or do damage, and try my best to die as many times as I could. Now that would be a fun game mode, seeing who can suck the most and get rewarded for it. But unfortunately, I have not seen any games in the entire existences of games offer such a game mode. But hey, you never know, ZOS might decide they want to break new ground, and become the first in the world to introduce such a game mode. Might even be turned into an eSport!
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Ah fair, team player, makes sense!

I sometimes throw heals but usually only to competent teammates (though they can usually just stay alive with self healing, my ritual ticks etc), otherwise the damage I lose to heal someone who isn't doing the damage I would have done, just doesn't seem worth it. I heal more in more balanced games (when they exist) but not as a whole.

That's decent numbers though, nice!

I like having fun, and winning is fun!

Being able to adapt to your team is great, that’s why I like the resto back bar. I’m in a dps spec save radiating regen so lack the sustain of a real pvp healer, but can pvp heal in a pinch.

I find someone has to be REALLY new to not be worth healing. Other players are sort of like shields for your health :). Since I’m somewhat squishy I’ll also heal when first engaging and just wait for enemy ults to go off, then pounce in and clean up.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair